Indy: All-Purpose non-WWE Wrestling Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

littleD

NJPW New Beginning's cards are out.

With the leader Kenny Omega on the sideline, Bullet Club is completely M.I.A. Basically replaced by Suzuki-gun. Features all the title matches set up at New Years Dash.

The New Beginning in Sapporo
February 5, 2017

KUSHIDA & Hirai Kawato vs. Suzuki-gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado)

Yuji Nagata, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs. Yosh|tatsu, David Finlay & Henare

Katsuyori Shibata, Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask IV vs. CHAOS (Will Ospreay, Gedo & Jado)

YOSHI-HASHI vs. Takashi Iizuka

Michael Elgin, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Manabu Nakanishi, Ryusuke Taguchi & Dragon Lee vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, EVIL, BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
Roppongi Vice (Rocky Romero & Beretta) (c) vs. Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku & Taichi)

NEVER Openweight Championship
Hirooki Goto (c) vs. Juice Robinson

IWGP Tag Team Championship
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) (c) vs. GBH (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma) vs. Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.)

IWGP Heavyweight Championship
Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Minoru Suzuki

---

The New Beginning in Osaka
February 11, 2017

Yosh|tatsu & Hirai Kawato vs. David Finlay & Henare

Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & KUSHIDA vs. Suzuki-gun (Takashi Iizuka, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado)

Juice Robinson, Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask IV vs. CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI, Gedo & Jado)

CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Rocky Romero & Beretta) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi)

NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Manabu Nakanishi & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA, EVIL & BUSHI)

RPW Heavyweight Championship **if Shibata no longer has belt, regular singles match**
Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Will Ospreay

IWGP Tag Team Championship
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) vs. GBH (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma) vs. Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs. Dragon Lee

IWGP Intercontinental Championship
Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Michael Elgin

---

There are five days of "Road to New Beginning" from January 27-February 2 with the various regular, 6, 8 and 10 man tags that usually feature on NJPW cards.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It's kinda awesome that they're doing RevPro stuff on a New Japan show. Even with how minor the RoH title is in Japan, it's still great that a UK indy is getting their title put on the same stage.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just heard Jim Ross and Josh Barnett's call of the Okada/Omega match. I don't know if it was the call, but I got a higher sense for how desperate Okada was when he had to go to the second and third rainmakers, not because he was trying win the match, but as more of a defensive move so that he couldn't lose it. They put that over more, opposed to Kevin Kelly and Steve Corino putting over the one-winged angel

Those knee strikes of Omega are so awesome. That lariat-knee strike would look like a cool finisher.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Just heard Jim Ross and Josh Barnett's call of the Okada/Omega match. I don't know if it was the call, but I got a higher sense for how desperate Okada was when he had to go to the second and third rainmakers, not because he was trying win the match, but as more of a defensive move so that he couldn't lose it. They put that over more, opposed to Kevin Kelly and Steve Corino putting over the one-winged angel
I got that feeling as well, Okada just spamming Rainmakers for the last ~5 minutes was some great storytelling.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
if you are a fan of flippy ****, WCPW has Ricochet v Ospreay in a bit

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Monster's Ball match between Jade and Rosemary on last night's Impact was something.

Went and looked this up because you're not the first person I heard this from. They could've went another 10 minutes of time permitted. Jade is good, but Rosemary is really really good. Not long ago her character would be too dumb or silly to be over on television. Right now you could put that up against any other woman in the business.

Looks like the payoff is against Gail Kim, so hopefully that'll be good, too.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Anyone watched New Beginning yet? I'm curious on how Cyrus does on commentary, but I'm watching in Japanese anyway as I always do. Don't want to switch to English unless it's actually really good 'cos the Japanese guys are easily the best team in the business right now xD.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Anyone watched New Beginning yet? I'm curious on how Cyrus does on commentary, but I'm watching in Japanese anyway as I always do. Don't want to switch to English unless it's actually really good 'cos the Japanese guys are easily the best team in the business right now xD.

About to start, but like you watch it in Japanese, if you hear Big Dave say how he did let us know, I know Dave said he was not caught up on the product so his first few shows could be rough.

Yoshi-Tatsu really got fat, hopefully he goes to Mexico soon, just not good.

Nice tease for Shibata/Ospreay next week in the six man, going to be good.

Iizuka coming from the crowd was hilarious, that poor announcer he terrorizes.

That piped in music for Dragon Lee, my goodness.

Need an Elgin/Lesnar German Suplex contest. That 5 on 5 was really good, New Beginning show next weekend going to be great.

Junior Tag match was a bit of a mess, not much chemistry there, rough return for Suzuki-Gun so far.

Solid effort from Juice, was never going to win, but interested to see how his year goes. Think he would be a good in ring guy for G-1, even if he doesn't get any wins.

Hard to believe Lance Archer didn't work out with his size in WWE. Him and Davey Boy make a nice team, hopefully they put the titles on them next week, Yano just annoys me.

Okada really went Super Cena winning the match after being beat in it the entire match.

Perfectly fine show, think next week will crush it though.

Last edited:

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
These top 3 matches in Osaka tonight :popcorn:.

Juice going to get another singles match with Goto, sweet.

Ospreay/Shibata was awesome, lots of creative stuff, decent amount of offense for Ospreay.

Time for Dragon Lee and Takahashi to kill each other again.

Just gasping watching this, unreal match, they never disappoint.

Big Mike topped his ladder match with Omega tonight, what a showing!

Big 3 matches deliver big time, surprise surprise.

Last edited:

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Anyone try the "NWA on demand" service yet? 8.99 a month seems to have a ton of stuff from the 70s-80s just curious to know how user friendly it is

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Anyone see today's WCPW PPV card? Only about 10x better than Elimination Chamber.

Kurt Angle vs Alberto Del Rio
Drew Galloway vs Joe Hendry
Moss & Slater Open Challenge Tag Team Ladder Match
Will Ospreay vs Ricochet
Zach Sabre Jr vs Travis Banks
Rampage Vs Primate - I Quit Match
Bea Priestley vs Tessa Blanchard
Drago vs Pentagon Jr

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah, but WWE's ring doesn't fall apart in the middle of matches. So I give the edge to them today.

But I still can't get into WCPW at all. It's very much a vanity project, and I can't get interested in it. Especially not when there are better promotions that I follow already who use many of the same guys and put on better shows.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Just found out about the voices of wrestling website. Some of their polling, and statistical analysis of wrestling is well done. Stumbled on it by coincidence.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I didn't even realize that was Matt Striker, he just sounds like a maniac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad