Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
If Fox is available, I would target on him. He went to be top-3 favourite player in last WJC haha. But yeah.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Very accurate.

Fox was really dominant in WJC. I have no clue how Krys plays because cant see the games but what I’ve read Krys is very good there and has top-4 potential. A lot.

How is his shot?

Krys has a decent shot, it has improved a bit. it is his accuracy that I like as he gets pucks on nets which has created a lot of chances in the games I have seen this year.

Reactions: migi

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Another goal for the Sikura line on the PP (Sikura with a primary assist). Boy, that really is an incredible NCAA line.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
that is my fear- its a hell of a line.

just like for Michigan it was

Connor - Compher - Motte
those 3 tore it up, but only Connor so far is producing at the NHL level though both Compher and Motte are up here and doing okay so far..we will see with these other guys and how they do away from each other moving forward

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Almost certainly nothing but the NESN announcer for the Beanpot took it for granted that Sikura would be a Hawk after the season. The only reason I mention it is because of the Athletic piece; here's a Boston hockey guy locking him in on the Hawks.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002

Connor - Compher - Motte
those 3 tore it up, but only Connor so far is producing at the NHL level though both Compher and Motte are up here and doing okay so far..we will see with these other guys and how they do away from each other moving forward
Isolating a player from his linemates is always one of the great challenges. That said, it was no secret that Motte was the passenger on that line.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Isolating a player from his linemates is always one of the great challenges. But on the other hand, it was no secret that Motte was the passenger on that line.

he was, no doubt about it, but from all indications it is Gaudette that stirs that drink...so that is my fear with Sikura being like a Motte who has benefited a lot from playing with an elite player.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013

Connor - Compher - Motte

Good point about CCM, they are a bit of a cautionary tale for the Sikura hype. I think Sikura quite a bit but it's worth considering that he's been an upperclassman producing on a stacked line (for the most part) the past two years.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
he was, no doubt about it, but from all indications it is Gaudette that stirs that drink...so that is my fear with Sikura being like a Motte who has benefited a lot from playing with an elite player.
That line is very complimentary to each other. In no way does Sikura take a ride as 3rd wheel.
The Hawks already have a very similar player in Anthony Louis

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
That line is very complimentary to each other. In no way does Sikura take a ride as 3rd wheel.
The Hawks already have a very similar player in Anthony Louis

we will see, we have watched this so many times only to see 1 guy make it while the other 2 fade away. I think Sikura is going to be a NHLer, I just want people to calm down on some of their projections with him being a 50 plus point player in a year or two...let him ease into this team, we have a nice 3rd line for him to start off on and go from there.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Almost certainly nothing but the NESN announcer for the Beanpot took it for granted that Sikura would be a Hawk after the season. The only reason I mention it is because of the Athletic piece; here's a Boston hockey guy locking him in on the Hawks.

Interesting, because the minute I see pieces like the Athletic put out I start to think worst case scenario.

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
we will see, we have watched this so many times only to see 1 guy make it while the other 2 fade away. I think Sikura is going to be a NHLer, I just want people to calm down on some of their projections with him being a 50 plus point player in a year or two...let him ease into this team, we have a nice 3rd line for him to start off on and go from there.

It's a tough thought, knowing that chances are all three won't pan out. But with Sikura he creates a lot of opportunities; he's a smart, gifted playmaker. I think that will take him pretty far. To me that line is fairly symbiotic.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well he got 2 assists this game ..but they were far from routine ...His first came off a shot he took which came so quick it rebounded off the BU goalie and right to Gaudette for a tap in... His 2nd assist was a World Class back-door pass to Gaudette for another easy open net goal ..So yes Gaudette is a very goid finisher but Sikura creates with his vision and passing and ge does have a goid release amd shot ..Especialky with more space on the PP ...Exactly what we need if we get a finisher on the other wing ...Imagine if we could sign Sikura and also get lucky to move up to #2 or #3 amd land Zadina ..Then we would have the answers on the PP..

We still need another top C though. ..

Here is my worry about Sikura signing. ..Yrs we do have his brother that maybe thevthoughynof pjaying with entices hom...But on the other hand,Gaudette probably turns pro a year early to sign with Vancouver and so maybe Sikura thinks he could go free agent and join his centre with whom he is so comfortable and clicks with to pkay there? IT should be a worry.

As to Sikura in the more congested 5x5 ..the line did notvrealkyvexpect dominate with less space in ES..so tgerevisctgat caution. .Sikura is not heavy or physical ...so there is that .He has goid but not great speed..So there is that..But it also shoukd be noted he was used on the PK by Northeastern and so that speaks to his coach liking his ability to anticipate and get to proper position defending the opps PP ...

In short he us certainly not a complete player. .tgerexarevussues. .but he also has certainly abilities that shoukd helo us in Cera in areas..notably tge PP where the extra space helps him excel.

He does has excellent vision. .passing..anticipation. ..and a good quick release shot ..Heals can rag tge puck around the o-zone on the PP then spit the bioengineering guy and saucer pass it on the tape to that guy.So these are abilities we can use ..

I suppose there is a 2nd possibility as alternative to Sikura possibly going free agent ...the first possible alternative is that he does sign with us...the 2nd is that he signs with us and his oposing winger Stevens (2nd on Northeastern in goals) decides to go free agent amd chosen to sign with us instead of joining Vancouver with Gaudette who as I said would leave a year early...Stevens is a Senior like Sikura and his rights are owned by STL ..So I suppose Sikura could decide to join him the record vice versa if either balks at their draft g team and goes free agent..though I think if Sikura does tgat he would pick his Center,Gaudette to play with over his linemates winger Stevens.

SO tgerexarevussues many scenarios with these 3 ..But Gaudette cannot ho free agent .Though maybe we could trade for him ....but I doubt that..Maybe Forsling amd Hartman for Gaudette? Van probably won't do it.

ProphetofthePuck

Dec 2, 2017
Well he got 2 assists this game ..but they were far from routine ...His first came off a shot he took which came so quick it rebounded off the BU goalie and right to Gaudette for a tap in... His 2nd assist was a World Class back-door pass to Gaudette for another easy open net goal ..So yes Gaudette is a very goid finisher but Sikura creates with his vision and passing and ge does have a goid release amd shot ..Especialky with more space on the PP ...Exactly what we need if we get a finisher on the other wing ...Imagine if we could sign Sikura and also get lucky to move up to #2 or #3 amd land Zadina ..Then we would have the answers on the PP..

We still need another top C though. ..

Here is my worry about Sikura signing. ..Yrs we do have his brother that maybe thevthoughynof pjaying with entices hom...But on the other hand,Gaudette probably turns pro a year early to sign with Vancouver and so maybe Sikura thinks he could go free agent and join his centre with whom he is so comfortable and clicks with to pkay there? IT should be a worry.

As to Sikura in the more congested 5x5 ..the line did notvrealkyvexpect dominate with less space in ES..so tgerevisctgat caution. .Sikura is not heavy or physical ...so there is that .He has goid but not great speed..So there is that..But it also shoukd be noted he was used on the PK by Northeastern and so that speaks to his coach liking his ability to anticipate and get to proper position defending the opps PP ...

In short he us certainly not a complete player. .tgerexarevussues. .but he also has certainly abilities that shoukd helo us in Cera in areas..notably tge PP where the extra space helps him excel.

He does has excellent vision. .passing..anticipation. ..and a good quick release shot ..Heals can rag tge puck around the o-zone on the PP then spit the bioengineering guy and saucer pass it on the tape to that guy.So these are abilities we can use ..

I suppose there is a 2nd possibility as alternative to Sikura possibly going free agent ...the first possible alternative is that he does sign with us...the 2nd is that he signs with us and his oposing winger Stevens (2nd on Northeastern in goals) decides to go free agent amd chosen to sign with us instead of joining Vancouver with Gaudette who as I said would leave a year early...Stevens is a Senior like Sikura and his rights are owned by STL ..So I suppose Sikura could decide to join him the record vice versa if either balks at their draft g team and goes free agent..though I think if Sikura does tgat he would pick his Center,Gaudette to play with over his linemates winger Stevens.

SO tgerexarevussues many scenarios with these 3 ..But Gaudette cannot ho free agent .Though maybe we could trade for him ....but I doubt that..Maybe Forsling amd Hartman for Gaudette? Van probably won't do it.
I wanted to let you know perhaps you talents would be better used as a sacrifice to the Hockey Gods, real Norse stuff ......but yea despite the rtrtyeuwii ....I buy your analysis

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Fiddy thanks for the paragraphs and like was said above, the Norse Gods throughout the post.

I think if anything we will benefit from Stevens leaving and signing here..the Blues seem pretty set at forward, we can offer Stevens something right away if he decides to go that route and not sign this year with the Blues. I was shocked to see how far Stevens fell at draft, always liked him at the USNDP and we seem a prime destination for young US kids...forget about Gaudette, Vancouver isn't trading him

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Fiddy thanks for the paragraphs and like was said above, the Norse Gods throughout the post.

I think if anything we will benefit from Stevens leaving and signing here..the Blues seem pretty set at forward, we can offer Stevens something right away if he decides to go that route and not sign this year with the Blues. I was shocked to see how far Stevens fell at draft, always liked him at the USNDP and we seem a prime destination for young US kids...forget about Gaudette, Vancouver isn't trading him
Plus, Stevens was drafted in his draft +2 yrs as an overager

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Seems Snuggerud is still dealing with that upper body injury. Missed the last two games. Forsling on the third pairing tonight.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well ...if we manage to sign Sikura and IF we get lucky enough to move upto #2 or #3 and Zadina drops our way ,we then have the makings of what should be the 2 bookend wingers to re-ignite the lame PP ..

SINCE Kane is not doing anything for us on the PP (or even in ES the last 15 games) maybe we ought to explore trading him if he waives (probably only to hometown Buffalo) ....and get a boatload back for Kane and use the cap space for free agents and the picks to get stronger in the pipeline .

Long term the 2 x $10.5 cap hits do not work ..one of them has to go ..Cannot see Toews waiving his NMC or who woukd want him...but Lane ...Maybe. ..if he waives to go "home" ..Maybe we can use that to help thevre-build.. We also need a real 1C cause Toews is not that anymore ..BTW if we take next seadon too we get into the Jack Hughes sweepstakes..next franchise Centre...The old heroes have faded ...we need new heroes. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad