OT: All Purpose Pick Up Hockey Thread

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
Anyone that goes there know how late the skate sharpening goes until? I haven't played on ice in years so I'd need to sharpen my skates.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
there is usually a guy there until we start skating ( 11:30 ). I would advise to be there by 10:30-11 to be sure. sometimes they lock it up earlier than when we start.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
Saturday bump. Come snipe my goalie. He's been on a kick of how good he is and we need to knock him down a peg. Don't worry, he's not really that good. Lol

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Saturday bump. Come snipe my goalie. He's been on a kick of how good he is and we need to knock him down a peg. Don't worry, he's not really that good. Lol

So, this is for future reference... do you guys do it every or most Saturdays for players of most ages/skill levels?

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
read the first post of the thread, it will tell you everything you need to know. It is every saturday night around 1130pm

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
come play hockey tonight........be there by 11:15........puck drops at 11:45. :handclap:

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
saturday night bump. come play hockey.

puck drops at 1130pm at superior ice rink in kings park. $20 per skater....play till 1:30 am. we always have 2-3 goalies

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
Saturday night bump.

Ice hockey at Superior Ice Rink in Kings park.

Puck Drops around 1130pm.......don't be afraid of the snow and slush.....we will be playing

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
saturday night bump.

Starts around 1130pm.....get there around 11:00 - 11:15.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
Saturday night bump. Come play some ice hockey. Turnouts have been good and we always have 2-3 goalies.

11:30pm

$20

KreiMeARiver*

Does anyone play roller hockey on either of the UES/Yorkville rinks?

My girlfriend lives right next door to the rink on 95th and 1st, and I was wondering if anyone from here plays pickup games on the weekends? It's a better alternative to hanging out at the bar all day if she's working. haha

17 others

Apr 1, 2009
Weekends thwre are league games for manhattan roller hockey league, which I actually was in up til this season. Obviously they have the permit so u can't play then

You might be able to get some time week nights but the nets are locked up. Down on 86 and York there's a half rink that has a net at all times but it's not very good for a puck. I know sometimes guys get pick up games going I think on like 41 and 2nd or 3rd on weekends

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Weekends thwre are league games for manhattan roller hockey league, which I actually was in up til this season. Obviously they have the permit so u can't play then

You might be able to get some time week nights but the nets are locked up. Down on 86 and York there's a half rink that has a net at all times but it's not very good for a puck. I know sometimes guys get pick up games going I think on like 41 and 2nd or 3rd on weekends

Oh, you mean that Roller Derby place? I think that's what it is.

Yeah, the only place I know of on the UES/Yorkville is Asphalt Green. If you don't mind traveling a bit, Chelsea Piers has a great rink.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Hey, quick question.

I know you say the skill level varies, but, let's say I'm not even sure if I can ice skate, but assume my roller hockey skills will somewhat translate. If I come down in full padding, can I just skate around when you guys take warmups or something? :laugh:

I should probably just find an open skate somewhere.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Hey, quick question.

I know you say the skill level varies, but, let's say I'm not even sure if I can ice skate, but assume my roller hockey skills will somewhat translate. If I come down in full padding, can I just skate around when you guys take warmups or something? :laugh:

I should probably just find an open skate somewhere.

In the old days I saw a guy in figure skates and football shoulder pads. Go play. It's just for fun.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
so i decided i want to start playing hockey again after years of not playing. anyone play in westchester, manhattan, rockland, bergen?

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
so i decided i want to start playing hockey again after years of not playing. anyone play in westchester, manhattan, rockland, bergen?

I wanna start again as well. Haven't played a competitive game in 2 years and starting to get the itch again.

Best options for mens leagues in NYC/Westchester?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad