Pre-Game Talk: Bruins - Leafs, Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Just had to endure 6 years of analytic garbage that lead to perpetual failure.

You had your turn. Lol
Analytic garbage indeed, follow Pitsburgh if your into grapgs and pie charts…….

I don't mind analytics, provided they are used to supplement the eye test/traditional analysis. Analytics on their own are useless imo.
Dubas used the eye test like a submarine pilot uses the wall in front of him to navigate…….

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018

Lily out ? He's been really bad, he was my biggest worry this playoffs, Boston has been abusing me.

Keefe has to choose between Lilly and Brodie, can't have them both in. Brodie is at least rested, he can play deep minutes, kill penalties and is a little sharper (usually) with the puck. It's his lack of physicality that is his achilles heel.

Yes, as I suspected with Lilly, Boston runs him as they have before. That's their book on him.

I would not break up the 4th, Robertson should be the top candidate for guy out if Willy comes back.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I saw Brodie might play over Lili. I mean it sucks Lili is out but to the people who say Lybushkin should be out instead need to wake up. Rielly and Brodie should never see the ice together ever again. Lybushkin and Rielly are 10x better togther than Rielly and Brodie. McCabe and Benoit are pretty much glued to each other at this point and have been one of our better pairs and more consistent ones. Also helps they've been paired together the longest. Edmundson has been probably our best defender this series so that's not happening. Lili hasn't exactly done himself any favours but if Brodie is the one coming in then it can't be for Boosh.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I base my opinions on what i see, not some other team’s fanbase. He took dome hits that would have sent any if the cord four into the ICU thenother night, forget talent, he’s ten times ss tough as the aforementioned core…..
I have no idea how tough he is, because that's a pretty arbitrary judgment to make. They all seem to be about equal when it comes to offensive output.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I saw Brodie might play over Lili. I mean it sucks Lili is out but to the people who say Lybushkin should be out instead need to wake up. Rielly and Brodie should never see the ice together ever again. Lybushkin and Rielly are 10x better togther than Rielly and Brodie. McCabe and Benoit are pretty much glued to each other at this point and have been one of our better pairs and more consistent ones. Also helps they've been paired together the longest. Edmundson has been probably our best defender this series so that's not happening. Lili hasn't exactly done himself any favours but if Brodie is the one coming in then it can't be for Boosh.
He must play and he will. You don't take out a Russian Bear who just had a new baby Cub. He will be ready.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
thing is with the talent on this team we shouldn't really need to practice too much on the PP, just let there talent come out. the problem could be over coaching the PP and there thinking to much or forcing things there being asked to do rather then just let there talent take over.

also the PK is bad because the players on the team are not good at it, and two days of practice are not going to improve it. doesn't mean you shouldn't practice it but that is a player personnel issue that was never addressed in the summer or trade deadline.
PP1 should be the first line plus Nylander and anybody who can shoot the puck on the point. Forget all the drop back passes.Dump it in and have Domi and Bertuzzi go get it.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Good to see Brodie in for liljegren. Liljegren hasn’t been good anough and Brodie should be able to deal with the physicality better. Hopefully he is rejuvenated and can find past form. If he can that pairing with Ed could be solid.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
I think playing Nylander on the third line is a big mistake, the second line has been garbage and needs another threat. Not only that but with Nylander on the second line with Tavares and Marner they will have to cover Nylander all the time which will open up more ice and space for Tavares and Marner and Boston won't be able to double-team Marner at times.

Domi - Matthews - Bertuzzi
Nylander - Tavares - Marner
Knies - Jarnkrok - Robertson
Dewar - Kampf - Reaves

Rielly - Lyubushkin
Benoit - McCabe
Brodie - Edmundson
Sorry, do not agree. With Nylander on the 3rd line, either he will face lesser competition, or if Boston has to change their lineup because of Willy, that will help the other lines. It’s a win-win!

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Good to see Brodie in for liljegren. Liljegren hasn’t been good anough and Brodie should be able to deal with the physicality better. Hopefully he is rejuvenated and can find past form. If he can that pairing with Ed could be solid.
But I’m worried about him playing on the right side.

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
Having Nylander back should help the PP and while Brodie has pretty much been a tire fire, he's still better than Lily.

Reactions: Cleetus

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Having Nylander back should help the PP and while Brodie has pretty much been a tire fire, he's still better than Lily.
Lilly had his shot. Keefe had to choose one or the other, both in would be a real problem. Boston has always worked on Lilly and it has been effective.

Also, Brodie has to be chomping at the bit, and, he is an underrated passer. I just hope he brings his A game, especially on the PK because he knows he has a contract to play for, be it here or elsewhere.

Reactions: ClarkSittler

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Willy was part of the playoff PP unit in the previous years and the PP sucked. He isn't going to help, it's clearly a system/coaching problem.

Reactions: egd27

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Wishing won’t make it so.

Brodie will get creamed .

Reactions: Magic Man

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I’m still shocked that Dekes didn’t follow his man, Dubas, to Pittsburgh. Is there a chance he’s on their board as well? Lol

I’m still shocked that Dekes didn’t follow his man, Dubas, to Pittsburgh. Is there a chance he’s on their board as well? Lol

How in hell do I do these things to myself? Haha
😂

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
The home crowd isn’t constantly rocking in the building because:

A) It is very expensive for people to go so the ones that can afford to aren’t your typical fanatic.

B) The Leafs in the playoffs is not a new novelty. This isn’t 2017 when it’s the first time we made it in a real season in forever. Vancouver is going nuts because they haven’t been to a postseason game with fans in years.

C) The Leafs during the Matthews era have given very little reason for the fans to be confident or cocky when it comes to this team. It’s hard to have any swagger when the primary characteristic of this team is choking. If we had a few more playoff runs sprinkled across this cores past it’d be a different story. Instead we have one series win where fans got slightly cocky (“We Want Boston/Florida”) and the team immediately fell flat on their faces in round 2, embarrassing themselves and us.

The barn should be rocking every playoff game but it’s hard to when everyone and their mother is waiting with bated breath to see which way the Leafs will once again f*** up. Will Samsonov allow a back-breaker like Campbell and Andersen before him? Will our special teams fail again? Will we allow a goal immediately after scoring ourselves or in the dying moments of a period? So many ways things can go wrong and so often they have.

Want the fans to be loud? f***ing curb stomp Boston then like you did Tampa in Game 2 last season. Make it a party, give people a reason to be confident again. Because right now it’s looking like the same old song and dance with this team.
While I agree with what you are saying,, it is rather odd that Toronto has always been viewed as a quiet crowd, and for good reason.

Other buildings are zoo's. Buffalo is a madhouse. Out of the 7 arenas I have been to to watch hockey,, Scotia is by far the most tame.

Same with the Rogers Center outside of 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad