All-time Draft #7 sign-up

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
I will never, ever vote in favour of allowing the Tweedle Dums that populate the main board to vote on who wins our draft. Most of those buffoons are clueless about hockey and its rich history. A lot of guys put too much work and effort in this draft to allow it to be spoiled.

The GMs of this draft are the elite of the elite on HF Boards. We are more than capable of picking a winner. We voted to determine the division seeding (you couldn't vote on your own division), and we voted on our playoff winners. (You couldn't vote on your own series, and the series whose winner you would face). It worked great.

I see no need to allow anyone outside of this draft (unless it was a panel of experts agreed to be draft GMs) any sway in determining the outcome.

Amen. Well-said. We all put too much work into these drafts to let people who think Cloutier is better than HOF goalies from the 60's, etc., vote. (Hope I'm not violating draft etiquette by mentioning Cloutier)

I think anybody that is knowledgeable, even if they didn't participate in the actual drafts, should be allowed to vote if they want, assuming they're "approved" by a majority of GMs in the draft.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
I'm still mildly confused about how winners/matchups are determined. If it is then opened to main board HF votes and such shouldn't Lidstrom go before Orr, etc...extreme example but just saying...wouldn't modern players have a greater effect on outcome as most on the main boards prob don't know who Sprague Cleghorn is. Just sayin.

Trust me, if I'm writing the playoffs again, everyone will know who Sprague Cleghorn is.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Amen. Well-said. We all put too much work into these drafts to let people who think Cloutier is better than HOF goalies from the 60's, etc., vote. (Hope I'm not violating draft etiquette by mentioning Cloutier)

I think anybody that is knowledgeable, even if they didn't participate in the actual drafts, should be allowed to vote if they want, assuming they're "approved" by a majority of GMs in the draft.

Anyone who selects Dan Cloutier should be banned from future drafts :teach:

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
A thought on the playoff setup.

How to get down to 16 teams. We could give the top team in each division a bye, and have the other 24 teams playoff. That would give us 16 teams for round 2.

Zetterberg4Captain*

How to get down to 16 teams. We could give the top team in each division a bye, and have the other 24 teams playoff. That would give us 16 teams for round 2.

That sounds good to me! :D

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion

Great idea. Winning the division should mean something.

How about timelines? The debate went way too long in the last draft. It took longer to decide a winner than to complete the draft. Give each round three or four days for debate/decision, instead of a week.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
For the record. If I'm expected to write 8+ playoff match-ups in one round, it will take a while. So, for early rounds we may have to go with straight up results and then write ups for later rounds.

Also, for the record, GBC was the President's trophy winner last time. Tied with BM67, but, more 1st place votes = tie breaker.

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton

How about........

The team that has the lowest average time in picking between rounds. That might speed things up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad