Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
If you're Sikura, why would you sign with the Blackhawks? Why wouldn't you pick your own team? Just asking.
Because he can likely burn a elc year this season with the Hawks? Or maybe he wants to play for the organization his older brother currently is in? It's really not hard to figure out why he'd sign here...

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
If you're Sikura, why would you sign with the Blackhawks? Why wouldn't you pick your own team? Just asking.

You see an opportunity for yourself to play right away, possibly burn an ELC year right away, despite the down season still a first-class organization to play for in a great city, brother in the organization....long list of reasons.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I've said it before, but I expect Sikura to produce like Tuevo did when he was here. 30-40pt winger, who can play on the PP and move the puck up ice efficiently. Soft along the boards, and is a bit of a playmaker. I just don't expect that Sikura will improve much past that point.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
The thing about Sikura which is good that he has been shooting a lot in NCAA. I dont know how good his shot is, but for me, I think his potential is 15+30 guy. If he plays as 3rd liner, 10+20 is more realistic.

He has potential though and hopefully he can be huge for us.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I’m aware of his season last year that’s why I said season S , plural. He’s had his two best seasons as a junior and senior playing with other nhl talent. He looked good at prospect camp, but that’s happened before too. (Fortin anybody ?) I like the kid, but I’ll wait and see before I claim 50 points. I think 30-35 as a third line scoring piece would be his ceiling and nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: migi

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
for personal reason, i just came back from the one dollar show.

saw only the brave. my response wow !!!! excellent movie and it is a true story. i just got done reading up on the events that happen.

story and timeline
19: The True Story of the Yarnell Hill Fire

story of the movie ... what not included with the controversial part that is missing.
The Story That “Only the Brave” Leaves Out

the legal fight and the families getting screwed by the city.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...account-yarnell-fire-hotshot-deaths/25333479/

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Sikura vs. Krys on Monday for the Beanpot championship

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I watched a few games from BU over the past few days, the Providence game a few weeks back and his U-Mass Lowell game from December...Krys looked real damn good, he had poise, visions, speed, positioning all of it looked good. I don't think he got on the score board for Providence game (said Harvard..sorry), but did score against U-Mass.. He has risen back up the ranks and has a chance to be a good one again. We have many young dmen sprinkled all over the place, 1 or 2 of these kids need to hit and make our top 4 in 2 years...

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
So it looks like the Sikura situation is going to get wild.

Will Dylan Sikura spurn the Blackhawks? What everyone's...

Pay wall but interesting stuff in here.

“One league exec thought he wouldn’t sign with the hawks”...

Goes onto say that that could be purely speculation though. Still. Only sentence of doubt we’ve heard this entire time.
IMO, The only way he signs with Hawks is if they burn a year of his contract like they did with Hayden.
And if Hawks offer to do that ... It's still very questionable for the player to sign

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
So it looks like the Sikura situation is going to get wild.

Will Dylan Sikura spurn the Blackhawks? What everyone's...

Pay wall but interesting stuff in here.

“One league exec thought he wouldn’t sign with the hawks”...

Goes onto say that that could be purely speculation though. Still. Only sentence of doubt we’ve heard this entire time.

Click bait. Hawks clearly want him, will open a spot for him (3rd line) and he'll burn a year off his ELC. Plus, his brother is in the organization. So, until there's a lot more smoke, I call baloney.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I'm sure his agent is also telling him to not say much about it. 1) so he can get a better guarantee he will only be in the NHL the next 2 years and he gets more bonus money.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Sikura and Krys sign once they are done this year, we add two more solid prospects to our ranks...we hear this with so many of our kids but time and time again they sign.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Sikura and Krys sign once they are done this year, we add two more solid prospects to our ranks...we hear this with so many of our kids but time and time again they sign.

I am impressed with the strides that Krys has made this season. Really solid progression from a pick that some did not like (most wanted Fox, which is 100% understandable).

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I am impressed with the strides that Krys has made this season. Really solid progression from a pick that some did not like (most wanted Fox, which is 100% understandable).

Very accurate.

Fox was really dominant in WJC. I have no clue how Krys plays because cant see the games but what I’ve read Krys is very good there and has top-4 potential. A lot.

How is his shot?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Very accurate.

Fox was really dominant in WJC. I have no clue how Krys plays because cant see the games but what I’ve read Krys is very good there and has top-4 potential. A lot.

How is his shot?

Fox is the better offensive prospect to me.

I think Krys is a better skater (quick feet, which I put a lot of value in) so I am higher on him than most. His shot average (improved but still not anything to write home about). and still needs work in my option. Top 4 potential but 2nd pair type.

Someone proposed moving Hartman to the Flames and Fox's name came up as part of the potential return. Personally I like that idea but we need middle 6 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad