Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 2 [NJPW G1 Special in San Francisco July 7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
At least with NJPW there's a big gap between the 'must see' shows. After the G1 there isn't anything much until the Destruction shows in late September, then King of Pro-Wrestling and Power Struggle are the only big shows between then and Wrestle Kingdom.

So taking your time is perfectly fine really, just make sure you get done before the end of the year^^.
Yeah, I just don't want spoilers so I want to hurry up lol

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
explain this

20170825a.jpg

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
saw the young bucks live at IWS... same day WWE came to town. sold out.
they put on a crazy show, as expected. beautiful match with the ********* de Team who retained their IWS tag team titles.
Bucks put over their friends Owens and Zayn "that convinced them to come to montreal, despite being super busy"

LAX announced for their (IWS) October show.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
So the final three G1 shows are on the 11th, 12th, and 13th. And in a totally unexpected and completely surprising turn of events, the final day will decide who wins both blocks. It's almost like it's scripted...

Block A comes down to Tanahashi vs Naito. Both are on 12 points, so the winner will advance. (The tie breaker is head to head, so I assume we'll get a winner here to avoid any awkward questions about second tie breakers.)

Block B comes down to Okada vs Omega. Okada with 13 points, and Omega with 12. The winner advances, but Okada will advance with a draw.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wrestle Kingdom is either going to be Omega/Okada 4 or Naito/Okada, so I think we'll know who wins it based on what happens in Omega/Okada 3. Evil beating Okada kind of lends to using that as a set up for Naito.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Naito for sure imo.

I don't know what's in store for Kenny at WK. Ibushi? Maybe. Elite vs. OG Bullet Club? Not likely.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I have to believe there's going to be a pay off at some point with what Tama Tonga is doing re: The Elite. Don't think it happens at WK but I do believe eventually Omega and the Bucks are going to split.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The end goal is probably Cody vs Omega, but it's far too soon to do it. It needs at least a year's more build, and the end result has to be either Omega/Elite leaving, or 'reunification'. Bullet Club can't lose as it's far too valuable to get rid of.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Bullet Club won't lose in any scenario, they'll just re-load. Much like they did when the Bucks turned on Devitt and AJ came aboard, and then the entire Club turned on AJ and Omega took over.

If there's one thing NJPW can do, it's keep continuity with their storylines and wrestlers.

I wouldn't be opposed to Cody/Omega, and if any match happens between inter-club members it'll probably be them but I'd rather it be Tama Tonga/Omega.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Naito for sure imo.

I don't know what's in store for Kenny at WK. Ibushi? Maybe. Elite vs. OG Bullet Club? Not likely.

In the latter scenario, who would be the 3rd man for OG Bullet Club? Yujiro? He's the next most tenured. It would have to be him or Chase Owens. You could go with Tanga Roa and do Fale/GOD vs The Elite, but he's not anywhere close to OG.

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
In the latter scenario, who would be the 3rd man for OG Bullet Club? Yujiro? He's the next most tenured. It would have to be him or Chase Owens. You could go with Tanga Roa and do Fale/GOD vs The Elite, but he's not anywhere close to OG.

It only happens if Omega/Bucks decide to head to WWE imo. In which case, Rhodes takes over BC. So it'd be Rhodes led Bullet Club with two OG members vs. The Elite.

It pretty much boils down to The Elite being kicked out and the focus being on the Bullet Club as a unit again, not The Elite.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
No desire to see Bucks or Omega in WWE. CM Punk in the Bullet Club on the other hand...

Tama Tonga has a great entrance. Love the music, the dancing, and especially the announcer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad