All-Purpose News Thread Part II

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
The longer she waits, the more developed Jade Cargill and Lash Legend will be by then. Not to mention Bianca. Unless she's waiting for her to get pregnant. :laugh:
Are these three women(or women similar enough to them) the only ones she is allowed to work with or is that just how you see the world?

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
NJPW press release:

New Japan Pro-Wrestling is deeply saddened to learn of the sudden passing of Yutaka Yoshie backstage after an All Japan Pro-Wrestling event on March 10. He was 50.

From Maebashi in Gunma, Yoshie trained in the famed Animal Hamaguchi gym before entering the NJPW debut in February 1994 and debuting opposite Satoshi Kojima in Tokushima December 9 that year.

On his return from international excursion, he would join Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi and Masakazu Fukuda in the G-EGGS stable. In June 2003, Yoshie teamed with Hiroshi Tanahashi to win the IWGP Tag team Championships.

Leaving NJPW in January 2006, Yoshie wrestled in All Japan, Zero1-MAX (where he and former NJPW World English broadcaster Steve Corino won tag gold) DRAGONGATE and more. In 2006, he joined Tatsumi Fujinami’s Muga World Wrestling (Dradition) promotion before again wrestling as a freelancer from 2009 until his passing. In 2015 he and Akebono became AJPW’s 69th World Tag Team Champions.

At 180 cm and 160kg, Yoshie was a true gentle giant whose bright disposition, contrasted with powerful in-ring offense made him a popular figure wherever he went.

The deepest sympathies of all at New Japan Pro-Wrestling go to Yoshie’s family, friends and fans.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023

Was he the one that Big Show slammed on SD, looked stiff as a board the entire time, and then no-sold the slam and popped right back up?

The most memorable part of that segment was Big Show looking at Al Snow as if to say "If they don't start selling I'm gonna make them." The next guy no-sold, popped right back up, and got the living shit chopped out of him. :laugh:

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Was he the one that Big Show slammed on SD, looked stiff as a board the entire time, and then no-sold the slam and popped right back up?

The most memorable part of that segment was Big Show looking at Al Snow as if to say "If they don't start selling I'm gonna make them." The next guy no-sold, popped right back up, and got the living shit chopped out of him. :laugh:

I can't say that I ever remember seeing him, I might have been on a wrestling hiatus at that point

I don't know that Big Show would be a guy I would pick to go into business for myself against, but I guess there is a reason these guys are wrestlers and not brain surgeons

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I can't say that I ever remember seeing him, I might have been on a wrestling hiatus at that point

I don't know that Big Show would be a guy I would pick to go into business for myself against, but I guess there is a reason these guys are wrestlers and not brain surgeons

I had to pull it back up. Rodimer is the main problem in the segment, but I don't think he chops anybody. He does drop an elbow on one guy and then drops a knee on Rodimer because a bunch of them were no-selling and it looked like Rodimer sandbagged him. (Probably not on purpose, just sucked)

It's the season Miz and Ryback were in. Apparently that group didn't get the memo, because it's the same season where Puder went into business for himself on a broken down Kurt Angle.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I had to pull it back up. Rodimer is the main problem in the segment, but I don't think he chops anybody. He does drop an elbow on one guy and then drops a knee on Rodimer because a bunch of them were no-selling and it looked like Rodimer sandbagged him. (Probably not on purpose, just sucked)

It's the season Miz and Ryback were in. Apparently that group didn't get the memo, because it's the same season where Puder went into business for himself on a broken down Kurt Angle.
That last part is very misleading: They did an eating contest right before that and brought them out so Vince and the company could get their jollies having them get stretched and puking by Angle. What they didn't count on was Puder turning the tables on him because he knew MMA holds and Angle didn't. Of course when he won they bullied and buried him out of the company.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
That last part is very misleading: They did an eating contest right before that and brought them out so Vince and the company could get their jollies having them get stretched and puking by Angle. What they didn't count on was Puder turning the tables on him because he knew MMA holds and Angle didn't. Of course when he won they bullied and buried him out of the company.

1. He didn't win. It was literally billed as "Shoot" wrestling and he pinned himself lol. Yes, he'd have broken Angle's arm, but he put himself in a losing position to do it.

2. If you believe Angle, and he does have the medical history to back it up, he was completely f***ed up at that point physically.

3. Gold medal Olympic wrestler is still trumping "Man who knows MMA holds". LOL. What the f*** even is this?

Reactions: Jussi and CDJ

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
1. He didn't win. It was literally billed as "Shoot" wrestling and he pinned himself lol. Yes, he'd have broken Angle's arm, but he put himself in a losing position to do it.

2. If you believe Angle, and he does have the medical history to back it up, he was completely f***ed up at that point physically.

3. Gold medal Olympic wrestler is still trumping "Man who knows MMA holds". LOL. What the f*** even is this?
By "won" I was referring to the Tough Enough competition itself. He was then hazed at the Rumble and one of the participants in said hazing would go on to murder his family before offing himself. Other than that you are either trolling, ignorant or some combination of both so I won't waste anymore time on this. People can read the wrestling career section here and judge for themselves what happened:

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
By "won" I was referring to the Tough Enough competition itself. He was then hazed at the Rumble and one of the participants in said hazing would go on to murder his family before offing himself. Other than that you are either trolling, ignorant or some combination of both so I won't waste anymore time on this. People can read the wrestling career section here and judge for themselves what happened:

Yes... I'm "Trolling" by pointing out that that particular season of Tough Enough had multiple contestants that either didn't understand the business or deliberately went into business for themselves. This coming from Mr. "Kurt Angle couldn't handle a guy that knows actual MMA holds".

Get help lol.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I can assure you Kurt Angle knows “mma holds”, there was a time he was considering joining the ufc

When you’re not expecting a guy to kimura you because it’s a completely different sport it’s pretty easy to get kimura’d! This coming from a guy who kimura’s white belt high schoolers

• Haha
Reactions: sabremike

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I can assure you Kurt Angle knows “mma holds”, there was a time he was considering joining the ufc

When you’re not expecting a guy to kimura you because it’s a completely different sport it’s pretty easy to get kimura’d! This coming from a guy who kimura’s white belt high schoolers

I'm more laughing at the fact that Brock had about 15-20 minutes to try to take Angle down and failed, but we're taking it seriously that Puder put him in a kimura in what was clearly supposed to be a work, but Puder missed the memo.

Side note, I like his framing of how when Puder shoots on Angle and nearly breaks his arm while he's working hurt, it's cool, but when Eddie/Benoit/Holly essentially give him the typical Gunther stiff work, Puder's the poor victim.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

You've completely missed the point: the segment was designed for guys to get the crap kicked out of them and it backfired. In fact what the company did was shitty to Angle as they put him in a bad situation that was totally reckless.

• Haha
Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You've completely missed the point
The point is that Vince and the veterans are weirdos trying to bully rookies, I understand that. I’m just telling you you’re factually incorrect about Angle not knowing MMA holds, he wasn’t expecting to be kimura’d. Had nothing to do with a lack of knowledge of what a kimura is like you claimed. He just didn’t think that possibility was even on the table and once it’s locked in like that it’s locked in

Puder seems to be a solid guy these days so it’s probably for the best he got out of wrestling

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Maybe this needs spoiler tags, but reddit user alexyy77 has posted (7 days ago)the HoF list and so far has been spot on with their "predictions"

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Reactions: Mrfenn92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad