Rumor: ALL PURPOSE JT MILLER THREAD PT2 - It's Been 84 Years....

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I consider Miller to be more or less the same quality of center as Zibanejad. Miller puts up more points, but isn't as complete of a player.

Regardless of whether that's around 10th, 15th or 20th best center, that's a great addition to any team.

If the team can sign Miller to a decent deal, i hope they move Horvat. Unlike Miller, whose perceived as a worse player than he is, Horvat is perceived as a better player than he is (he's obviously a very good player).
Find a team willing to pay Miller $8.5M AAV for the next seven to eight seasons.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
That’s Miller’s agents job. After Kadri’s deal is announced I think we may see the Miller camp having a change of heart on their apparent ask.
If Vancouver wants to maximize their return, it is in their best interests to work with Barlett to find a team willing to pay Miller. Calgary and Florida worked together to get Tkachuk the 8th year.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
If Vancouver wants to maximize their return, it is in their best interests to work with Barlett to find a team willing to pay Miller. Calgary and Florida worked together to get Tkachuk the 8th year.
For sure, and Rutherford even said as much in his most recent interview. I just have a feeling that teams are shying away from the 7/8 year deals for 30+ year old players and Miller and his agent may be in for a rude awakening.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Just responding to the "I didn't actually watch any games but found some online stats that suit my narrative" crowd

#owned
Did you use a hashtag on a message board?

I didn’t use online stats, I used examples of where he was listed as a LW, simply in response to someone telling me he was a center 80% of the time and only sent a link where he was lumped in with centers.

Thanks for wondering in in the middle of a conversation like a child wandering into the middle of a movie.

Lose the hashtag, and you certainly didn’t own anyone. Especially not on a message board, super weird flex.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour

I didn’t use online stats, I used examples of where he was listed as a LW, simply in response to someone telling me he was a center 80% of the time and only sent a link where he was lumped in with centers.

Thanks for wondering in in the middle of a conversation like a child wandering into the middle of a movie.

Lose the hashtag, and you certainly didn’t own anyone. Especially not on a message board, super weird flex.

Dang you need to come out with an $$99 online course titled "How to Be a Keyboard Warrior......One Post at a Time" running ads to skinny guys under 130lbs. With your real life experience you'd crush it dude.......

Congrats on the deflection as well - masterful. Your commentary is on par value wise with the Van posters asking for Dobson + a first for Miller at 50%...........

Is the 17 in your handle your age? I can only assume so - better hope your Mom doesn't find out what you've been up to on here.....tsk tsk tsk

#keyboardwarrriors #yupmyhashtagsareheretostay #hardflexuhhuh

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Dang you need to come out with an $$99 online course titled "How to Be a Keyboard Warrior......One Post at a Time" running ads to skinny guys under 130lbs. With your real life experience you'd crush it dude.......

Congrats on the deflection as well - masterful. Your commentary is on par value wise with the Van posters asking for Dobson + a first for Miller at 50%...........

Is the 17 in your handle your age? I can only assume so - better hope your Mom doesn't find out what you've been up to on here.....tsk tsk tsk

#keyboardwarrriors #yupmyhashtagsareheretostay #hardflexuhhuh
You know about the existence of these course? Outstanding, give me the research you’ve clearly done on em, would love to see what you put together…Keyboard warrior? You literally wrote #owned, but yeah I’m the keyboard warrior. Lmao.

What does my age have to do with anything in regards to the actual discussion? That’s a deflection your ad hominem.

I pointed out I was simply using the same useless tact that poster was using by showing a random website that shows him as a center. But keep going you absolutely get it.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
You know about the existence of these course? Outstanding, give me the research you’ve clearly done on em, would love to see what you put together…Keyboard warrior? You literally wrote #owned, but yeah I’m the keyboard warrior. Lmao.

What does my age have to do with anything in regards to the actual discussion? That’s a deflection your ad hominem.

I pointed out I was simply using the same useless tact that poster was using by showing a random website that shows him as a center. But keep going you absolutely get it.
He played center last year… why are you debating this? It’s a fact. Doesn’t mean he hasn’t played wing majority of his career, just that last year he moved full time to center. At center, he had a career year.

Want proof? Look at faceoffs taken.

Also using random websites or tweets from nonCanucks related media isn’t proof he didn’t play center. Try CanucksArmy for example. Certainly an odd hill to die on.

Want more proof? NHL official profile

Last edited:

cc

Feb 28, 2002
He played center last year… why are you debating this? It’s a fact. Doesn’t mean he hasn’t played wing majority of his career, just that last year he moved full time to center. At center, he had a career year.

Want proof? Look at faceoffs taken.

Also using random websites or tweets from nonCanucks related media isn’t proof he didn’t play center. Try CanucksArmy for example.
Agreed. During his time with the Canucks, I think he was used as a center the entire time

It's easy to see how he's utilized just by watching the games. Even when he was playing on the same line as EP40, he was taking all the faceoffs. He's arguably more of a centre than EP40 is

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Agreed. During his time with the Canucks, I think he was used as a center the entire time

It's easy to see how he's utilized just by watching the games. Even when he was playing on the same line as EP40, he was taking all the faceoffs. He's arguably more of a centre than EP40 is
It’s also odd to claim he played wing with Horvat when they only played together on the PP and not at all outside of that. Each of Miller, Horvat and EP centered their own lines. The 5 on 5 data tracks that. Not sure where the proof exists he was a winger last year.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Miller had 667 Face Off wins last season, 24th most in the NHL. That’s a lot for a guy who doesn’t play center.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
JT-Miller.jpg

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
Miller played more wing than center for the Rangers. Miller barely played in the middle for the Rangers. Even when the Rangers traded Stepan to Arizona and they needed another center behind Zibanejad, the Rangers moved Hayes up in the lineup. They kept Miller on the wing. AV didn't trust him defensively.
And boy howdy let me tell you he has not improved one iota defensively since his time with you either. He was a winger for you and therefore all the time he spent at center for us last year is nullified.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Miller played more wing than center for the Rangers. Miller barely played in the middle for the Rangers. Even when the Rangers traded Stepan to Arizona and they needed another center behind Zibanejad, the Rangers moved Hayes up in the lineup. They kept Miller on the wing. AV didn't trust him defensively.
That was 5 years ago and is pretty much irrelevant at this point.
He’s a completely different player.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Oh cool you found something that listed him as a center, this lists him as a LW. You really made your case.

Weird that the Canucks bloggers feel a center should have been in the running for LW rankings
Why are you arguing Canucks fans who watch the very team JT is on. Miller played C all year for Vancouver, in years past he took faceoffs and then allowed Pettersson to be the C after the draw

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Why are you arguing Canucks fans who watch the very team JT is on. Miller played C all year for Vancouver, in years past he took faceoffs and then allowed Pettersson to be the C after the draw
No one cares, I’ve already moved on. He’ll be a Canuck for like ten more minutes. Literally does the entire Vancouver area have nothing better to do than sit on HFBoards and wait to correct people about a player who is on his way out?

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna

Weird he got thrown into the LW category here

post all those you want, JT played C ALL YEAR for Vancouver/

No one cares, I’ve already moved on. He’ll be a Canuck for like ten more minutes. Literally does the entire Vancouver area have nothing better to do than sit on HFBoards and wait to correct people about a player who is on his way out?
its a hockey forum, why are you trying to talk about anoter teams player like you know everything about the team and who plays where when you clearly don't.

Talk about someone with time on their hands...

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
post all those you want, JT played C ALL YEAR for Vancouver/

its a hockey forum, why are you trying to talk about anoter teams player like you know everything about the team and who plays where when you clearly don't.

Talk about someone with time on their hands...
He played plenty of wing, it’s really not that deep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad