AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Stokely v Hook is probably the dumbest thing in AEW ... but I was smiling from the open. That was fun (even if incredibly stupid)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
El Hijo del Vikingo should be main eventing Wrestlemania

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Really damn good show. So frikin happy to see Omega back in singles comp (also his song is 10x better than Wayward Son as an entrance). He was great. Vikingo was stellar. Match was BANANAS.

Can't help but make me wonder about another super talented Mexican wrestler signed somewhat recently that we haven't seen since. Bandido is way too good to not be on TV.

I truly hope that FTR aren't on their way out of AEW at the hands of the ass boys. Really good segment though and Top Flight are consistently great. Would like to see them stop jobbing so much.

It's unfortunate that Ruby kind of already has a froggish face, the green hair doesn't help.

Pumped for Cole to be back. Not sure newly reinvented salsa dancing, ghetto drawling, leather daddy Daniel Garcia is my choice of a return match tho.

Edit. Also, Don Callis is a beaut.

Editx2: I'm digging super heel BCC

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I first saw Vikingo working a multiman opener in aaa when he must have been a 19 year old rookie.

I’ve never seen someone who I was certain was a star quicker than him. 30 seconds into the match I knew he was special. Rare and special.

Really happy to see him get some eyes on him. He’s only getting better.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Fun show. Cole v Garcia next week should be excellent. I like the set up here with Callis trying to orchestrate shit for Kenny, should make for a good story when Kenny kicks him to the curb. Main event was obviously incredible. Just high risk after high risk. Loved the BCC and Hangman stuff with the main event.

Lots of different things to be fleshed out in the coming weeks/months

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Everytime I see Aaron Solo on my TV I'm reminded that he was engaged to Bayley and fumbled that away because of the massive insecurity that he might be called "Mr. Bayley"

• Haha
Reactions: Jussi

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Dave says its 50/50 where he goes...which is just Meltzer code for he doesn't have a clue
Yeah I saw that. I'm so conflicted. I definitely want him in AEW... but where does he fit? Way too many wrestlers for 2 hours a week (I won't give the hour on Friday until they actually make it count). He's a talent that needs to he in a world title program from day 1. But then again, just look at Balor languishing in the mid card nearly his entire tenure with the E. Should be a cautionary tale. I hope he doesn't go the the E if for the sole reason that I just cannot watch that product until they fire Dunn and we aren't subject to 5 camera cuts every 2 seconds.

Hopefully he had a plan with one of the 2 prior to deciding to leave NJPW.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Yeah I saw that. I'm so conflicted. I definitely want him in AEW... but where does he fit? Way too many wrestlers for 2 hours a week (I won't give the hour on Friday until they actually make it count). He's a talent that needs to he in a world title program from day 1. But then again, just look at Balor languishing in the mid card nearly his entire tenure with the E. Should be a cautionary tale. I hope he doesn't go the the E if for the sole reason that I just cannot watch that product until they fire Dunn and we aren't subject to 5 camera cuts every 2 seconds.

Hopefully he had a plan with one of the 2 prior to deciding to leave NJPW.
I think he fits better with WWE right now, but I don't trust that they'd make proper use of him at all...ever. Getting Balor, AJ, the Good Brothers, and White all in the same story just writes itself, but WWE wouldn't do it.

AEW is insanely top heavy due to the limited TV time, and I think White might get lost a bit. He would still get TV time with top tier opponents I think, but it might be some time before he gets meaningful exposure.

There's a case to be made both ways I think. AEW probably needs it more, and WWE likely knows that

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I think Jay White is an immediate top of the card guy where ever he ends up. He holds all the power here, he is likely just playing both companies against each other. He comes to AEW he pushes other people down the card not the other way around.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
End game is Rampage needs to be a 2 hour show and treated properly...TK needs to start pushing for that over the battle of the belts, all access, etc ..even if it has to move off TNT/TBS due to Hockey/Basketball commitments

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I never watch Rampage

10PM on Friday naaaaaah they also seem to focus on the BIG storylines on dynamite

Id love White in AEW IF they didnt have so much talent, another relevant show and a better booker.

Juice is doing the whole Bullet Club in AEW so its setting up for Forbidden Door or White

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
End game is Rampage needs to be a 2 hour show and treated properly...TK needs to start pushing for that over the battle of the belts, all access, etc ..even if it has to move off TNT/TBS due to Hockey/Basketball commitments

I think another hour could help, but not sure if it would do much in that timeslot, the 10pm friday start time is a killer

Reactions: DaaaaB's and Fro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad