Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 2 [NJPW G1 Special in San Francisco July 7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
TNA is taping 12 weeks of TV, which takes them up to Bound for Glory, starting Thursday this week. They've got some interesting problems.

Del Rio has been stripped of their world title, and is still suspended. So they've got that to sort out. But John Morrison is going to be there, and is probably going to feature big. AAA and LU letting him go on TNA TV as their champion is interesting.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
pretty sure he's putting all 3 titles on the line in 2 weeks.. and dropping them.
AAA as usual, screwed with Taya and they're not happy. not sure what the contract situations are...

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah, that was a mess. But since then he's worked for them again and they made it some kind of story. I don't follow AAA so I've no idea what actually happened on the show.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Via Meltzer, end of G1:

Tanahashi/Naito *****
Okada/Omega 3 ******
Naito/Omega *****3/4

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Via Meltzer, end of G1:

Tanahashi/Naito *****
Okada/Omega 3 ******
Naito/Omega *****3/4

starting to care a little less about Dave's ratings when he gives O/O 3 the same ratings as their first bout, and a better rating than the final

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
starting to care a little less about Dave's ratings when he gives O/O 3 the same ratings as their first bout, and a better rating than the final
Strange stance to take on it. He says he liked it better and rated it better, there isn't really anything to actually 'care' about. Especially when you're splitting hairs between two insanely good matches that are literally off the charts good.

That being said, if you are at the point where you can actually care less about his rating he'd probably tell you that you already care too much :P.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i prefered Okada and Omega than the actual final too. but it doesnt really matter what he thinks, really.
all amazing matches. matter of opinions.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Overall, the tournament was solid. I just thought it was too much wrestling to watch in such a short time though. Some matches I would have watched any day, but when I'm trying to catch up, no choice but to skip ahead.

Best parts of the G1 were Ibushi matches, Tanahashi matches, Muffinass, everything Naito, Omega, Okada, Nagata's brilliance at 49, Muffinass, Juice freaking Robinson, Elgin having top matches, and Muffinass.

Came around a bit on ZSJ too who I didn't like in the CWC.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
NJPW has announced the full cards for the three Destruction shows, and two for matches for King of Pro Wrestling. The Destruction cards have your usual array of tag matches, so I've just listed the title matches:

Destruction in Fukushima - 10th September
Minoru Suzuki vs Michael Elgin - NEVER Openweight title
EVIL, SANADA and BUSHI vs Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano and Rocky Romero - NEVER Six Man titles
War Machine vs Guerillas of Destiny vs Killer Elite Squad - IWGP Tag Team titles

Destruction in Hiroshima - 16th September
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Zack Sabre Jr. - IWGP Intercontinental title
KUSHIDA vs El Desperado - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight title
War Machine vs Guerillas of Destiny and Killer Elite Squad - IWGP Tag Team titles
Ricochet and Ryusuke Taguchi vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru and Taichi - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team titles

Destruction in Kobe - 24th September
Kenny Omega vs Juice Robinson - IWGP United States title
War Machine vs Guerillas of Destiny vs Killer Elite Squad - IWGP Tag Team titles

King of Pro Wrestling - 9th October
Kazuchika Okada vs EVIL - IWGP Heavyweight title
Tetsuya Naito vs Tomohiro Ishii - Tokyo Dome match briefcase

Full cards here.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah, they are all matches that we expected to see. It's almost like Gedo uses logic in his booking^^.

I'm really hoping Sabre Jr. gets the win, would really push him solidly into that second tier of guys there.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
AAA gets screwed with a certain boxing match this saturday, in their biggest night of the year (lol) so Televisa Deportes decided to not show it.
TripleMania is gonna air now free on Twitch, inlcuding English commentary.
(seriously this guys....)

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i wouldnt mind Striker and Vampiro, they do a good job on LU, but im guessing Vampiro is too ****ing busy backstage to do a live show.

whatever, the magic is in spanish anyways.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
AAA gets screwed with a certain boxing match this saturday, in their biggest night of the year (lol) so Televisa Deportes decided to not show it.
TripleMania is gonna air now free on Twitch, inlcuding English commentary.
(seriously this guys....)

They moved up the time of the show as well. It's supposed to be an afternoon start and end in time for people to get home for the fight.

Probably would get more money just showing the fight in the arena.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
havent heard when it starts, but its a 7 hour show. (2+5)
Televisa (network) promised AAA to air the main event after the boxing match, so im guessing its not that early and the event still could go or end during the boxing show.

anyways, okay card. the two main events should deliver. a TLC triple threat for the belts and dr. wagner jr putting the mask on the line vs psycho clown

--
was watching WCPW.... that card was stacked.
love how everyone gets tournaments right and WWE derps it.... i guess the main show only. Uk, CWC and Tags on nxt have been fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad