Indy: All-Purpose non-WWE Wrestling Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So... we have threads for all of WWE's shows, and even TNA, but I'm making this for all the other companies since WWE's recent programming seems to have turned fans off and pushed them towards other companies, or even just local indy feds. In here we can discuss the latest NJPW, ROH, TNA (if we don't continue using their own thread), GFW, and every other promotion in the world.

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
previews for PWG's all star weekend should be dropping any day now. so hyped

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
We have a TNA thread? :laugh: Anyone catch Dixie saying WWE is coming to raid TNA next? Felt like she was trying to take a bite of the New Japan story pie.
Well they're bitter 'cos on the day TNA made it's debut on the new station, the entire wrestling media was focused on the WWE signing the NJPW guys. They got buried hard.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
I was gonna buy the BOLA shows but haven't yet and now I need to add ASW11 to the list.

Last edited:

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
well bola's just been added on highspots for digital download now. bola n2 had probably my favourite match of 2015, the Guerrilla Warfare match featuring Super Dragon.

http://www.highspots.com/c/PWG-VOD.html

(turns out they've added the best of el generico dvds too)

Last edited:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Lucha Underground back in..what...10 days?

Pretty excited for that. Ultimate Lucha was one of the best shows I saw last year and the last time I was entertained by Del Rio.

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
The conversion rate + shipping to Australia means All Star Weekend is costing me about $65, but I just couldn't wait for it to go up on Highspots. I did say no to Lemmy though, as pumped as I am for Strong vs Hero.

The $65 is why I've got mixed feelings over their newly announced shows....

PWG ‏@OfficialPWG 8h8 hours ago
Bowie takes place on February 12th! All Star Weekend 12 takes place on March 4th & 5th!

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
and the matches are currently being announced, but only one of them matters because we've got....

PWG ‏@OfficialPWG 6m6 minutes ago
Dalton Castle makes his PWG debut to take on Chuck Taylor on February 12th at Bowie!

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Kimi you are in the UK right? Let me know if you come across Travis Banks on the scene there. Went over a couple of months back.

Absolutely LOVE that guy. Was easily my favourite over here. Did a couple ROH dark matches a few years back.

Would be keen to hear any feedback on how he's going if you happen to see him over your way.

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/690433874460045312

Dave Meltzer@davemeltzerWON
I just watched the @WillOspreay vs. @MartyScurll match from London from last week. Holy **** was that match incredible.

yeah it's pretty good. Ospreay is really impressive. I havent been able to see any of the other matches but i assume ZSJ v AJ will be good too. It's up here if anyone wants to check it out: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/highstakes2016

The Philly Street fight on this week's ROH was obviously great. Although I kinda wanted more KOR vs Cole in it. It's up on their website now: http://www.rohwrestling.com/tv/current

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
More people need to check out that RevPro show. Or any British show really, we've got some really good guys right now that are doing great stuff.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Just finished night 1 of Fantastica Mania in Tokyo, really enjoyable. The Titan/EL Barbaro match and Bushi/Dorada matches were really good.

Nakamura still had his title with him, Naito is doing really good heel work and Taguchi cracks me up every time I watch him.

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
i missed it, but it seems this whole Dragon Lee vs Kamaitachi thing is worth catching up on

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Nakamura makes it official he is leaving New Japan in a presser today. Two goodbye by dates to end the month, then off to take on a "big challenge" in his words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->