Blue Jays Discussion: Alright, no more discontent. Just baseball | ST in Mtl: StL @ Tor | Mar 26/27 7pm ET/4pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Arden Zwelling @ArdenZwelling
1m
Sixth inning in Port Charlotte — a couple loud opposite field hits for the Blue Jays off Rays righty Andrew Kittredge. A Dalton Pompey double and a no-doubter Anthony Alford home run.

be still my beating heart.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
1m
Sixth inning in Port Charlotte — a couple loud opposite field hits for the Blue Jays off Rays righty Andrew Kittredge. A Dalton Pompey double and a no-doubter Anthony Alford home run.

be still my beating heart.

Bisons are gonna have a sick roster

Reactions: zeke

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
1m

Be still my beating heart.

I still have hope for Pompey. If he can just stay healthy he's still a very talented player at a position of need. He's running out of time and chances with us though.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Well I guess he'll be traded if nobody just claims him.

It's entirely possible that nobody claims him, but if that happens I'd imagine he would elect for free agency rather than be reassigned to somewhere in the minors off the 40-man.

Still, this is pretty much the surest "no more Carrera" scenario short of actually trading him right now.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Carrera's termination pay is apparently just slightly over 300k, so no harm no foul in cutting him for Oh. He's redundant on the roster and the salary difference (1.9 vs 1.75) is negligible.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
He'll need to show some semblance of power to get back on the radar. His AAA performance to date has been rather disappointing.

disappointing, sure, but not really bad, especially given the injuries.

AAA

Pompey (21-24): 751pa, 109wrc+
Hernandez (23-24): 616pa, 122wrc+

AA

Pompey (21-22): 275pa, 158wrc+
Hernandez (21-23): 934pa, 102wrc+

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
I figured it’s time to stop dancing in the streets and come inside. About time Carrera was DFA’d, I was nervous they might have kept him on the roster heading into the season in favour of Diaz due to “asset” management.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I figured it’s time to stop dancing in the streets and come inside. About time Carrera was DFA’d, I was nervous they might have kept him on the roster heading into the season in favour of Diaz due to “asset” management.

That was my concern, too. As frustrating as it can be, some players are worth making less-than-ideal 25-man decisions on to keep around. Ezequiel Carrera is not one of those players.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Do we wait for the Carrera to the Braves for future considerations or cash?

Im not a Carrera fan but he did his job as a 4th OF and provided good value as a minor league contract. Hopefully he gets an opportunity elsewhere... pretty raw end to the deal to DFA him so late in the offseason. Lessens his chance at landing an MLB job.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Do we wait for the Carrera to the Braves for future considerations or cash?

Im not a Carrera fan but he did his job as a 4th OF and provided good value as a minor league contract. Hopefully he gets an opportunity elsewhere... pretty raw end to the deal to DFA him so late in the offseason. Lessens his chance at landing an MLB job.

I agree. All the guy did was the best he could. There are guys with a lot more ability that weren’t significantly better at the plate.

I wish him well

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
disappointing, sure, but not really bad, especially given the injuries.

AAA

Pompey (21-24): 751pa, 109wrc+
Hernandez (23-24): 616pa, 122wrc+

AA

Pompey (21-22): 275pa, 158wrc+
Hernandez (21-23): 934pa, 102wrc+

Not bad at all. Just leaves you wanting with the ISO. The reports of the defense not being good in Buffalo was disappointing as well.

I agree though, if he's healthy, he's an established major leaguer by now.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Did we know Stroman was having an MRI on his shoulder yesterday?

Apparently no damage just some soreness, according to Blair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca