AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Yeah in ring A+ night...booking wise...meh...not really sure where/how things are playing out going into this next PPV...but still lots of time to see it out...

I think I will be disappointed if we are headed to YB/FTR 4? Always good matches but ready for a change and someones to take a next step

I'm rooting hard for a Best Friends/FTR finals.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
They’re charisma black holes. It’s horrible.
Makes it all the more incredible how they managed to be entertaining during the neck strong era. I think that gimmick still had some meat left on the bone when they scrapped it

Reactions: Fro

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
I haven't watched any AEW since like 2019, but I just came across a compilation video that was like ten minutes of Christian making fun of people's dead fathers and it was the greatest thing I've ever seen in wrestling.
There were many “That’s my father! Clap x5” chants at the Toronto Dynamite. The crowd was insanely loud.

Reactions: McGarnagle

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
There were many “That’s my father! Clap x5” chants at the Toronto Dynamite. The crowd was insanely loud.

I just watched that episode. Such a good match, though I think the end of the I Quit match should have been more of a twist.

Copeland has Luchasaurus, Nick Wayne and Christian handcuffed to turnbuckles. Cope should have hit Christian. Christian doesn’t quit. Then Cope hits Luchasaurus, Christian doesn’t quit. When Cope getting ready to brain Nick Wayne THAT is when Christian quits.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I just watched that episode. Such a good match, though I think the end of the I Quit match should have been more of a twist.

Copeland has Luchasaurus, Nick Wayne and Christian handcuffed to turnbuckles. Cope should have hit Christian. Christian doesn’t quit. Then Cope hits Luchasaurus, Christian doesn’t quit. When Cope getting ready to brain Nick Wayne THAT is when Christian quits.
That's exactly what I was expecting, but then I thought more about it and realized it would have been the opposite of what Christian's character is. If anything, Wayne and Luchasaurus should have been wrecked with a chair FIRST, while Christian looks on in fear...but he still shouldn't really care. If that makes sense. Christian has touted the whole father figure thing for a while, but ultimately he's always been about himself.

Christian allowing Nick Wayne and Luchasaurus to be beaten down first, and then quitting as soon as the chair/bat gets turn to himself would have been perfect for the character. Copeland goes over and moves on. Christian stays the selfish heel. Nick Wayne and Luchasaurus come out with the wheels turning in their heads to betray Christian in the near future for allowing them to be knocked out again.

EDIT: And if you wanna push Nick Wayne as an up and coming babyface, that program with Christian certainly helps.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think I agree with Dave that they need to have Mercedes talk less and wrestle more.
We still don’t know when she’s wrestling. I’m curious what her contract says about the actual number of matches because that’s the only reason why this makes sense. They’re trying to have her on the CM Punk schedule but he’s not CM Punk.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
There was a "shave your body" chant during a Nick Comoroto match during the ROH taping. Hopefully the crowd is great for Collision and Rampage which is being taped after Collision

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
…. And for whatever reason they are doing a trios match at Dynasty edge, Eddie, mark Brisco vs hob

The trios match should be on tv with the singles match getting a big fight feel on the ppv

It's probably just a card balancing thing. Pac/Okada (likely), Ospreay/Danielson, Swerve/Joe as of now are the big singles matches. Maybe they have an undercard trios match at the PPV and then the big singles match on weekly TV or DoN so there's more attention to it.

Obviously I rather see Black/Edge in a singles match at the PPV, but it is what it is.

Reactions: MAHJ71

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
…. And for whatever reason they are doing a trios match at Dynasty edge, Eddie, mark Brisco vs hob

The trios match should be on tv with the singles match getting a big fight feel on the ppv

Black already has 2 or 3 singles matches this year, he isn't contractually obligated for another until mid 2026

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
The trios could lead to Black/Cope at DON. Black magically appeared out of nowhere so he doesn't need a title match three weeks later. There's nothing wrong with a little build. Briscoe has interacted with HOB recently and cost them their match in the tag title tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad