Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 2 [NJPW G1 Special in San Francisco July 7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It all depends on if and when he's ready. Someone else can speak up, I haven't seen anything out there that suggests this is in the offing. In fact, last I heard from the Observer is that he still wants another fight in UFC. But I hope to hell I wouldn't hear about it before it happened.

They haven't announced an opponent for Omega at that show, yet they've never moved tickets at the rate they have for that show. If they want to set the world on fire, that would certainly do it. It would definitely have to either be the feud or the partnership they would have to do right at the start.

Last edited:

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
It only happens if Omega/Bucks decide to head to WWE imo. In which case, Rhodes takes over BC. So it'd be Rhodes led Bullet Club with two OG members vs. The Elite.

It pretty much boils down to The Elite being kicked out and the focus being on the Bullet Club as a unit again, not The Elite.

I can't see the Bucks ever going to WWE unless Vince hands them a blank check and lets them bipass NXT. They're making too much money on the indies. WWE would also probably ruin them booking wise like they've done with most guys and neuter they're social media presence.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It all depends on if and when he's ready. Someone else can speak up, I haven't seen anything out there that suggests this is in the offing. In fact, last I heard from the Observer is that he still wants another fight in UFC. But I hope to hell I wouldn't hear about it before it happened.

They haven't announced an opponent for Omega at that show, yet they've never moved tickets at the rate they have for that show. If they want to set the world on fire, that would certainly do it. It would definitely have to either be the feud or the partnership they would have to do right at the start.
There's no Punk news or anything, just the normal Bullet Club teasing that has happened before.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I can't see the Bucks ever going to WWE unless Vince hands them a blank check and lets them bipass NXT. They're making too much money on the indies. WWE would also probably ruin them booking wise like they've done with most guys and neuter they're social media presence.

I'd say there was a chance before the Hot Topic deal. Now? I don't see it. They're all making so much money without the WWE.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When's the last time a match got a negative? Was it the Villaino III retirement match?

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I have no right to question Gedo or New Japan but why even put Yano in a tournament like G-1? I personally don't think it's the time or place for comedy matches

Nakamura

May 14, 2017
There's some dude on Japanese commentary in Day 13 with the most raspy ass voice I've ever heard. Kind of jarring.

That is Honma. He had a crush injury to his larynx from years back, I believe. He is currently recovering from a spinal injury from earlier this year.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI

Couldn't believe how quickly it sold out. I might be buying off the secondary market.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sounding like it might be Omega/Juice for the US Title.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Bullet Club (Cody, Page, Bucks, Kenny) are doing a live Q&A on YT right now. Everyone in super casual wear and Cody is there in a vest, tie and dress pants lol.

lol, question about whether The Bucks would want to work SD or Raw if they were free agents, Cody chimes in "Tuesdays are much less stressful".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad