Speculation: All Things Pete DeBoer - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If this game isn't the last straw that gets Pete canned this season, nothing will happen before April 14.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
:laugh:

yea, lets make more excuses for this guy. you totally understand the sport better.

How is that an excuse?

I've stated my feelings on Pete numerous times to you, but once again you fail to comprehend what people say because you are so consumed with getting your gospel thoughts out. You woulda fit right in on the Groundhog Day cast.

The system is all about puck possession. We have no puck possession. Not sure what your issue is.

It's basic hockey stuff, guys not being able to complete passes or hold on to the puck as was being described has little, if nothing to do with a system. If guys can't make smart passes, keep giving the puck away, or can't hang on to it at all, it kind of is the players issue considering they kind of are in control of the puck. A system doesn't make decisions for them, a system tells guys where they should be in certain situations and how they should be setting up. The rest is execution and as displayed plenty, our players cannot do that. Has little to do with a system

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
In before

"They did show up, they show up every night. They're just a bad team and they suck."

Yeah because the Hurricanes are really good themselves.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Has there been any other coach who has had a longer leash than PDB? 60 wins in the last 201 games? Hes an atrocious coach at this point who has provided zero in terms of developing younger players and relies on veterans who produce nothing for him. Why does Peter Harrold play more mins than Gelinas and Larsson tonight?

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
okay there is no way he only has 60 wins in the last 201 games lol. They have 58 wins in the past 154 games. still terrible though.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
If this game isn't the last straw that gets Pete canned this season, nothing will happen before April 14.

I'm starting to think Lou is not willing to fire Deboer since it probably will change nothing in terms of winning, and then the heat will be squarely on him from the ownership group.

I don't think there's been a time in the last twenty years where Lou has been skating on thin ice in terms of his status as GM, no pun intended.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Pete already using the lack of forwards as an excuse.

Tough schedule also.

Guess he hasn't even bothered looking at the next four games on the schedule.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
3 goals scored in a 4 game home stand against the Senators, Lightning, Capitals, and Hurricanes. And going up against the Rangers(18-10-4, currently on a 7 game win streak), Penguins(22-6-5), Detroit(17-8-9), and Montreal(22-11-2).

Last edited:

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
What bothers me the most is the fact that he has not made any adjustments to the system or changed it despite it not working. He is like a stubborn kid with his decisions. There is literally little to no excuse for liking PDB. Despite the roster sucking.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
What bothers me the most is the fact that he has not made any adjustments to the system or changed it despite it not working. He is like a stubborn kid with his decisions. There is literally little to no excuse for liking PDB. Despite the roster sucking.

Keep throwing Harrold out there. It will work someday.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
My god I could hear violins playing in the background of the Pete presser. To actually thump your chest at the effort when you get outshot by DOUBLE against a bad team, either Pete's delusional or he really believes he's got a mid-level AHL team.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I'm going to quote these shootout stats from the other thread.

Ruutu: 37.5%
Gomez: 30.4%
Cammalleri: 26.7%
Zidlicky: 26.1%
Zajac: 23.1%
Jagr: 21.9%
Ryder: 15.8%
Henrique: 8.3%

Is Pete not aware of these stats or does he not care?

At this point, I think the shootout failure CAN be partially blamed on him. Additionally, refusing to open things up in OT when he knows the team sucks at the shootout.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey

At this point, I think the shootout failure CAN be partially blamed on him. Additionally, refusing to open things up in OT when he knows the team sucks at the shootout.

I was actually happy he went with Gomez and Cammy. And I was actually ready to compliment him on his choices.

But then he chose Henrique, and I literally screamed "WHY?!"

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

lol I honestly think Pete can't get anything out of his head but the two breakaway goals Henrique scored against Winnipeg his rookie year.

And yes Bleed's been beating that drum for a while and it's true...I think Pete just wants to stick his head in the sand like an ostrich and not acknowledge the shootout thing cause in his mind he thinks the shootout troubles will only get in their head more if he gets too aggressive in OT and it doesn't work. Like it's consciously acknowledging you want to win in OT cause you know winning a shootout is 10% at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad