All Things Jerseys - Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Do you have to drop the jersey off at Arena Wear, or can you mail it to them? I've heard good things about their work, but also didn't know about their cost/turnaround time.

I'm probably the only person thats ever been there lol, but they don't really welcome any walk-ins.

You can email them, tell them what you need done and they will give you a quote, and then ship the jersey to them.

They are the only place that does ALL of the team's jerseys, so you can't get more authentic than that.

LORENZO

Jan 1, 2014
Do you know if they do Connecticut Whale jerseys?

Was thinking of getting Kreider or Talbot done on mine.

gmerger37

Dec 2, 2010
North Jersey
What are you having done?

Two stadium series jerseys, one kreider one staal.

One of the jerseys I messed up trying to strip myself, the other I stripped myself turned out ok, so the one has some repair work needed that I told them I'd pay extra for if it could be done.

Shoulda practiced stripping the lettering on a crappier jersey first.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Two stadium series jerseys, one kreider one staal.

One of the jerseys I messed up trying to strip myself, the other I stripped myself turned out ok, so the one has some repair work needed that I told them I'd pay extra for if it could be done.

Shoulda practiced stripping the lettering on a crappier jersey first.

EDGE material is much harder to strip than the old heavy mesh jerseys of the 90's like the Richter jersey I posted above.

EPS does that very well, but like others have said...they take their time and have tons of other work to do.

Be sure to post them when they arrive. :yo:

gmerger37

Dec 2, 2010
North Jersey
EDGE material is much harder to strip than the old heavy mesh jerseys of the 90's like the Richter jersey I posted above.

EPS does that very well, but like others have said...they take their time and have tons of other work to do.

Be sure to post them when they arrive. :yo:

Yeah I think also the way the jerseys were glued were different (if that makes any sense). The one seemed like it used very cheap glue that barely stuck so it was super easy to get of. The other was basically crazy glue to the jersey so that made things difficult.

I really messed up the one jersey so I hope EPS can save it lol.

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
Have this for sale - 1996 World Cup Richter jersey. From my understanding there were three versions of this made: - Authentic, Replica, and Printed. Authentic meaning everything stitched on, etc. Printed ones had everything silk screened on, and replicas had the USA logo silk screened on and every other patch in place. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on this, but that's what I was told a long time ago. Size XL

I'm looking for $200 shipped OBO as these are pretty rare. Will meet you locally in Nassau County for $180 OR if you're going to be at the game TONIGHT I can bring this with me and I'll drop the price again if you're willing to take it off my hands in about 5 hours!

Don't want to sell this but really need the cash right now. Dry cleaned about a week ago (week ago)

B0k9PzyCIAA5aZe.jpg

B0k9PzpCQAAel1o.jpg

B0k9PznCcAAMp0V.jpg

Stunning jersey

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Any good Black Friday deals? And anyone know where to pick up a cheap premier blank? Looking for a white that I could hopefully snag for under $50 and then ship out to arena wear through the NHL Store. Some pop up on eBay sometimes but none in my size at the moment.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Any good Black Friday deals? And anyone know where to pick up a cheap premier blank? Looking for a white that I could hopefully snag for under $50 and then ship out to arena wear through the NHL Store. Some pop up on eBay sometimes but none in my size at the moment.

Anybody?

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012

NHL Store has some deals:

NHLSTORE_BlackFriday_EBLAST_V2.jpg

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
NHL Store has some deals:

NHLSTORE_BlackFriday_EBLAST_V2.jpg

Whoa, that 8-10 sale is interesting. I've gotta head into the city around that time too tomorrow. You know how much the blanks are there? And I hope they mean the free customization is them sending it out to get done and not the heat press in store.

IJ emailed me about $30 customization but I haven't noticed anywhere else with discounts

Just got that as well. They charge a ton for blanks so it's really not worth it.

AHB*

How does it work with Arena Wear? Can you purchase the jersey from them and then ask them to customize or do you have to purchase the jersey elsewhere and mail to them?

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Yup. My blue McDonagh from them is perfect but my white Brassard is very off. Numbers on sleeve look too big and the nameplate and name is way too small.
They arched the nameplate on a blue Staal I got from them way too much
How does it work with Arena Wear? Can you purchase the jersey from them and then ask them to customize or do you have to purchase the jersey elsewhere and mail to them?
They only do stitching so you have to provide them with the jersey

AHB*

They only do stitching so you have to provide them with the jersey

Possibly a couple dumb questions here, but just looking to get my new one done this year.

1) Do you have to provide them with a nameplate/lettering/etc?

2) Can you walk-in to the store, or do you need to call them prior and just mail them the jersey?

3) Where do you usually buy your blanks? I'm likely going with either the blue away or the heritage.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Possibly a couple dumb questions here, but just looking to get my new one done this year.

1) Do you have to provide them with a nameplate/lettering/etc?

2) Can you walk-in to the store, or do you need to call them prior and just mail them the jersey?

3) Where do you usually buy your blanks? I'm likely going with either the blue away or the heritage.
1) all you have to provide them with is what you want done, they har everything else

2) they say they don't allow walk ins and I've never tried (I've driven past their office a few times tho). Nevesis is the only person I've heard actually going in to them. You email them from their website with your request and they get back to you quickly if they're there.

3) I've been trying to refocus my collection away from replicas so I went from buying a jersey once a month to buying a single authentic in the past 6. Replicas are the easiest to snag blank though (sportsk, ice jerseys, cool hockey, river city sports, triple threat sports all have em) especially if you can frequent MSG, Cosby's, or the NHL store.

Of the places I listed, sportsk and river city are the two places I'd trust the most with customizing it for you. The rest, go with blanks IMO

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
1) all you have to provide them with is what you want done, they har everything else

2) they say they don't allow walk ins and I've never tried (I've driven past their office a few times tho). Nevesis is the only person I've heard actually going in to them. You email them from their website with your request and they get back to you quickly if they're there.

3) I've been trying to refocus my collection away from replicas so I went from buying a jersey once a month to buying a single authentic in the past 6. Replicas are the easiest to snag blank though (sportsk, ice jerseys, cool hockey, river city sports, triple threat sports all have em) especially if you can frequent MSG, Cosby's, or the NHL store.

Of the places I listed, sportsk and river city are the two places I'd trust the most with customizing it for you. The rest, go with blanks IMO

Yeah, I had them do my 94' Richter jersey which I posted a page or two back in this thread. At the time I had no idea they didn't enjoy walk-in's, but I had to speak with them about the jersey in person because I was giving them a computer file with a name, number for them to cut the twill from, and needed to give them specific instructions on what I wanted.

It's literally the two guys who run it, and one old, old man sewing, (looked in his 80's) and one hispanic woman sewing. That's it. Rangers jerseys everywhere, tons of official jerseys, nameplates, kits, old and new. Rolls and rolls of red/blue twill. It was pretty awesome.

They mentioned not to tell anyone to stop by, and if I need any further stuff, to just ship it and email about it. It's definitely odd, but being that they are so busy with team needs / NHL store I can understand they don't want fans coming in daily asking for random jersey requests. They are swamped as it is.

They took the time to talk hockey, and the Rangers a little which was cool of them, but I got the vibe that they are hunkered down in this large room just working all day and would rather not be bothered.

Either way, if you're looking to get a modern Rangers jersey customized like the on-ice product, no other place (EPS, Cosby's, etc) can compare to Arenawear.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Yeah, I had them do my 94' Richter jersey which I posted a page or two back in this thread. At the time I had no idea they didn't enjoy walk-in's, but I had to speak with them about the jersey in person because I was giving them a computer file with a name, number for them to cut the twill from, and needed to give them specific instructions on what I wanted.

It's literally the two guys who run it, and one old, old man sewing, (looked in his 80's) and one hispanic woman sewing. That's it. Rangers jerseys everywhere, tons of official jerseys, nameplates, kits, old and new. Rolls and rolls of red/blue twill. It was pretty awesome.

They mentioned not to tell anyone to stop by, and if I need any further stuff, to just ship it and email about it. It's definitely odd, but being that they are so busy with team needs / NHL store I can understand they don't want fans coming in daily asking for random jersey requests. They are swamped as it is.

They took the time to talk hockey, and the Rangers a little which was cool of them, but I got the vibe that they are hunkered down in this large room just working all day and would rather not be bothered.

Either way, if you're looking to get a modern Rangers jersey customized like the on-ice product, no other place (EPS, Cosby's, etc) can compare to Arenawear.
To add to your last thought, if you're getting a jersey from the 90's done, bring it to Cosby's seeing as they were the team's official customizer back then. Arena Wear does a good job on them but if you're a stickler for authenticity...

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
To add to your last thought, if you're getting a jersey from the 90's done, bring it to Cosby's seeing as they were the team's official customizer back then. Arena Wear does a good job on them but if you're a stickler for authenticity...

Important point that you bring up. The issue is I've seen multiple 90's era jerseys done by Cosby's recently, and there were many differences from the actual letters/numbers they made in the 90's.

I am stickler for perfection, so once I made the decision not to go to Cosbys, I referenced (close to 50 photos) of Richter's jersey, and with a few high-res images, I stenciled out the exactly lettering, and numbers in adobe illustrator and made my own vector file to give to arena wear. I gave them the disc, they printed the twill, and sewed everything on.

Call me a control freak, but I had to ensure it would be as close to the jersey he wore back then. I could go in further small detail about specific parts of the arm numbers, letter spacing but I risk looking insane to most normal people who would never notice such things. :laugh:

Came out perfect tho!

sPHLqEJ.jpg

IZhHpFD.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad