All Things AHL Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
It didn't get noted here, but Justin Selman was recalled from the Mavericks on Tuesday. He had been down there for 4 weeks, in which he played 9 games and registered 1 goal, 1 assist, and 2 PIMs.

Interesting that the Wolves called up Selman and not Bleackley, who has by all accounts been much better offensively. One possible explanation is that Selman is being called on to play a more bottom-line role, which he may be better suited than Bleackley right now. Another explanation is that the called up player was going to sit, and Bleackley is better served getting positive minutes in Kansas City than riding pine in Chicago.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Seems like the Blues will need a d-man on Sunday - maybe Chris Butler heading on up?

Looks like it's Lindbohm. Don't get why people say he's regressed. He just doesn't have the same upside as Dunn or Walman do. Still think he can be a solid third pairing defenseman in the NHL.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Looks like it's Lindbohm. Don't get why people say he's regressed. He just doesn't have the same upside as Dunn or Walman do. Still think he can be a solid third pairing defenseman in the NHL.

Neither Dunn or Walman are ready imo. Lindbohm can slot in that bottom parring role just fine.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Code:
Edmundson - Pietro
Jbo - Parayko
Lindbohm - Schmaltz

I would dig those pairs. :bb:

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

Its mostly just as in inside joke to tweak Ranksu. "regression" gets parroted a lot around here.

But I do think his chances to catch on with the Blues full-time are shrinking.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Its mostly just as in inside joke to tweak Ranksu. "regression" gets parroted a lot around here.

Bolded: you are right. I think he'll stay call-up AHL'er rest of his career and some point he go to KHL or some other europe league. Blues d-core debt is so deep so hard to crack on on regular basis.

But I don't lose my hope on Lindbohm, I see him being capable play NHL level 3rd pair shutdown dmen if his pair has some puck moving dmen. And we've another guy coming Mikkola + Sergeev is my wild card which I really like.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Husso now has a .920 SV% and 2.34 GAA in 18 games with the Wolves

Those numbers are very impressive for a rookie goaltender, but it also just goes to show how fickle goalie stats can be. That shutout yesterday raised him up like 7 hundredths of a percent or something like that on his save percentage. Not to take anything away from him, he's been very good, but 20 games just isn't a very good sample size (which also isn't his fault). The thing to take away from it is that he seems to be getting better as the year goes along.

Also, so I don't have to double post here: very happy that Thompson got on the scoresheet tonight. Hopefully that puts the pro jitters on ice and the floodgates will open for him into the last week and the playoffs. Also saw some very encouraging things being said about Walman tonight

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Those numbers are very impressive for a rookie goaltender, but it also just goes to show how fickle goalie stats can be. That shutout yesterday raised him up like 7 hundredths of a percent or something like that on his save percentage. Not to take anything away from him, he's been very good, but 20 games just isn't a very good sample size (which also isn't his fault). The thing to take away from it is that he seems to be getting better as the year goes along.

Also, so I don't have to double post here: very happy that Thompson got on the scoresheet tonight. Hopefully that puts the pro jitters on ice and the floodgates will open for him into the last week and the playoffs. Also saw some very encouraging things being said about Walman tonight

You need to remember Husso'd first games in AHL were pretty damn bad ~80% and ~5.0 GAA before he was send to beer league. So grind back those numbers in good level is more impressive.
If we wanna look his stats, we should
view those games stats when he was bringed back to AHL from beer league.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006

He has regressed. He hasn't played like he had during his good stint with the Blues this year. Other AHL players have jumped ahead of him on the depth chart as well.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I think it's pretty safe to say that Lindbohm is probably with the Blues if we don't have one of Edmundson or Gunnarsson. He's good enough as a bottom-pairing LHD.

Others like Schmaltz, Dunn, etc. just have a way higher ceiling. And unfortunately for Lindy he couldn't beat out Edmundson, so he's in the AHL. I don't think he's there because he deserves it necessarily.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Not sure if anyone else caught the Wolves game last night but I thought Jake Walman played just fine. Played pretty conservative the first two periods making sure he wasn't caught out of position. But the final 20 you could tell he felt way more comfortable and started joining the rush. Solid first game for him.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Not sure if anyone else caught the Wolves game last night but I thought Jake Walman played just fine. Played pretty conservative the first two periods making sure he wasn't caught out of position. But the final 20 you could tell he felt way more comfortable and started joining the rush. Solid first game for him.

Only saw the highlights so not much of Jake in there but the goal by Tage was pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad