Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Hillman, would've wished him luck elsewhere. Better contract spot option from Europe/elsewhere. Totally underwhelming from my POV
what?

he isn't expected to jump right in, he isn't expected to do much to be honest...he was a roll of the dice in the 6th round, just having this kid sign is a success for the Hawks and Hillman.

nobody here is expecting a lot from this kid, but he took on a role for Denver for 3 years - the shut down rock steady role...his offense never came out and maybe he has more in the tank, who knows...but what he does offer is smart positioning, solid skating, solid shot, a very good PKer, and a great leader and soldier...yeah, why the f*** would we want any of that??? come on now...

Reactions: wladyslaw

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
what?

he isn't expected to jump right in, he isn't expected to do much to be honest...he was a roll of the dice in the 6th round, just having this kid sign is a success for the Hawks and Hillman.

nobody here is expecting a lot from this kid, but he took on a role for Denver for 3 years - the shut down rock steady role...his offense never came out and maybe he has more in the tank, who knows...but what he does offer is smart positioning, solid skating, solid shot, a very good PKer, and a great leader and soldier...yeah, why the **** would we want any of that??? come on now...
that is one way to look at this.

for me, he is at best a 50/50 chance of making it to the big league. i am not disappointed with this, b/c SB has hit for a successful ratio on his draft picks. so i have hope for him to making it.

however he will need some learning curve for him to make it. i would be extremely happy if he make that jump.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
what?

nobody here is expecting a lot from this kid, but he took on a role for Denver for 3 years - the shut down rock steady role...his offense never came out and maybe he has more in the tank, who knows...but what he does offer is smart positioning, solid skating, solid shot, a very good PKer, and a great leader and soldier...yeah, why the **** would we want any of that??? come on now...

Agreed... Hillman is a way better/cheaper option than the pile of Shit-show On D right now... take him all day over 7 (cap $$$/speed), 82, 56 Brain cramps, and Murphy ( SB's added speed???) ...

To Add- Q loved Hillman at Prospect Camp... Q sees the Hockey sense/positioning/etc... comes from winning program... that plays with a ton of speed

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Agreed... Hillman is a way better/cheaper option than the pile of ****-show On D right now... take him all day over 7 (cap $$$/speed), 82, 56 Brain cramps, and Murphy ( SB's added speed???) ...

To Add- Q loved Hillman at Prospect Camp... Q sees the Hockey sense/positioning/etc... comes from winning program... that plays with a ton of speed

Then I'm not high on him. :laugh:

Reactions: AmericanDream

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I know, but Q's constant overuse of him was maddening, you have to admit that when he was skating on one damn league most nights..I also said it just as a joke for the rise Rozi's name still gets in his last year here.
It was, but it's not a bad thing when Q likes a young Dman. It's more concerning if he doesn't like him, because you know that player won't be an NHLer more times than not.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It was, but it's not a bad thing when Q likes a young Dman. It's more concerning if he doesn't like him, because you know that player won't be an NHLer more times than not.

I wasn't saying it that way as if Q liking him is a bad thing - I have my issues with Q, not all out hate like some have towards our GM. If Q likes him, that makes me happy because he is the coach and plays these kids - I want to see what Hillman can do if given a chance. Rozi was a good soldier, I gave him a lot of shit towards the end because he was used too much then he should have been...not his fault at all...that is on Q and our lack of defensemen we had ready to step in

dougd

Jul 20, 2002
fortmcmurray ab can
Hillman again, if he can become a 5/6 or a complimentary partner, to the glut of PM d guys coming, qudos to SB and you proponents.
Hope he/you prove me wrong but just didn't see the potential the times zit watched him which admit were only a few.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Hillman again, if he can become a 5/6 or a complimentary partner, to the glut of PM d guys coming, qudos to SB and you proponents.
Hope he/you prove me wrong but just didn't see the potential the times zit watched him which admit were only a few.
anything from round 5 on that signs is a free lotto ticket for me - whatever he does from this point forward is pure gravy

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
what?

Gee...aside from roster position, this kind of sounds like what Hjalmarsson was for the Hawks. Nobody would have predicted Hammer as a 2d when he first arrived, even up through year three or so. Just a solid shut down dman.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Neat, missed that you had started up a blog (though I know you mentioned planning on writing one). I'll save that and check your stuff out later.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Gee...aside from roster position, this kind of sounds like what Hjalmarsson was for the Hawks. Nobody would have predicted Hammer as a 2d when he first arrived, even up through year three or so. Just a solid shut down dman.

Attended practice today…
Sikura – Has a great/accurate one timer!!! acceleration is great…
Kid is paper thin…
Hillman- I thought he was fantastic in his gaps and shadowing players in many of the drills…
Delia- was solid… saw Delia sat. nite in Rockford… He made a few 10 BELL saves in that game.
As good and accurate as Sikura was in shooting drills… Saad was — SAD!!!!
Hino- was flying… really love Hino… I hope Rumors of landing that German speed demon come true… seems like a guy who could play well with Hino or Sikura if he is as fast/good as reported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad