All Purpose Podcast/Shoot Interview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Alvarez said on JR's podcast that it's a great time to be a hardcore fan because of how much wrestling content there is, notably WWE content, but wonders how or why any new fan would jump on board considering how much time they have to invest in the product.

He was saying how there's way more content from WWE now than there was in their peak in the Monday Night Wars.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I mean, there really only is an extra hour for new watchers.

And then an extra PPV each month.

I dunno, I don't understand the "there's too much!" stuff. In the world of PVR and On Demand, and the WWE network, you can literally watch SmackDown and Raw when it fits your schedule, and can skip through commercials and segments you don't care about.

The only stuff that you should watch live are the PPV's, but even then, you can watch them later if you can't.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just listened to Jericho's podcast bringing back Finn Balor, and that might be the best one I've heard to date (after Gallows and Anderson). Balor going through the first night on Raw was awesome.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Amazing how likable Owens is and how he can be the best heel on television. The guy just seems so freaking down to earth and normal. Really has his head on straight from what I can see.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Amazing how likable Owens is and how he can be the best heel on television. The guy just seems so freaking down to earth and normal. Really has his head on straight from what I can see.

Meanwhile there is a **** employed by ESPN that made fun of KO's autistic son for being emotional that his dad won the highest prize in wrestling. :facepalm:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Wrestling podcasts

What are some of your favorites? There are actually quite a few entertaining podcasts out there featuring wrestling talk and interviews with current & former stars/writers/personnel etc.

I obviously don't listen to them all, but I keep my eye out for interesting guests and topics. Some of the well known ones:

PW Torch LiveCast (livecast is free, but other audio shows require VIP membership)

Wrestling Observer Live (some free shows, but mainly subscription based from what I understand)

MLW Radio

The LAW: Live Audio Wrestling (TSN radio)

Wrestling Compadres Slamcast (Fox Sports)

Cheap Heat

We Watch Wrestling

Wrestlezone Radio

The Steve Austin Show

The Steve Austin Show - Unleashed

Talk Is Jericho

The Ric Flair Show

The Taz Show

The Art Of Wrestling with Colt Cabana

Bischoff On Wrestling

Vince Russo's The Brand

The Ross Report

Jim Cornette Experience

Something To Wrestle with Bruce Prichard

Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Solomonster, Wrestling Soup, and Talk Impact Radio are my 3 weeklies. TIR doesn't actually talk TNA, in case you wanted to know

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
The New Age Insiders are pretty good for a fan-run podcast, probably the best podcast that doesn't involve a wrestler or former creative member.

Oct 18, 2011
there are just so many..recently i have been getting into more of the MLW podcasts, I like MVP's show and the new Bruce Prichard show. Prichard's show is good for those of us that grew up on the 90's and the attitude era as he was one of Vince's top guys at the time, the one with the backstory on MTL was really good, it shows how that documentary really slanted the portrayal of bret hart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad