All Purpose Podcast/Shoot Interview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
Anyone listen? great wrestling insight and interviews, just listening to him talk w/bruce pritchard on the state of the business and how robotic all the promos are and how guys don't wing it anymore. great interviews with JR, Nash, Sean Waltman and Jerry Lawler amongst others

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 18, 2011
there are countless good interviews, but i was disappointed austin didn't try to get bryan to comment on how he's been booked since summerslam, but maybe that was off limits

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
Austin's show is great. Usually listen to every one I can unless I don't care for the guest.

Jericho's inaugural show was really good too.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Steve Austin wants Vince McMahon on the show and Vince McMahon is interested...

that'd be a must hear.

Oct 18, 2011
jericho austin podcast is must listen both parts. part 2 he gets into the whole last match thing, you can tell he wants to do it but it's almost like a recovering drug addict where you spend so much time beating it(he claims it took him years to come to grips that he could no longer wrestle) and then you come back and are basically at square one again, people can actually get addicted to adrenaline rushes so i see why austin is hesitant but he's also a business man so he's not going to publicly give up any leverage

and if vince actually does a shoot interview i guarantee it will be one of the most listened to podcasts of the year, maybe the most downloaded wrestling podcast overall

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Chris Jericho's podcast is great too. Love it. The energy from Jericho rubs off on you too.

I hope Austin gets that McMahon interview, and said it'll happen when it's good time-wise for both of them.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm falling in love with these podcasts.

I used to listen to Colt's almost religiously, but after the 100th episode I started not paying attention and ended up deleting the app from my phone. Got it back, downloaded Austin and Jericho episodes and haven't touched Cabana's podcast since. Don't get wrong, Cabana's was awesome, but Jericho and Austin takes it to another level with the stories from their guests. I loved the recent interview Jericho did with Edge which came out today and part two is next week. I listen to these almost daily now.

Oct 18, 2011
Jerichos podcast is already one of the top sports related on itunes, good interview with edge lots of things you've never heard before

RJ8812*

I'm on about the 26th episodes of Austin's podcast. I like it a lot but he's had a few episodes (Maria Menounos, Eric Young) that were boring as **** so I had to skip them.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
There are a few stinkers, but overall I found this podcast to be just flat out entertaining. The Flair interview was awesome and is a must. I'm thankful that Steve is still dedicated to entertaining his fans. Part of the reason why he's the greatest of all-time.

:yo:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So part 2 of the Edge interview came out on Talk is Jericho and they revealed that the SummerSlam main event with the Nexus boiled down to Cena wanting to do the finish a certain way and Jericho and Edge telling Cena he was wrong but Cena did it anyways and afterwards the entire thing stunk and Cena even admitted that they were right. :laugh:

Cena wanted to get DDT'd on the floor by Barrett and then kick out and beat them, but Edge/Jericho thought it didn't make sense and was stupid and wanted Barrett to go over.

Edge also revealed that Vince was the only one on his side when he first won the WWE championship and that the cash in was his idea to build his heat.

Oct 18, 2011
ah of course, cena wanted to super cena his way to victory to build his own profile, instead of building up the nexus. and now we're in a state where he has almost nobody to work with because he has beaten everyone so easily

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Listening to PWTorch podcast with Seth Mates' interview, he confirms Rob Van Dam was supposed to be first World Heavyweight Champion instead of Triple H.

The story goes that Vince got a call from SOMEONE (HHH) who said that it'd be better if a heel were a champion and that championship wasn't there the previous day (being handed it) and that it's a heel thing to do and RVD would benefit more from winning it off the heel and it would mean more. RVD's win never happened.

The reason Big Show went over Brock at Survivor Series was because of a fight between Hogan-Vince and Vince wanted to prove he could make another Hogan, thus, the Brock face turn.

They also talk about HHH's ego, this generation, part timers, performance center, etc...must listen. He said Heyman is the best creative mind in the history of the business, not the Vince myth.

(Btw, I think it'd be cool if this was turned into the "All Purpose Podcast thread")

Last edited:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
As much cena has "done" for the company and for make a wish etc, He sure seems like a real dick during work and in real life if anything is true from total divas. Very controling, greedy and selfish. But because he brings in the big bucks from the kids i guess it's alright?

Oct 18, 2011
Listening to PWTorch podcast with Seth Mates' interview, he confirms Rob Van Dam was supposed to be first World Heavyweight Champion instead of Triple H.

The story goes that Vince got a call from SOMEONE (HHH) who said that it'd be better if a heel were a champion and that championship wasn't there the previous day (being handed it) and that it's a heel thing to do and RVD would benefit more from winning it off the heel and it would mean more. RVD's win never happened.

The reason Big Show went over Brock at Survivor Series was because of a fight between Hogan-Vince and Vince wanted to prove he could make another Hogan, thus, the Brock face turn.

They also talk about HHH's ego, this generation, part timers, performance center, etc...must listen. He said Heyman is the best creative mind in the history of the business, not the Vince myth.

(Btw, I think it'd be cool if this was turned into the "All Purpose Podcast thread")

that sounds like a triple h thing to do. instead of doing a logical thing and having a tournament or something....

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Edge also revealed in the interview that Alberto Del Rio was going to beat him at Extreme Rules in the ladder match since everyone expected him to win at Wrestlemania, but Edge had to retire. He also said Vince was the one who called him and Vince said it was the toughest phone call he ever had to make.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto

I remember it being reported that the reason Big Show won the title was because Lesnar injured his ribs and was going to be out of action for like a month.

that sounds like a triple h thing to do. instead of doing a logical thing and having a tournament or something....

I don't know they didn't have a tournament anyway. It would have made Triple H look stronger by winning the tournament. Bischoff just handing the title to Triple H made the title seem worthless to begin with.

Fuzzy Bunny

Mar 5, 2007
If Austin get's Vince in a shoot it will easily be the most listened to wrestling podcast of all time.

Can't wait for Jericho/Bret Hart. His interview with Edge was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad