All Things Jerseys - Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr151/nwarickyo/Mobile%20Uploads/20140420_121634_zpsf0e42d08.jpg
2014042095115354_zps5e41dee6.jpg
20140420_115422_zpsd7ffc318.jpg
2014042095115501_zps411e4423.jpg
20140420_115319_zpsc6beff08.jpg

2014042095115354_zps5e41dee6.jpg

Puck 50.oo plus s/h

Photos 8 x 10 are 50.00 11x14 are 75.00

Jerseys are $ 200.00

highandwide

It's gold Jerry.
Nov 28, 2011
NYC
That being said, maybe I'm being slightly over-emphatic, but I still think it's really "geeky" and/or arrogant to get your own name sewn on a jersey of a team which you never played for.

I may come off as an *******, but I chuckle/eye-roll a little at people who get their own name and number the same way I chuckle at people who get "DEVILS SUCK - 94" on their jersey. I just think it's a waste. I think it also doesn't help that when meeting those fans, they seem kinda ****** (not generalizing ALL fans, just stating my experiences).

I understand not wanting to invest in a player. I will never buy a player jersey unless it's warranted (someone from 94, someone who broke records, Lundqvist), in a way, kind've paying honor and respect. I only buy blanks - maybe I'm boring, maybe I saw my sister's mistake of buying a Dubi jersey before he was traded, who knows.

Not sure if other fans care or not, but just my two cents.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I'm in the same boat. Getting your own name on a jersey or an ISLES SUCK 69 jersey is just awful, especially the latter though both are terrible. I mean it's your money at the end of the day but I'd never spend $150+ on either.

WVULax22

Apr 8, 2014
I'm in the same boat. Getting your own name on a jersey or an ISLES SUCK 69 jersey is just awful, especially the latter though both are terrible. I mean it's your money at the end of the day but I'd never spend $150+ on either.

Went to a Devils game a few weeks ago with my girlfriend (she's a diehard Devils fan). I saw a girl wearing a Devils jersey with "Flyers Swallow" on the back, #69. The entire time she was trying to start a "F@#$ the Rangers" chant, and they were playing the Coyotes.

Classy, NJ. Classy.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
No offense to anyone who offered an opinion, but who the **** cares what "jersey snobs" think? Get a Chinese knock off with faulty lettering and stripes with your name on the back. That way everyone wins. You get an affordable jersey customized how you want it, and they get to do their favorite thing- criticize others for doing what makes them happy.

highandwide

It's gold Jerry.
Nov 28, 2011
NYC
Get a Chinese knock off with faulty lettering and stripes with your name on the back. That way everyone wins. You get an affordable jersey customized how you want it, and they get to do their favorite thing- criticize others for doing what makes them happy.

yes, there is nothing that irks me more than the chinese knockoff WCs :laugh::laugh:
Rangers%2019%20Richards%20Cream%202012%20Winter%20Classic%20%20Patch%20Jerseys.jpg

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I agree blanks are the way to go, but at the end of the day who gives a **** what someone wants to put on their jersey?

If someone was giving me **** I'd tell them to give me $250.00 and I'll put whatever name they want on it.

I want to get one now that says, "Are you mad?" :laugh:

phillyb

Jan 21, 2014
i just got a scott gomez jersey from a friend. he had it for a couple of years and never even took the tags off of it.
it's legit too - fight strap and all.
it's much nicer than my ccm blank and my zuccarello stadium series jersey, but i can't see myself wearing it to the garden.

i did wear it to a caps/hawks game though. lol

AHB*

I may come off as an *******, but I chuckle/eye-roll a little at people who get their own name and number the same way I chuckle at people who get "DEVILS SUCK - 94" on their jersey. I just think it's a waste. I think it also doesn't help that when meeting those fans, they seem kinda ****** (not generalizing ALL fans, just stating my experiences).

I understand not wanting to invest in a player. I will never buy a player jersey unless it's warranted (someone from 94, someone who broke records, Lundqvist), in a way, kind've paying honor and respect. I only buy blanks - maybe I'm boring, maybe I saw my sister's mistake of buying a Dubi jersey before he was traded, who knows.

Not sure if other fans care or not, but just my two cents.

When players go I just buy a new one. I usually buy a new one yearly as is anyway because I like having a collection. I've made some bad choices (Cally last year, Avery, etc.). I have a Gaborik olympic jersey even. This year, I got a McD USA one, which I'll only wear through the end of the year. I know not everyone has this option and it's (thankfully) a luxury I can afford. I love looking back and seeing my jerseys from years ago that I used to rock with pride. Next year I'm going to get Brass, Zucc or Pouliot, depending on if we re-up them.

That being said, I completely agree with the names, obviously, but I find it even worse to get something relative to another team (I.E. Isles Suck/Devil's suck, etc.). Worry about your own team. While I hate teams because of our rivalries, it just seems immature to get something like that done. I also think it says a lot about someone as a person to wear expletives like that in public. Sure we're entitled to do what we want, but I'm also entitled to laugh at people who do things like that. It's embarrassing.

But yea, again, not to act like some sort of elitist, but most people I know think people who get their own names sewn on a jersey they never played for is just not "cool."

That being said, if you have a last name in common with a player, I'd totally get that. Like Richards or something. Unfortunately, I have a really unique last name, so that won't never happen. :laugh:

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
So, I've got my white jersey, and went with Brassard. Still need to update the blue one, as I've been rocking Prucha for FAR too long.

Should I go with Zucc or McD? When I play I tend to be a playmaking winger, so that makes me want to go with Zucc. But McD is a monster, signed long term, and will probably be wearing the C. Decisions...

JoeBoo

Aug 6, 2012
North Jersey
So I have a personalized jersey myself and just want to say some things.

There was a deal at the Garden a few years back (2007) where you could get 50% off jerseys if you brought in your old ones. Well, I had quite a few ones from when I was a kid, literally a few youth smalls. So I took my sisters to a game and we all got jerseys, from what I recall came out to $50 bucks or so a pop including a season-ticket membership discount from a friend. They got Dubi, Callahan, Avery and I decided to get myself one with my nickname as I already had a Lundqvist. This was after I told all of them to get Lundqvist, yet they didn't.

We all went to a game a few weeks ago, none of them wore their jerseys but I had mine, and they all said, "Yeah we should have listened." Do I think I'm "cool" with my personalized jersey, no. I feel as though it is better to represent the team on the front of jersey, rather than whomever is on the back of it.

I don't think that my nickname on the back of the jersey is such a big deal as it is made out to be. Some people buy jerseys for collections, some buy blanks because they don't want to waste $ on a player's name, other don't even bother buying jerseys. As long as we are all supporting the same team, it shouldn't matter regardless of what you are paying or not paying for.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Need diapers and formula more than jerseys nowadays…not want, need.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321391185210...84.m1555.l2649
John Vanbiesbrouck Lot New York Rangers Florida Panthers Jersey CCM Stitched NHL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221427032902...84.m1555.l2649
Authentic Center Ice Florida Panthers Jersey Fight Strap Koho Lot CCM Stitched

Will be posting more shortly, not just hockey coming!

Posted a few more, still more to come, here's my seller's page:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ccgoalie27/...e=STRK:MESELX:IT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

LORENZO

Jan 1, 2014
Sent my jersey off to arenawear for customisation.

Fake $10 for anyone who can guess who I'm getting?

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
So I have a personalized jersey myself and just want to say some things.

There was a deal at the Garden a few years back (2007) where you could get 50% off jerseys if you brought in your old ones. Well, I had quite a few ones from when I was a kid, literally a few youth smalls. So I took my sisters to a game and we all got jerseys, from what I recall came out to $50 bucks or so a pop including a season-ticket membership discount from a friend. They got Dubi, Callahan, Avery and I decided to get myself one with my nickname as I already had a Lundqvist. This was after I told all of them to get Lundqvist, yet they didn't.

We all went to a game a few weeks ago, none of them wore their jerseys but I had mine, and they all said, "Yeah we should have listened." Do I think I'm "cool" with my personalized jersey, no. I feel as though it is better to represent the team on the front of jersey, rather than whomever is on the back of it.

I don't think that my nickname on the back of the jersey is such a big deal as it is made out to be. Some people buy jerseys for collections, some buy blanks because they don't want to waste $ on a player's name, other don't even bother buying jerseys. As long as we are all supporting the same team, it shouldn't matter regardless of what you are paying or not paying for.

Agreed 100%, I have a blank and I want to see if I should get that with my last name on it. I support the Rangers and having my name on the back is only to call out the fact that I am a fan that is part of the Rangers family.

We will see though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad