Rumor: ALL PURPOSE JT MILLER THREAD PT2 - It's Been 84 Years....

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
The Nazem Kadri status block everything.
As soon Kadri get signed other players will find their new location.
I honestly don’t think this is the case. Same thing was said after Fiala was traded, Gaudreau signed, and Tkachuk was traded. Vancouver saying they’re willing to wait until a month before the trade deadline is telling as well.

I think the biggest issue for them now is finding a team Miller is willing to extend with and then coming up with a reasonable trade package.

Miller & Garland for Bratt, Severson & 2nd rd. pick in 2023?
I’d do Severson, Sharangovich, + 2nd but that’s my cap. Bratt will be a Devil. Just playing hardball right now.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
No, the isles arent trading Dobson for Miller.

Would you trade Quinn Hughes for 1 year of Miller?

Didnt think so.

Canuck fans needs to give it a rest with Dobson, hes not being moved.
As a nucks fan, I concur. . Isles would be nuts to move Dobson at all unless it’s a ridiculous overpay that would make it not worth it. I’m kind of surprised to see the continued offers for him given that isles fans have been very clear that it’s a non starter.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
I honestly don’t think this is the case. Same thing was said after Fiala was traded, Gaudreau signed, and Tkachuk was traded. Vancouver saying they’re willing to wait until a month before the trade deadline is telling as well.

I think the biggest issue for them now is finding a team Miller is willing to extend with and then coming up with a reasonable trade package.

I’d do Severson, Sharangovich, + 2nd but that’s my cap. Bratt will be a Devil. Just playing hardball right now.

The latter is a terrible deal for both Miller AND Garland

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
No, the isles arent trading Dobson for Miller.

Would you trade Quinn Hughes for 1 year of Miller?

Didnt think so.

Canuck fans needs to give it a rest with Dobson, hes not being moved.
I know where your coming from, but why do most people assume JT is just a 1 year rental...your team has literally almost a year to resign the player. If your team is giving up assets in the summer to get him I'd have to think they also would like an extension.

Come TDL 2023, that is totally different as it could be for a cup run and that is all.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
The Nazem Kadri status block everything.
As soon Kadri get signed other players will find their new location.
Not really. Other centers on the UFA market got signed without waiting for Kadri.

The reality is that JR/Allvin overplayed their hand with Miller, and now every club has made their big move and/or are capped-out.

Miller should've been traded at the deadline as a two playoff run rental to a contender.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
I know where your coming from, but why do most people assume JT is just a 1 year rental...your team has literally almost a year to resign the player. If your team is giving up assets in the summer to get him I'd have to think they also would like an extension.

Come TDL 2023, that is totally different as it could be for a cup run and that is all.
Right but unless he’s traded with an extension in place his value in trade is that of a 1 year UFA contract. How valuable that is depends on who you ask. As a Devils fan I’m just happy Fitzgerald didn’t think that value is 2nd OA + as was being suggested leading up to the draft.

Reactions: WangMustGo

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island

Sure they could extend him, but he still isnt returning Dobson.

When you trade a player with a year left, you arent going to get the value of a player that is signed long term. Miller is a great player, and would upgrade the Isles roster, but there is no chance the isles move Dobson from him.

Anyone that thinks Dobson is available needs to watch him play, he was excellent last season. He is very much like a young Pietrangelo, you dont trade guys like him. You build your team around them.

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
I'm wondering if there's a deal there to be made between the Canucks and the Blue Jackets?

The BJ's have a lot of good prospects and could also use a guy to center Gaudreau and Laine.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Yes from this Canucks fan.

You can probably move Seversson for a 1st+ at the deadline if you can't sign him long term.
I agree; however, I would try and get a conditional 1st instead of a flat 2nd. Same condition as the pick we traded for JT in 2019.

MatthewMurdock

Jul 25, 2022
I agree; however, I would try and get a conditional 1st instead of a flat 2nd. Same condition as the pick we traded for JT in 2019.
Meh, I think Bratt > Miller in terms of value and Severson + 2nd for Garland is fine. I would do this and run away laughing actually.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Meh, I think Bratt > Miller in terms of value and Severson + 2nd for Garland is fine. I would do this and run away laughing actually.
I don't think I would agree with that. He's staring down the barrel of a long term extension, basically in the Boeser spot - albeit coming off a season better than anything Boeser has shown and seems to be progressing rather than flatlining.

Miller, although IMO clearly better on the wing, can be sold as a guy who can play center and is top ten in scoring over the previous three years. I also think there's a "how much value do smaller skilled wingers truly have" thing that still applies.

I see it as Bratt + for Miller and Garland for Severson

MatthewMurdock

Jul 25, 2022
I don't think I would agree with that. He's staring down the barrel of a long term extension, basically in the Boeser spot - albeit coming off a season better than anything Boeser has shown and seems to be progressing rather than flatlining.

Miller, although IMO clearly better on the wing, can be sold as a guy who can play center and is top ten in scoring over the previous three years. I also think there's a "how much value do smaller skilled wingers truly have" thing that still applies.

I see it as Bratt + for Miller and Garland for Severson
Jesper Bratt turned 24 yesterday JT Miller is 29. Both are looking for long term contracts, who would you rather sign?

Kevin Fiala got a very good return, I don't think the "small winger market" applies as much to sub 25 year old play drivers.

If the Canucks traded JT Miller for Jesper Bratt straight up I would celebrate.

Reactions: Sinbin19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad