All Things Charlotte Checkers II: The Wrath of Boychuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I couldn't give two ***** if they lose every game, as long as they continue to develop players the right way.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I couldn't give two ***** if they lose every game, as long as they continue to develop players the right way.

I do. Part of developing players the "right way" is teaching them how to play in a winning culture. That's the last you want a prospect to do is accept that losing is acceptable.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I do. Part of developing players the "right way" is teaching them how to play in a winning culture. That's the last you want a prospect to do is accept that losing is acceptable.

Nobody thinks losing is acceptable. Part of developing players the "right way" is teaching them that there will be losing streaks/slumps and they need to figure out ways to get out of a slump. It isn't the first time they'll experience something like this, and won't be the last.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Nobody thinks losing is acceptable. Part of developing players the "right way" is teaching them that there will be losing streaks/slumps and they need to figure out ways to get out of a slump. It isn't the first time they'll experience something like this, and won't be the last.
As somebody who goes to and watches their games regularly, I definitely care about them winning...or at the very least playing their hearts out every game. If they play hard and lose, hey, it happens...nobody expects them to win every game. That being said, after getting points in 17 of 18 games, they've looked like a BAD ECHL team on this 10 game skid. The difference is night and day, nobody knows what happened. This was the first time in about 3 seasons they were a fun and exciting team, even during some loses, now they're inexplicably back to the same old crap somehow.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
As somebody who goes to and watches their games regularly, I definitely care about them winning...or at the very least playing their hearts out every game. If they play hard and lose, hey, it happens...nobody expects them to win every game. That being said, after getting points in 17 of 18 games, they've looked like a BAD ECHL team on this 10 game skid. The difference is night and day, nobody knows what happened. This was the first time in about 3 seasons they were a fun and exciting team, even during some loses, now they're inexplicably back to the same old crap somehow.

Great, You want to see them winning and I have issue with that. That's different than your previous statement that winning at the AHL level is critical to their development by developing a "winning culture".

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Great, You want to see them winning and I have issue with that. That's different than your previous statement that winning at the AHL level is critical to their development by developing a "winning culture".

Ummm...are you perhaps referring to Candy canes statement before that? I said nothing about "winning culture", just threw in my thoughts about wanting the team I watch regularly to win.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Ummm...are you perhaps referring to Candy canes statement before that? I said nothing about "winning culture", just threw in my thoughts about wanting the team I watch regularly to win.

Sorry, yes I mistakenly attributed that to you. My apologies.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
How has Biega looked this year? I thought he was on his way to sticking in the NHL after last year but spots have closed up with the emergence of Slavin and Pesce; his AHL numbers are looking pretty marginal too.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Welll, after the 17 of 18 game point streak, the team has won 2 of it's previous 17...both by 1 goal I believe, and includes losses to Manitoba and Iowa. They can put up 30+ shots per game, but rarely dangerous or generating true scoring chances, always shooting the puck to the goalies chest (sound familiar?). Maybe this will give them an offensive spark to sneak back into the playoffs

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Welll, after the 17 of 18 game point streak, the team has won 2 of it's previous 17...both by 1 goal I believe, and includes losses to Manitoba and Iowa. They can put up 30+ shots per game, but rarely dangerous or generating true scoring chances, always shooting the puck to the goalies chest (sound familiar?). Maybe this will give them an offensive spark to sneak back into the playoffs

It's about time they started running the same systems in Charlotte and Raleigh.

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
So the guy we got from Bakersfield isn't really part of the Canes organization is how I read that trade. Is that correct? Like if he gets called up he goes to Edmonton and not to Carolina?

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Looks like Rissanen will be playing in KHL with Jokerit Helsinki next year.

Can you give some report about him? still physical? and a cross-checking machine? :D

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Probably still team leader in cross checking penalties
Sounds about right, he's been very undisciplined this year. Pretty much invisible except for stupid penalties, though not as awful as Jordan was for the Checkers last year (how he got a call-up I have no idea).

It's official though, Checkers are now on a winning streak! 2 games! :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad