Indy: All-Purpose non-WWE Wrestling Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Is it time to accept that Cody Rhodes is just a fine worker with some flashes of brilliance, notably in tag matches with Goldust, and nothing more?

Also wish WWE protected finishers like the One Winged Angel is protected. When Kenny hits it he is SO winning that title.
He's more than that.

While he's not amazing at wrestling, he's way higher than the average. Consistently good-but-not-quite-great. It's a 'flaw', but not a massive one, especially when his character work is top tier. Give him a main event character and he'll be a main event talent. It just requires effort to push it, he's not going to get massively over unless he's put in a position to where he could do it. Added bonus of being his father's son gives you something special to work with.

Same qualities as Miz really. Except a better worker. Difference is that Cody is only potential, and Miz is actually legit.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I've waited nearly 15 years to see Corino in the WWE.

Not what I had it mind but if he can end up on air I'll be pretty happy.

Seems I need to watch WK.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
All I have to say is: Tanga Roa.

Let's see if the filters work.

"**** that ****!! I HATE YOU MOTHER****ER!!! ****!! Damn you! EAT ****!! EAT ****, MOTHER****ER!!!"

Camacho is one potty-mouthed Tongan.

Augscura

Oct 3, 2009
Prince George, BC
Just watched the Okada/Omega match. I really hope Okada didn't get a concussion, there was some seriously brutal head spots he took in this match. I think I can go without seeing a dragon suplex off the top rope again. Incredible match though

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Just watched the Okada/Omega match. I really hope Okada didn't get a concussion, there was some seriously brutal head spots he took in this match. I think I can go without seeing a dragon suplex off the top rope again. Incredible match though

Okada mentionned he felt for the first time in his carrer he was gonna die. so i guess it didnt look just bad. it was painful af.

just finishd watching this..... no words. great match. best of the night. even if it was long, they built it perfectly.

Augscura

Oct 3, 2009
Prince George, BC
Okada mentionned he felt for the first time in his carrer he was gonna die. so i guess it didnt look just bad. it was painful af.

just finishd watching this..... no words. great match. best of the night. even if it was long, they built it perfectly.

I really hope they don't try to top a match like this in the future with more dangerous spots, if you wanna improve a match like this if possible, then cut some of the filler at the start out.

Isi

Sep 4, 2016
kenny broke meltzer; 6 stars.

I'd consider it a typo, but he's leading with

Kenny Omega and Kazuchika Okada may have put on the greatest match in pro wrestling history in the main event of Wrestle Kingdom 11 on 1/4 at the Tokyo Dome.

obviously just one man's opinion, etc,

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Big Dave says we are getting a big debut coming up in this show.

That Scott Norton Cheeseburger moment was laugh out loud funny.

Dragon Lee in New Japan, sweet!

Juice!

Invasion!!! Great to have Suzuki Gun back in NJPW.

Guess this gives Tana something to do for a bit.

Last edited:

Isi

Sep 4, 2016
Chris Charlton was sorta hinting that Ospreay won't be coming back to NJPW, god I hope that's not true.

Isi

Sep 4, 2016
Shibata and Okada didn't have any interaction with each other....

wonder what bullet club are doing for the next month or two. Chaos are busy. It seems LIG are taking on the unaligned

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I thought that was a joke. He really did 6 stars? What's he gonna do now start giving matches 5 1/4 stars?

Edit:
He did. Wow. I mean it kinda doesn't sink in yet how great it was. But basically makes it impossible to replicate. What's left for when Omega goes over?

Last edited:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I love how they're protecting the OWA, when Kenny hits that it's going to be lights out.

I finally watched the match and i needed a shower after it. Absolutely beautiful performance.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I love how they're protecting the OWA, when Kenny hits that it's going to be lights out.

I finally watched the match and i needed a shower after it. Absolutely beautiful performance.

That's you're money for the rematch. Does he hit it and does it put Okada away?

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i usually dont agree with his ratings, but he's in love with japanese wrestling so it makes sense.
i like to watch shows without iwc reactions to go clueless and judge it by myself. gotta say this one lived to the hype with the buzz created as soon as this match was announced.
beautiful wrestling.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF

WCPW Kirbymania just starting. pretty nice card too with Galloway v Bully Ray and Rhodes v Zack Sabre Jr

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Dave Meltzer got this Omega mark feeling bad for giving Omega/Okada a ****3/4 after seeing him give it a six star rating. :laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dave Meltzer got this Omega mark feeling bad for giving Omega/Okada a ****3/4 after seeing him give it a six star rating. :laugh:

That's why I sit on it a day or two, which is what I'll do when Sasha goes over Bayley and I rate it 7 stars

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
6 stars??? Is this match worth watching even if I know nothing about these two?

Absolutely.

It's kind of long. 46 minutes. The first 15 minutes or so are the reason I have it at ****3/4 instead of a full *****, but the final 25-30 minutes, ESPECIALLY the final 15 minute stretch is one of the best, if not the best, ever. Cut 15 minutes off and it's the MOTY.

I see why they went really slow in the first 15 minutes because Tanahashi/Naito was phenomenal (***** from me) and you needed to cool the crowd down a bit after that.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Absolutely.

It's kind of long. 46 minutes. The first 15 minutes or so are the reason I have it at ****3/4 instead of a full *****, but the final 25-30 minutes, ESPECIALLY the final 15 minute stretch is one of the best, if not the best, ever. Cut 15 minutes off and it's the MOTY.

I see why they went really slow in the first 15 minutes because Tanahashi/Naito was phenomenal (***** from me) and you needed to cool the crowd down a bit after that.
Meltz out here saying this Omega guy is better than AJ Styles in every way, so I must be seriously missing out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad