All-time Draft #7 sign-up

Zetterberg4Captain*

I can state with 100% conviction, that there is absolutly no voting bias for young NHLers. Against them? You bet.

Whaaa whaaa. If you can't find 672 picks worth making then from Mullin's participation in the Minor League draft, we know he can, so why not give your spot to him.

Oh good trying to kick people out of the draft now for doing nothing? Good job man! GONGRATS you *******. :handclap:

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Suggestion: Make Crosby, Ovechkin, Staal and any other player under the age of 25 in today's NHL unavailable for the draft, as playoff voting bias in their favour will be much greater than they have demonstrated careerwise, even though they lack playoff experience, the potential, potential, potential of present-day youngsters (under age 25) is too much a distortion in a history draft.

I would disagree with that rule change proposal. The voters on the winners of the draft are us, and I think most of us don't overrate those players as much as the kids on the main board of this site would. Crosby wasn't even drafted last time and Staal was a #13 forward; so it's not like they're being taken way earlier than they should.
I believe the two finalists from last draft each only had 3 active players on their team, so there didn't seem to be an unfair bias in the last voting.

The guys like Crosby and Staal have already accomplished a lot and deserve to be drafted, so shouldn't be barred IMO.

On the other hand if somebody picks Angelo Esposito, then maybe....

On another note, I'm looking forward to this draft a lot. 28 teams should make it more challenging than ever. The latter rounds will likely decide the winners once all the obvious players have been taken. All the new GMs seem to know their hockey and should make it more interesting; especially Arrbez who is easily the funniest poster on this site (that chooch picture was a classic.)

Last edited:

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I would disagree with that rule change proposal. The voters on the winners of the draft are us, and I think most of us don't overrate those players as much as the kids on the main board of this site would. Crosby wasn't even drafted last time and Staal was a #13 forward; so it's not like they're being taken way earlier than they should.
I believe the two finalists from last draft each only had 3 active players on their team, so there didn't seem to be an unfair bias in the last voting.

The guys like Crosby and Staal have already accomplished a lot and deserve to be drafted, so shouldn't be barred IMO.

On the other hand if somebody picks Angelo Esposito, then....
And remember the field day we had when one young gun got picked so early? That right there should dissuade anyone from picking those guys so soon. If you want to pick one of those guys as someone to take a regular shift, go for it. Don't complain when you're eliminated in the first round.

They'll get picked, but it won't be until late in the draft. Those types are best served as No. 13 forwards/No. 7 defencemen/No. 3 goalies.

shawnmullin

Jul 20, 2005
Swift Current
And remember the field day we had when one young gun got picked so early? That right there should dissuade anyone from picking those guys so soon. If you want to pick one of those guys as someone to take a regular shift, go for it. Don't complain when you're eliminated in the first round.

They'll get picked, but it won't be until late in the draft. Those types are best served as No. 13 forwards/No. 7 defencemen/No. 3 goalies.

I definately remember the field day :)

Really it's a learning process... trying to figure out someone's value. And every year Crosby et all, their value improves with a season they play... but by how much?

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The #7 All-time Draft

The Jim Coleman Conference

Don Cherry Division:

BM67 - New Jersey Devils
Evil Speaker - Boston Bruins
Evil Sather - (New York Rangers)
reckoning - Buffalo Sabres
John Flyers Fan - (Philadelphia Flyers)
MXD - Miami Screaming Eagles
Wisent - Adler Mannheim

Foster Hewitt Division:

kruezer - Seattle Metropolitans
HankyFourFingers - Portland Buckaroos
VanIslander - Las Vegas Thunder
Nalyd Psycho - St. Louis Eagles
EagleBelfour - Detroit Falcons
Spitfire11 - Detroit Red Wings
Pwnasaurus - Kansas City Scouts

The Red Fisher Conference

Jim Robson Division:

The Lone Elvi - Vancouver Canucks
pitseleh - Nanaimo Clipper
God Bless Canada - Trail Smoke Eaters
Murphy2 - Edmonton Oilers
Brett_Lebda - Saskatoon Blues
pnep - Siberian Bears
vancityluongo - ?????

Bob Cole Division:

#66 - Les A's de Quebec
Hockey Outsider - Montreal Canadiens
raleh - (Montreal Maroons)
Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
pappyline - Barrie Flyers
arrbez - Aurora Tigers
LapierreSports -Montreal Wanderers

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I'm officially accepting his offer as Assistant General Manager of the Las Vegas Thunder.
With that position comes full powers to draft on behalf of the franchise. As the head g.m. I cannot overturn his picks, but I can fire him. ;) He also has the authority to make trades on behalf of the team at any time. the Thunder is pleased to welcome him to the desert. :handclap:

shawnmullin, ass. g.m. of the Las Vegas Thunder

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
I will be known as the Portland Buckaroos

buck1.gif

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Come on guys. Don't pretend you don't know EXACTLY how you will pick!

As I stated above, with Orr in Vancouver, the order of the next three picks are pretty easy to predict, all things considered.

The only question will be whether the Canadiens will select Beliveau or Richard or go anglophone with fifth overall? THAT is a good question, is less obvious.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site

As I stated above, with Orr in Vancouver, the order of the next three picks are pretty easy to predict, all things considered.

The only question will be whether the Canadiens will select Beliveau or Richard or go anglophone with fifth overall? THAT is a good question, is less obvious.

I can assure you, if I have to choose between Howe & Gretzky, I dunno what I'll do.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site

Seriously, if the player I really want will not be there at 4, I will listen to offers as there are many players I really like in the second round or early third.

So looking forward for the draft to begin.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Well we can always trade after my fourth if your offer is right. ;)

I'm hoping to draft an entire team of guys with killer moustaches (you know, to show we're real men). I suppose I could send a Sanderson or Goulet in your direction...McDonald and Shack are strictly off limits though.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
I'm hoping to draft an entire team of guys with killer moustaches (you know, to show we're real men). I suppose I could send a Sanderson or Goulet in your direction...McDonald and Shack are strictly off limits though.

Perhaps I could offer you Balderis. For killer moustache that guy sets standards. Went so well with the awesome glasses.

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005

I'm not going to have to make that tough decision.

I'm not sure if I should wait for the main draft thread or not, but the Montreal Canadiens trade their first (#5) and fourth round picks (#108) for the Montreal Maroon's first (#22) and second round (#35) picks.

Raleh to confirm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad