Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Tim Söderlund has scored nice goals two consecutive games in the SHL playoff quarter finals.
Tims goals can be found in the highlight videos from the games on these webpages respectively, a bit down on the page.

Söderlund (white #9) goal at 0:39 into the video
Tredje raka segern - matchboll Skellefteå

Söderlund (black #9) goalt at 0:56 into the video
Storseger för Skellefteå - utökade i matchserien

thanks for clips

I watched him at Prospect Camp... Sikura/Mitchell/Soderlund were the guys who impressed me most ( D-Cat in scrimmages too, drills not so much)

Just watched 3rd Period/and OT -- Gilbert ND game....
Gilbert was terrible in that stretch... caught flat footed several times... and looked TIRED!!! Very underwhelmed...

I have much higher expectations for the Sikura/Barratt game this afternoon... I like both of them a lot...

Hope they play well

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
thanks for clips

I watched him at Prospect Camp... Sikura/Mitchell/Soderlund were the guys who impressed me most ( D-Cat in scrimmages too, drills not so much)

Just watched 3rd Period/and OT -- Gilbert ND game....
Gilbert was terrible in that stretch... caught flat footed several times... and looked TIRED!!! Very underwhelmed...

I have much higher expectations for the Sikura/Barratt game this afternoon... I like both of them a lot...

Hope they play well
many thanks for these little snippets of info ..... keep em coming ..... :popcorn: :thumbu: :cool:

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Beau Starrett and Big Red face off against Chad Krys (and Brady Tkachuk) and BU at noon

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Tim Söderlund has scored nice goals two consecutive games in the SHL playoff quarter finals.
Tims goals can be found in the highlight videos from the games on these webpages respectively, a bit down on the page.

Söderlund (white #9) goal at 0:39 into the video
Tredje raka segern - matchboll Skellefteå

Söderlund (black #9) goalt at 0:56 into the video
Storseger för Skellefteå - utökade i matchserien
Thanks for these. Took a few seconds for me to figure out how to navigate the page, but got to see both goals. Kid has some wheels.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Krys is a speed demon out there. True, he gets pretty aggressive in the offensive zone at times, but he's only a few strides away from rejoining the play. He should probably turn pro after the tournament.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Source says Sikura will play against Jets if Northeastern falls today or tomorrow. Good sign for him to sign with us!!

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
2 assists so far for Mitchell as Denver is making short work of PSU

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I thought Gilbert looked solid so far against Providence. some very timely pinches, had a few big hits as well..he is steady out there..he might get beat from time to time, but that can be adjusted...I like this kid a lot as well

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I also think Mitchell turns pro after the year ends for Denver. They are losing so much of their top talent this year- Terry, Gambrell, and Hillman likely jumping pro - and possibly Borgstrom as well...I doubt Mitchell wants to stick with a rebuild especially if they win in the Frozen Four

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I also think Mitchell turns pro after the year ends for Denver. They are losing so much of their top talent this year- Terry, Gambrell, and Hillman likely jumping pro - and possibly Borgstrom as well...I doubt Mitchell wants to stick with a rebuild especially if they win in the Frozen Four
Is he eligible for the AHL next season? I can never remember the cutoff date for being able to play in that league.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
yes, he was drafted out of the BCHL/AJHL which is the same as the USHL - Mitchell can turn pro next year and play in the AHL
Awesome to hear, thanks.

The way he's progressing is nothing short of remarkable. Kid has a lot of skills and to think he's only a couple years away from the big club...

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Awesome to hear, thanks.

The way he's progressing is nothing short of remarkable. Kid has a lot of skills and to think he's only a couple years away from the big club...
I am just going with my gut, this team is going to lose most of their top players to the pro ranks...Mitchell might want to make the jump with his dman partner Hillamn and sign as well...why stick another year for a rebuild, especially making it to the Final Four the year prior when you can turn pro??

Reactions: CallMeShaft

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Ok- here it is...

went to Hogs last nite...
The Edje- imo- best forward on ice for Hogs.
Very soft hands/catches and receives passes in stride (seems to be a big issue for Hawks this year)...
Nearly walked around a few guys in 1st... but they either got a small piece of his shot (officially only 1 shot... but several partial blocks and couple missed net....
Set up a grade A one timer ...
Heavy wrister- that goalie- just caught a piece of... and went past the post.

I thought his skating was good for tall guy.
Goes to net/screens goalie well... I thought he deflected in the Iacopelli goal...

I have been watching Hogs for several years... as far as being "dominant"... he is right behind TT/Hino/Danault- as far as being "Dominant " or Most noticeable Player- "who should go to next level"... I would rank the Edje right behind those 3 guys-

Ranks- ahead of Hartman-imo

WTS- he needs some work- cuz NHL'ers will be better/tougher to beat...
But than again- I can see Kane or Schmaltz or D-Cat/Sikura ALL making the Edje look better too!!!

I see this kid as an easy/Cheaper "rep (if Bowman has right deal this summer)... Edje- easily puts up 20-30 g's in full season with Kane and ??? That's my Opinion.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Sikura/Krys

Krys- was solid yesterday... Pleasantly surprised... shows excellent speed and quick decision making...

I was dis-appointed by Gilbert- but happy with Krys

Sikura- Guy skates like Patrick Kane lite... just jittery/changes speeds/cuts on dime... My only concern- Getting hurt/Not getting hurt...
Sikura has great hands/puck handling/one timer on PP...
Instantly makes Hawks PP 10-20 goals better next year...

Plays like TT on boards- though...

1st time ever seeing Q. Hughes (Michigan top 10 pick to be)...
WOW- that kid can skate!!! Reminds me of Young Keith...

Ian Mithcell- who was my surprise favorite from Prospect Camp.
Did not see game... just know he had 3 assists yesterday...
My report from Camp- kid has super quick feet, but couldn't really asses his skating... Because he moved and passed the puck so QUICKLY/ it was never on his stick long enough to asses skating.... So my conclusion was Excellent IQ/thinks game at High speed (kind of like D-cat)

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Last paragraph- I meant to say-- I see Edje- as easy/cheaper replacement for AA (if SB can move AA fro the "right deal")...

skate Edje w/88/8 or Dcat... and he easily gets AA numbers for 25% cost

Reactions: Krivo25

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Quinn Hughes maybe is the best skater in the draft ..and unlike so many of out top d-men prospects like Krys Mitchell and Jokiharhu he us a Left shot LD ..But he is only 5'10 175 ...we simply cannot ice a lineup filled with so many smallish den no matter how skilled they are ..you need a balance with some bigger stronger guys...

The 2nd point I would make is that none of Krys Mitchell or Hughes has a "special" point shot ability to beat goalies a lot from out there ..Jokiharhu nay be the best of then but even he is no Evan Bouchard or even Noah Dobson ...At some point we must get a guy who can beat goalies from the point with a big shot at a special frequency ..Also These 2 have the big size we require to push guts off pucks..So even though both are RD I an just leery if we drafted a mother shrimp like Hughes when we already have 3 actually bigger small skilled den in Krys Mitchell and Jokiharhu ..And we still have smallish Keith who cannot win strength battles with the oops and as his stick checks get worse with age he becomes pretty useless so ce he cannot fire and score from the oil too...

Hughes may be a good player but he brings some flaws that do not help us like the size issue and the nothing special on the point shot .. I also think he did not actually develop any more than he dominated in the Works Juniors ..He is fine in college with the bigger ice ...but in the NHL those big forwards will push him around and we already have 3 prospects coming who are not very big den ...so you show me a line up with 5 of 6 dmen all between 5'10 and 6'0 ...it just will not work.. Now IF you told me Hughes replaces Keith cause we could trade Keith...then I might pick Hughes ...but sorry I hope Stam does not go for another shrimp dman with our pick .. while Hughes has been in the 5-9 range on most lists at the start and at mid season ,I did see that Craig Button had moved him down to #12 on his rankings ...many GMsstill have him in their top ten...no doubt ...but I just do not think he is who we should target at #7 or #8 ...or #9 ...Yet know g that Stan and Kelley cannot resist skilled smallish PMD types it would not surprise me if they picked him..I just want something g different ..like a dmN with a great point to shot who beats goalies a lot with it ..a dman with enough size ND will gnesscto use it physically ..and a 2 -Way guy who also reads and reacts well defensively . AND so if Bouchard off the board before we pick at 7-9 then I would drFt Ehalstrom at #7 if still there and if he is gone before we pick then I would jump to Kotkaniemi who Button compares to Kopitar at the same Ge ...Renembe= 23 tens including gbefore he git drafted at #14 by L.A.and so if Kotkaniemi turnsbout ti be that and Stan passed on that in our already large stable upcoming smallish skilled PMD types ,then we should all scream ..."Not again!"...we just cannot be the smallest corps of dmen I the NHL ...and none of then anything special o the pint shot or can move anyone from I front of our net or with a strength battle. .We need some balance of days. .
The only thing that goes in Hughes favored if we target a dman is that he plays LD .. BUT maybe we can trade Krys for a LD prospect from a team short on RD prospects but loaded on the left side. .that makes more sense to me..Lucas Carlsson is another RD prospect in our system ...but still if Bouchard is there at #7-9 we cannot bypass him. But I think he goes at 5 or 6 just before or right after Boqvist (Boqvist isxNotger smallish great skating skilled offensively gifted dman..but he has that special point shot like Bouchard to beat gales from distance .. of course this is all not if we get a top 3 pick via lotto win.. Dahlin .at #1 of course (another RD but he has size) ...I would grab Zadina (special sbniper) at #2 ...great goal scorers with exceptional release and shot accuracy are hard to find.. And Svechnikov at #3 ...size some edge 200ft game ..skill ..Good in every aspect ...can score in variety of ways .. he is #3 in my books..
These are the clear top 3vif we win in a lotto draw to place 1 ,2oe 3...

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I thought Gilbert looked solid so far against Providence. some very timely pinches, had a few big hits as well..he is steady out there..he might get beat from time to time, but that can be adjusted...I like this kid a lot as well
Needs more speed for the pro game. I'm more skeptical.

I think Mitchell will return to Denver and be "the guy" for a year. Besides, there's only so much icetime to go around in Rockford.

Reactions: TLEH

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Ryczek isn't talked about too much. Quietly having a productive offensive season in Halifax (6G, 19A, 31GP). Haven't seen much of the Q or him but those are solid numbers.
Just popped in to see if any Hawks fans were paying attention. Kid is a great skater with a hard accurate wrist shot. Plays an aggressive game and makes some bad pinches. Good hitter and strong enough to direct opposing players to the corner boards. Sound defensively. Has been paired with 2018 draft Jared McIsaac since coming to Halifax. They make a very good pairing and each should put up well over 50 points each next year.

Reactions: Blue Liner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad