Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread | 2017-18 PGA Tour schedule in post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Lucas Glover's wife is charged with domestic violence after 'attacking' him for playing a poor round | Daily Mail Online

Lucas told deputies how 'when he plays a bad round of golf, Krista proceeds to start an altercation with him and telling him how he is a loser and a p***y, how he needs to fire everyone, and how he'd better win or her and the kids would leave him and he would never see the kids again,' the report reads.

'Wait till the tour (PGA) hears about this,' she yelled, according to the report. 'You will lose your job. This is why cops get shot in the face. Wait till I talk with the judge, you will be f***ng fired over this.'
What a piece of shit his wife is.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
rumors on the internet are that Glover was caught cheating on his first wife with multiple Nike employees. The 2nd time he was caught, another woman, his new wife was pregnant. Glover apparently checked into the same sex rehab place that Tiger went to.

That's when the 1st wife left.

Lucas Glover-doing the Tiger thing?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
and lost 3 strokes on the green.

Thats what happens when you are coached by McCormick.

In all seriousness, he's a good putter usually. I suspect there's just a big difference between what one faces on the PGA Tour and Junior, College, Amateur golf. He's in with a chance to make the cut though after an even par 71, which would be a good accomplishment for a 17 year old in his first PGA Tour event. He recently returned from an injury, as well, so his form isn't great.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was joking. I said as much in my original post. They are both excellent putters.

The only thing I'd say is I think Jordan is making his putter problems bigger than they are with all the effort he's putting into "fixing his putting." Technique could be a problem, and I'm sure it probably was, but putting is about feel. If you are putting in hours and hours on your technique for six months, I think you've probably put too much time into it, and you just need to try to hit good putts, and see what happens. Stop making such a big deal about your technique. Thats my amateur take on Jordan's putting problems.

Jan 3, 2012
Steven Bowditch has to the worst two time winner on tour. The guy is always shooting high and missing cuts? It's kinda like Kaufmann, except for Bowditch this has gone on for years.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rose will be that golfer "who had a very underrated career" when the 2000-2025 era of golf is discussed in the future.

Second best English golfer ever as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Rose will be that golfer "who had a very underrated career" when the 2000-2025 era of golf is discussed in the future.

Second best English golfer ever as far as I'm concerned.

He'll have a great chance to reach #1 in the OWGR over the next few tournaments with how compact it is at the top right now.. Can get there as early as next week.

I'd probably agree that he's the second best Englishmen. His only real competition is those old guys who played in the late 1800s... Harry Vardon was pretty dominant but it's so hard to compare across a 100+ year age difference that it's just easier to give the benefit of the doubt to the guy who played in the much more competitive modern era.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Molinari winning the BMW PGA probably locks him in for the Ryder Cup. If he doesn't make it on points he should be an easy choice for a captain's pick since he will have a high OWGR spot, he's won a good tournament this year, and he's a familiar name. So that locks in a name that might not have made it otherwise. Rory, Rose, Rahm, Hatton, Sergio, Fleetwood, Noren, & Molinari are all in on points as of right now. Casey, Poulter, and Stenson are probably locks. I think Alexander Levy would be the final pick in that case because he's a decent European Tour player and he's French. That would be a much stronger team IMO than what they had in 2016.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
My initial gut reaction was Rose by a good margin but after thinking about it, I'm not sure. I think their careers are comparable, maybe slightly favouring Rose because of his consistent play in majors, but Stenson peaked higher than Rose ever did with his finish to the 2013 season. Plus, the 2016 Open is on the shortlist for greatest major performances of all time. I guess I'd go Stenson because I prefer peak > career in most cases (same reason I take Tiger over Nicklaus).

But Rose is also five years younger, so he has more than enough time to pull ahead. In fact, that's probably what will happen.

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl
Jan 3, 2012
I'd say its really close. Rose has suprisingly good major results, including 8 consecutive top 25s at augusta, including 4 top tens and two seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad