All Purpose Podcast/Shoot Interview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
The one that was completely forgotten after like a week? :laugh:

I posted something in that group forum or whatever about two months later about doing a test pod, then gave up. I keep batting around concepts for podcasts to do but I never seem to get anywhere with it.

As for podcasts I listen to:

The Lapsed Fan: People knock this for being a long show but it's fantastic on a long drive or if you're in an office. It's quite funny and also the only podcast I've ever appeared on! (1988 Survivor Series, my interview is at 2 hours 15 minutes and runs for 15 min)

Between the Sheets: I love the concept of this podcast. They take the week we are in now and do a review of what was in the newsletters at that time in a given year. The episode from yesterday was from this week in 1988, so that would cover WWF, NWA, AWA, World Class, remaining territories, Japan, Mexico and even Stampede. They do an excellent job covering it all.

Titans of Wrestling: This pod is pretty funny with the group of four format, watching early 1980s WWF. Pre-Hulkamania stuff and all its absurdities.

I'll listen to Jericho when he has a good guest. Austin's podcast has good guests so rarely these days, though I am halfway thru the Revival one. The Jim Ross one is fine if you want to hear Jim Ross talk about how great Jim Ross is without letting the guest talk because Jim Ross has something to say.

Cheap Heat fell off a cliff when Shoemaker left.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
So I decided to give Bruce Prichard's podcast "Something to Wrestle With" a whirl after finding out that it's a more topical show instead of one with a guest. The first show was pretty good talking about Dusty Rhodes' WWF run.

But it seems like Prichard either gets mixed up or kayfabes stuff. Go look at the results for Dusty in his last 3 months: he got BURIED by that I mean "losing to Virgil in under 2 minutes" buried. Yet somehow he made out like Big Dust was never ribbed or anything. Alright fine. I'll let that go.

Then episode 2 is on the MegaPowers and they go into that "Butch Reed no show" story when Honky won the IC title. Fine, whatever but I don't think Bruce knows for sure because he was really new to the company in mid-1987.

But when he says something like "Steamboat gave his notice" as why he lost the IC title to Honky, that's just completely wrong since he was around for almost TEN MORE MONTHS. He made it seem like the guy was in Crockett shortly after, but it was so long that Crockett was long gone by the time Steamboat jumped.

It just strikes me as such a blunder that I'm at a point listening where I'm like "why the hell should I believe anything he says?"

I did listen to a new podcast yesterday called "Letters From Kayfabe" that I liked a lot, particularly the discussion of the "king" title in late 80s WWF and the differences between coronations for heel kings and the one for Jim Duggan in 1989.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Missy Hyatt was on Steve Austin Unleashed last night. This should be good. :laugh:

Edge was on Sam Roberts podcast, Road Warrior Animal was on Ric Flair's podcast, and Hogan was on Bischoff's show again.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Cheap Heat fell off a cliff when Shoemaker left.

I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling this way. Listened to two shows and it wasn't good. I stick to the LAW and their many podcasts and anyone else if there is something interesting going on.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Doesn't the Big guy have his own podcast now?

I think he just got his own show on rt network and will work right after larry king. Im not sure about the podcast. He does have his own youtube channel though that he talks on once or twice a month.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
The Bruce Prichard podcast is okay, my only issue is he rips anyone "new" in wrestling like Finn Balor. He also clearly refuses to bash Vince or WWE higher ups for old stuff that happened years ago. I think he still hopes to get a call from them someday.

Oct 18, 2011
So I decided to give Bruce Prichard's podcast "Something to Wrestle With" a whirl after finding out that it's a more topical show instead of one with a guest. The first show was pretty good talking about Dusty Rhodes' WWF run.

But it seems like Prichard either gets mixed up or kayfabes stuff. Go look at the results for Dusty in his last 3 months: he got BURIED by that I mean "losing to Virgil in under 2 minutes" buried. Yet somehow he made out like Big Dust was never ribbed or anything. Alright fine. I'll let that go.

Then episode 2 is on the MegaPowers and they go into that "Butch Reed no show" story when Honky won the IC title. Fine, whatever but I don't think Bruce knows for sure because he was really new to the company in mid-1987.

But when he says something like "Steamboat gave his notice" as why he lost the IC title to Honky, that's just completely wrong since he was around for almost TEN MORE MONTHS. He made it seem like the guy was in Crockett shortly after, but it was so long that Crockett was long gone by the time Steamboat jumped.

It just strikes me as such a blunder that I'm at a point listening where I'm like "why the hell should I believe anything he says?"

I did listen to a new podcast yesterday called "Letters From Kayfabe" that I liked a lot, particularly the discussion of the "king" title in late 80s WWF and the differences between coronations for heel kings and the one for Jim Duggan in 1989.
He absolutely kayfabes, or atleast attempts to put spin on things that are against "internet legend"

Oct 18, 2011
The Bruce Prichard podcast is okay, my only issue is he rips anyone "new" in wrestling like Finn Balor. He also clearly refuses to bash Vince or WWE higher ups for old stuff that happened years ago. I think he still hopes to get a call from them someday.
he likes demon balor
he thinks finn is boring, a lot of people agree with that

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
he likes demon balor
he thinks finn is boring, a lot of people agree with that

Most people that watch WWE have only seen one side of Finn Balor. However, even with what you have seen, the Demon Balor needs boring Finn to get over as it helps to build anticipation. But when Finn turns heel, it's going to get good.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Pritchard this week was about the steroid trial (and also ranting about the dirtsheets not knowing what he knows....I'm guessing they know he's BSing certain details). He goes on and on about the government on a witch hunt and all that, then says Vince could have taken a deal for no jail time and a small fine which seems pretty amazing since they wanted to sandbag him so badly according to Bruce......

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So, it seems that Wrestling Observer is starting to upload their radio content on youtube. Basically since SummerSlam they had WOR with Alvarez and Meltzer, and now I'm starting to see Bryan and Vinny.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
So, it seems that Wrestling Observer is starting to upload their radio content on youtube. Basically since SummerSlam they had WOR with Alvarez and Meltzer, and now I'm starting to see Bryan and Vinny.
They've not.

Their actual channel doesn't have any shows at all, they link to it on their home page. The one you've found will be someone else uploading loading them illegally, but that's been going on for ages anyway.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Did a good job masking themselves then, they even get a lot of ads, that's why I figured it was them.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah, if you've found the same one I did, they've got a good name for it. Easy to confuse it with the real thing if you're not aware of the real channel already.

But when you look a bit closer it's a bit more obvious. Like there are no links back to the website in the descriptions or anywhere. They don't have F4W mentioned. There's a lack of abuse in the comments, which should be there for anything Meltzer does xD. And the fact that they're selling the podcast on their website too lol.

But as you've found them I do recommend listening all the same.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Bryan and Vinny show is worth it just cause them ******** on everything is hilarious even if you disagree with them (like Bryan and Vinny saying Miz vs. Ziggler was just "average that went too long".).

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Their show I like is the retro Raw and Nitro re-watches. They re-watch the weekly shows from 19 years ago, which puts them just before the screw job. So much is going on that year, and all of it is awesome; even more so when you know where it's all heading.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I listen to those too. Nothing quite compares to Vinny being miserable as **** when it comes anything to do with the modern day product, notably Raw. :laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
His dispondence on the Heyman/Steph segment was awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->