OT: All Purpose Pick Up Hockey Thread

Dec 13, 2010
I'd be down if it wasnt nearly an hour from Flushing. I skate @ World Ice and Bethpage here and there. Let me know if any of you guys skate at either

do they have pickup games in bethpage? i live in westbury so 10 mins tops from bethpage and would probably be down to come for some pick ups there

NHL Fanatik*

I go to Binghamton U, and went to a Binghamton Sens game last night, and got to see the great Hugh Jessiman live. He was as useful as ever, turning the puck over more than once right in front of his own net. Although he did play an extended shift after he lost his helmet, which did provide some entertainment.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
do they have pickup games in bethpage? i live in westbury so 10 mins tops from bethpage and would probably be down to come for some pick ups there

I believe they do have pickup in Bethpage. The schedule is online. Personally, I go to Syosset for most of my pickup and while they keep us on the smaller rink and we play 4on4, I think it's the most fun skate on LI. It's Wednesday, Friday, Sunday... they may have another day as well. The schedule is online at islandicehockey.com

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
come play hockey this saturday night...........if you have gas that is. :)

Dec 13, 2010
friday in syosset might actually be great for me. you guys play 4 on 4 mostly? probably not this week but definitely at some point in the winter i'll be coming down for that

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
SUPERIOR ICE RINK - KINGS PARK - LONG ISLAND - 11:30PM

Bump to the top............

Last saturday was great!! 20 skaters, great flow and two goalies that lasted until 2am. Come down and play !!!

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007
SUPERIOR ICE RINK - KINGS PARK - LONG ISLAND - 11:30PM

Bump to the top............

Last saturday was great!! 20 skaters, great flow and two goalies that lasted until 2am. Come down and play !!!

What's the skill level here? I'd love to play but I don't want to be a traffic cone out there. I play roller now and have played ice a bit but don't want to waste my time.

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007
Anyone play Dek in Suffolk? I'm playing at Rapid Fire in Moriches, looking for a place that's run a little better.

I use to play years ago and still have some friends who play. They play over in Smithtown at The Arena (use to be Bulldog). A lot of old school dek players there.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
What's the skill level here? I'd love to play but I don't want to be a traffic cone out there. I play roller now and have played ice a bit but don't want to waste my time.

We have people of all skill levels come down. Most people know how to skate reasonably well, but theres always a couple skater who arent the best. Nobody complains about them, everybody is there just to play and have fun. If you are going to be falling all over the place, than perhpoas you arent ready. If you can skate, stop, pass and shoot to some degree, you will be fine

The last couple weeks have had good turn outs.......some faces I have not recognized either........perhaps some new people here from HF ?

Either way, come down and play tonight.....its always a good time and ALWAYS HAS TWO GOALIES !!!! :)

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007
We have people of all skill levels come down. Most people know how to skate reasonably well, but theres always a couple skater who arent the best. Nobody complains about them, everybody is there just to play and have fun. If you are going to be falling all over the place, than perhpoas you arent ready. If you can skate, stop, pass and shoot to some degree, you will be fine

The last couple weeks have had good turn outs.......some faces I have not recognized either........perhaps some new people here from HF ?

Either way, come down and play tonight.....its always a good time and ALWAYS HAS TWO GOALIES !!!! :)

I play roller, and a little ice, so I can get by. But I've gone to open sessions where you have guys just zooming past everyone. It's not fun.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
saturday bump. Turn outs have been very good the last few weeks

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
I know this doesn't have to do with Saturday night hockey at Superior, but I figured this thread would be closest related to my question.

Superior is kind of far for me, so I'm looking to play at The Rinx in Hauppaugue in a league. When I go on their website, the age groups go from like 16 and under and then jump to 30 and over. When I try and call, no one ever picks up the telephone. Anyone play over there ages 18+ and have info. on the place?

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
I know this doesn't have to do with Saturday night hockey at Superior, but I figured this thread would be closest related to my question.

Superior is kind of far for me, so I'm looking to play at The Rinx in Hauppaugue in a league. When I go on their website, the age groups go from like 16 and under and then jump to 30 and over. When I try and call, no one ever picks up the telephone. Anyone play over there ages 18+ and have info. on the place?

its mens leauge.......3-4 different divisions depending on how skilled the team is. The rinx doesnt actually run any leauges, they just own the rink. Your choices are the suffolk county hockey leauge or the island ice hockey leauge ( also know as mid-night hockey leauge.......dont worry, games arent at mid-night, its just the name of the leauge ). email either of them, teams are always looking for players.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
summertime bump. Come plays some hockey tonight boys and girls. We always have two goalies, all skill levels welcome

NYR2007

Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
Where exactly is this ? Also how is the rink ? A lot of rinks I play in right now turned too a lake lol .. Too hot out.

Lmk me and my boy was gonna play in Brooklyn tonight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad