AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't get why Brisco and Kingston are even involved? Shouldn't Kingston be trying to win his title back off Okada?

PPV isn't until the 21st. Plenty of time to do a proper build for a singles match, we don't need this trios match

This is why i get cranky with AEW. We got a month, just build a 1v1 match with a fun story.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don't get why Brisco and Kingston are even involved? Shouldn't Kingston be trying to win his title back off Okada?

PPV isn't until the 21st. Plenty of time to do a proper build for a singles match, we don't need this trios match

This is why i get cranky with AEW. We got a month, just build a 1v1 match with a fun story.
These are the things that make it seem like TK is just playing with his actions figures

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Talk about a guy who came about in the wrong era...

Edge made a post about Matt Cardona, noting that he and Brian Myers actually e-mailed him to pitch the Edgeheads. Between that and the initiative he took to get himself over on social media (When that wasn't really being done in wrestling) as Zack Ryder, and with his look, how the f*** did he never get over as at least a solid mid-card talent?

Had the look. Had the initiative. Had the charisma. The answer is, because Vince was a f***ing idiot who raged against anybody that got over on their own, and there wasn't a suitable alternative company at the time.

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I just watched the Cage/Copeland I quit Match. My main question is how is Edge able to use the Metallingus theme in AEW? I know it's not a WWE in house production, but at least the You Think You Know Me at the beginning should be their property, right? Or did he negotiate it with them somehow

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018

Edge made a post about Matt Cardona, noting that he and Brian Myers actually e-mailed him to pitch the Edgeheads. Between that and the initiative he took to get himself over on social media (When that wasn't really being done in wrestling) as Zack Ryder, and with his look, how the f*** did he never get over as at least a solid mid-card talent?

Had the look. Had the initiative. Had the charisma. The answer is, because Vince was a f***ing idiot who raged against anybody that got over on their own, and there wasn't a suitable alternative company at the time.

7-8 year old me loved Zack Ryder. He was the first wrestler I asked my parents to buy clothes for including his headband. When he got his ass whooped by Kane and then lost the US title to Swagger, I was like "uhh, he'll win it back right?" and then he got kicked in the balls by Eve at Wrestlemania a month after Cena made out with her to an extreme degree and then blamed her completely and dressed her down in front of the whole crowd. Wow, that Embrace the Hate storyline was really something.

Reactions: CDJ and dahrougem2

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I just watched the Cage/Copeland I quit Match. My main question is how is Edge able to use the Metallingus theme in AEW? I know it's not a WWE in house production, but at least the You Think You Know Me at the beginning should be their property, right? Or did he negotiate it with them somehow

The intro is his wife's voice saying "You think you know him." They changed the last word so slightly and instead of whoever did the original voice, they just have Beth saying it.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I found it odd the ROH guy announced the wrestlers for Rampage taping after she announced people during Collision. Her pending release appears to be why. Unless I was dreaming but I believe that's what happened.

Reactions: SnS

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Great work ethic, great personality, great person from the looks of things but good lord he was not even 1% believable in the ring. His kick in the corner never, ever looked real and his finisher sucked.

Wrestlers need to have a certain amount of believability to them and what they do, and Ryder in WWE never had it. You couldn't take him seriously in the ring.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I know Busted Open isn't everyone's favorite, but I was a fan of their review of the Punk interview from yesterday. I found it to be very fair and honest about things that have worked and things that are obviously not.

They openly asked for Tony to come back on weekly and discuss the shows, doubt he will, but at least they attempted to try and reach an olive branch with him.

They didn't back Punk and didn't trash him, they talked about what he brought up and put their perceptions to it. definitely gave me a different perspective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad