GDT: All things Baseball

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I will always wonder why owners/GMs watch these really old managers who regularly go against very dependable stat driven trends and it inevitably goes wrong. I guess as long as they manage a roster that can win 95 despite them, they will stick around.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
I appreciate the Dbacks for beating Philly and all but like last year with Philly, they didn’t belong in the finals and it showed. As soon as the magic runs out, they go back to being a mediocre team that makes for a boring finals.

Its like when the seeds 7-16 make it to the elite 8 or later. The clock hits midnight and a much better team gets a free pass to a later round

Reactions: WreckingCrew

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
That was a very Canes-like game...D-Backs dominated the first 6 innings, lots of guys on base (scoring opportunity), but couldn't get any runs (shot to the goalie chest instead of open net), and had a no-hitter going (limit other teams shots). But a little bit of ball-luck, cashing in that one opportunity, and all of a sudden Texas has a lead (one-high danger scoring chance = goal against). Then, with the game still very much in reach, in the last minute of the game, the team totally implodes and the opponent cashes in (giving up 2 ENGs when only down 1-0), and it turns into a minor blowout.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Texas Rangers are 3 outs away

Edit: Texas is officially a baseball state

Isn't Houston in Texas? :sarcasm:

I appreciate the Dbacks for beating Philly and all but like last year with Philly, they didn’t belong in the finals and it showed. As soon as the magic runs out, they go back to being a mediocre team that makes for a boring finals.

Its like when the seeds 7-16 make it to the elite 8 or later. The clock hits midnight and a much better team gets a free pass to a later round

The number 8 seeded 1985 Villanova team says "hold my beer". That tourney alone more then makes up for all the Cinderellas turning into pumpkins before and after combined. That final was the Chef's Kiss of Chef's Kisses!

Last edited:

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
That was a very Canes-like game...D-Backs dominated the first 6 innings, lots of guys on base (scoring opportunity), but couldn't get any runs (shot to the goalie chest instead of open net), and had a no-hitter going (limit other teams shots). But a little bit of ball-luck, cashing in that one opportunity, and all of a sudden Texas has a lead (one-high danger scoring chance = goal against). Then, with the game still very much in reach, in the last minute of the game, the team totally implodes and the opponent cashes in (giving up 2 ENGs when only down 1-0), and it turns into a minor blowout.
Yeah that's got to be tough for the D-Backs pitcher. Takes a no hitter into the 7th and ends up as the losing pitcher of record in the WS clinching game...

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Isn't Houston in Texas? :sarcasm:

The number 8 seeded 1985 Villanova team says "hold my beer". That tourney alone more then makes up for all the Cinderellas turning into pumpkins before and after combined. That final was the Chef's Kiss of Chef's Kisses!
Lower seeds that go all the way are fun. It’s when their magic runs out, they don’t have the talent to keep games competitive

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00