Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

All blacks

Dec 18, 2017
Ah! So forsling's a bust now?? Got it. Darn I just hate that D hockey players peak at 21 now
I seen Carlsson play twice last year,I really like the way he handles himself with and without the puck.He could be a no.4or 3 with the Hawks in a couple of years.To me,he has the ability to become a very good defencemen for the Hawks future.

Reactions: migi

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
I am not sure why you think I thought you were disagreeing with me? I understood what you said, I wasn't trying to prove you wrong or anything like that...

Just made the stats comment because Gaudette likely wins, I agree with you as well, but he shouldn't...and if there are other posters who might want to know why I think that, just stated Donato's stats which are very impressive.

I wasn't arguing with anyone lol!! All good, sometimes on here things might not look like they should..

Ooh I'll chime in and argue with you! I think Gaudette should win this one, his outstanding defensive play takes the cake. Played more than a few games without Sikura and Stevens with him and was fine.

Though almost contrarily I think Sikura was more a motor for his success than the populous thinks. It's easier to score when you're being fed impossible passes in the slow slot.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Ooh I'll chime in and argue with you! I think Gaudette should win this one, his outstanding defensive play takes the cake. Played more than a few games without Sikura and Stevens with him and was fine.

Though almost contrarily I think Sikura was more a motor for his success than the populous thinks. It's easier to score when you're being fed impossible passes in the slow slot.

well NU Hockey with a Canuck Avatar - yeah I can see the objectivity you have here..lol!!

I am not trying to diminish anything Gaudette did, I just think people simply do not know enough of what Donato has done this year and on a far less talented team. Gaudette is playing with other players who are/will be NHLers...Donato has been a one man show outside of Adam Fox on defense.

I will take the guy Donato, who was 14 points ahead of his closest teammate in points, scoring near a goal per game, while playing elite defense as well.

And this has nothing to do with it, but further proved it for me watching both in the NHL so far, one makes shit happen (Donato) and the other seems to need others to help create that offense for him. Gaudette will be a real good NHLer IMO and should be a top 5 Calder candidate next year, but I have always had this fear with him whereas Donato just shows up and produces whatever line he is on and whatever team he plays for.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Future Blackhawk Quinn Hughes (if he gets past Detroit).
if the Wings do pick him, pretty crazy to go from USNDP (home ice in Michigan-ann arbor now plymouth) to University of Michigan to Detroit Red Wings- plus playing some youth hockey in Michigan as well...seems meant to be I guess, and Brian Rafalski did play there a guy he gets compared to as well..

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I know Forsling has been out since March 3rd. It has been said in some Coliton interviews he is soon to return but I don't know how he was playing, he seemed to be bouncing around in the lineup with different pairs.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
if the Wings do pick him, pretty crazy to go from USNDP (home ice in Michigan-ann arbor now plymouth) to University of Michigan to Detroit Red Wings- plus playing some youth hockey in Michigan as well...seems meant to be I guess, and Brian Rafalski did play there a guy he gets compared to as well..

That's the Dylan Larkin Special.

Reactions: AmericanDream

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Dennis Gilbert no points...-2 ...0 Shots...

Quinn Hughes ...no points ...1 shot...+1
Not exactly making us drool about either of them (our drafter Gilbert ...our potential drafter Hugh who I hope Stan does not draft.cause we do not need another small PMD type who is not really a big goal scorer from the point .

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Dennis Gilbert no points...-2 ...0 Shots...

Quinn Hughes ...no points ...1 shot...+1
Not exactly making us drool about either of them (our drafter Gilbert ...our potential drafter Hugh who I hope Stan does not draft.cause we do not need another small PMD type who is not really a big goal scorer from the point .

One game hot take...

You dismiss a high-end PMD but then jerk off to size like it is 1990.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
One game hot take...

You dismiss a high-end PMD but then jerk off to size like it is 1990.

But he has a point. Stan seems to keep trying to steal another Ryan Ellis type and to date, it hasn't worked out very well. He'll probably keep trying though.... choosing smaller softies that other teams pass on.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
But he has a point. Stan seems to keep trying to steal another Ryan Ellis type and to date, it hasn't worked out very well. He'll probably keep trying though.... choosing smaller softies that other teams pass on.
well, can't really say one way or another as most of them haven't turned pro yet- Mitchell, Jokiharju, Krys, etc..I am pretty confident 1 or 2 of these kids are going to be pretty significant contributors here in the next 2 years.

Reactions: BK

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

He doesn't really have a point. Drafting for size over skill in a league that is quickly moving away from that is asinine. Obviously if two players of the same skill level and make up have different size you take the bigger player but that is not what we are talking about. Hughes has a ridiculous amount of skill. Drafting for size gets you Kyle Turris over Kane. 50 called Mitchell and HJ smurfs which is factually incorrect.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He doesn't really have a point. Drafting for size over skill in a league that is quickly moving away from that is asinine. Obviously if two players of the same skill level and make up have different size you take the bigger player but that is not what we are talking about. Hughes has a ridiculous amount of skill. Drafting for size gets you Kyle Turris over Kane. 50 called Mitchell and HJ smurfs which is factually incorrect.

Skill for a dman goes beyond finesse and moving the puck. It takes skill to defend as well, and helps when a player has the physicality to pull it off. It just ain't so pretty. Hawks could certainly use less of Gus and Oesterle and more of Manson's son.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Skill for a dman goes beyond finesse and moving the puck. It takes skill to defend as well, and helps when a player has the physicality to pull it off. It just ain't so pretty. Hawks could certainly use less of Gus and Oesterle and more of Manson's son.

Obviously but that is not what 50 is obsessing over. He has a hard on for size and would take it over skill. Like I said before, taking a D because he is big and physical over a high-skilled PMD early in the draft would be stupid (for a lack of a better term). Players that are both go top 3.

Manson's kid was a 6th round pick, right? He played 4 years of college then a year or two in the minors. Top 10 picks don't and shouldn't take that long to develop.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Obviously but that is not what 50 is obsessing over. He has a hard on for size and would take it over skill. Like I said before, taking a D because he is big and physical over a high-skilled PMD early in the draft would be stupid (for a lack of a better term). Players that are both go top 3.

Manson's kid was a 6th round pick, right? He played 4 years of college then a year or two in the minors. Top 10 picks don't and shouldn't take that long to develop.

But the point I'm making is that Stan would choose a little PMD ahead of Manson (every time) and Hawks current defense reflects the consequences of that mentality.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
The only non keith seabs drafted D on the current roster is a player that isby that. And the drafted D that played the most in the NHL this year isn't that with Dahlstrom either.

And Dahlstrom wasn't just a 6th flyer pick which Hillman was. He was a 2nd as was Johns. Plus Gilbert & Michael Paliotta (who amounted to just as little as plenty small pmd) were 3rd founders with size and more Dzone focused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad