Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals V

Status
Not open for further replies.

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
Really? 11 games and you quote this. If he scores 7 on the year post it. Wanna trade Coyle and his 2 goals in 17 games? This list goes on and on
One of these players is a center. I'll bump it when Anderson ends the year with 9 goals.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
and 3 goals in 21 playoff games, but yeah he's exactly what we need to survive in the playoffs.

He had one secondary assist, put the Bruins on the power play multiple times, and was a -4 yet I have to hear about how he had such a great playoff

All I saw was a sideshow Bob who was not interested in helping his team win. He was already a great Bruin last year

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Ya so is 27 goals vs 17. So if your write do the poll. You won’t because josh Anderson is much more valuable the Heinen You do understand he is the exact type of player we need. Did you watch the finals last year? We were overmatched on the physical end of a 7 game series. Heinen has been good this year but Anderson is what this team needs.

with this logic Andersen is better than krejci

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
according to friedman the kovalchuk situation in LA is now broken and hes been told he wont play again... seems they are going to be desperate to move him before he becomes a locker room problem

my trade idea is pretty simple
kovalchuk 1/2 retained
for
backes
and a conditional pick like a 3rd or 4th if kovalchuk achieves a certain level of success

we tell backes that LA has agreed to buy him out next year so he would be free to sign where he wanted to finish off his career assuming he still wants to play and chase a cup {hell if his cap hit was only 700k id be willing to bring him back next year

kovalchuk IS the RH SHOT we are looking for

hes a hell of a good pp guy and would be a huge asset for the second unit.

I tend to think his style would mesh well with debrusk too.

hes a big strong guy who wont be pushed around even if he isnt exactly known for pushing others around... he can hold his own in a physical series.

moving backes without having to give up a pick would be very good...

my 1 concern is I think our cap is tight next year... this move might require a second move to make it work next year... but if we retained 1/2 of kovalchuk next year I suspect he would be fairly easy to deal again.

who knows... with all the problems, he might like to get traded and bought out next year even? deal with that when the time comes

being used as a 3rd liner and a second pp guy in LA on that struggling weak team with all the unhappiness hes still scoring as good/better than tofolli

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
Like the idea of giving Kovy a shot with a lower hit, but don’t see the incentive for LA to make that deal. I’d think a 2nd, or a decent prospect is what they’d want to take Backes and retain salary.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Am I allowed to say that I like both Anderson and Heinen AND not get pulled into the meanness in this thread?

Fine, I’ll take Kreider

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
according to friedman the kovalchuk situation in LA is now broken and hes been told he wont play again... seems they are going to be desperate to move him before he becomes a locker room problem

kovalchuk 1/2 retained
for
backes
and a conditional pick like a 3rd or 4th if kovalchuk achieves a certain level of success

we tell backes that LA has agreed to buy him out next year so he would be free to sign where he wanted to finish off his career assuming he still wants to play and chase a cup {hell if his cap hit was only 700k id be willing to bring him back next year

kovalchuk IS the RH SHOT we are looking for

hes a hell of a good pp guy and would be a huge asset for the second unit.

I tend to think his style would mesh well with debrusk too.

hes a big strong guy who wont be pushed around even if he isnt exactly known for pushing others around... he can hold his own in a physical series.

moving backes without having to give up a pick would be very good...

my 1 concern is I think our cap is tight next year... this move might require a second move to make it work next year... but if we retained 1/2 of kovalchuk next year I suspect he would be fairly easy to deal again.

who knows... with all the problems, he might like to get traded and bought out next year even? deal with that when the time comes

being used as a 3rd liner and a second pp guy in LA on that struggling weak team with all the unhappiness hes still scoring as good/better than tofolli

Kovalchuk is a renegade, much like Jagr, he just wants to play his own game. On a team where the adherence to the system is paramount, where does a guy like Kovalchuk fit in? He's a total liability defensively, a total liability without the puck and you want him on the league's best defensive team? Why? So they can set him up for off-wing one-timers during the last 30 seconds of a PP? Just stop.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Kovalchuk is a renegade, much like Jagr, he just wants to play his own game. On a team where the adherence to the system is paramount, where does a guy like Kovalchuk fit in? He's a total liability defensively, a total liability without the puck and you want him on the league's best defensive team? Why? So they can set him up for off-wing one-timers during the last 30 seconds of a PP? Just stop.

bruin braintrust wanted him... he chose LA and their 3 year offer, but I trust the bruins brain trust... they saw something in the idea of picking him up

going to trust their judgement on this one

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
kovalchuk 1/2 retained
for
backes

For Pete's sake - first you want Boston to trade for Koivu and now it's Kovalchuk. What's with your desire to have Boston add a player with next to nothing left in the tank ???? How soon do we have to wait for your " Patrick Marleau Trade Propsal " thread. :thumbd:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
i'm going to keep arguing that Josh Anderson is not better than Danton Heinen until the people propsing this trade will just ****ing admit that they love Anderson because he's goddamn handsome.

look, if you want to trade for the guy so you can look at that glorious flow & long lost Hemsworth brother eyes then just admit it and I'll respect you. Don't try to argue that he's a better player with nonsense attributes like "big on ice presence".

I'll grant you that a Heinen for Anderson swap would improve the team's "hunkiness per 60" stats.

Handsomeness aside, what I like about Anderson is that since becoming a regular, his lowest number of goals in a season is higher than Heinen’s highest total.

And, his career high is a solid two years work for Heinen.

But, he certainly doesn’t poke check as well....so there’s that.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Handsomeness aside, what I like about Anderson is that since becoming a regular, his lowest number of goals in a season is higher than Heinen’s highest total.

And, his career high is a solid two years work for Heinen.

But, he certainly doesn’t poke check as well....so there’s that.

And over both their careers Heinen has been the more productive player while playing less minutes consistently. Goals are not the be-all-end-all in hockey.

Heinen = 89 Points -- 180 Games Played = 0.49 PPG
Average TOI -- 14:24

Anderson = 113 Points -- 252 Games Played = 0.45 PPG
Average TOI -- 15:20
And just want to point out that over the last 3 seasons, where Anderson has seen this increase in points, he's averaged 16:54, 17:01, and 18:02 TOI/GM.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Lets look at the last three seasons (including this one):

Heinen -- 172 Games Played -- 31 Goals -- 58 Assists -- 89 Points = 0.52 PPG
Ice Time Totals:
14:09
13:58
15:01

Anderson -- 156 Games Played -- 47 Goals -- 32 Assists -- 79 Points = 0.51 PPG
Ice Time Totals:
16:54
17:01
18:02

Heinen continues to outproduce him, despite playing significantly less minutes.

Reactions: Estlin

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Lets look at the last three seasons (including this one):

Heinen -- 172 Games Played -- 31 Goals -- 58 Assists -- 89 Points = 0.52 PPG
Ice Time Totals:
14:09
13:58
15:01

Anderson -- 156 Games Played -- 47 Goals -- 32 Assists -- 79 Points = 0.51 PPG
Ice Time Totals:
16:54
17:01
18:02

Heinen continues to outproduce him, despite playing significantly less minutes.

I disagree, goals scored are way more important than you’re making them out to be.

Where would they have been last a June with one more guy who was a reliable goal scorer?

Lastly, what does this team need right now?

A guy who can skate, score goals, hit and play tough or another defensive forward who might score 16 goals?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
What does this team need right now?

A guy who can skate, score goals, hit and play tough or another defensive forward who might score 16 goals?

Anderson is currently on pace this year to score 7 goals, 14 points.

Heinen is currently on pace to score 18 goals, 36 points.

So Heinen is actually pacing to score more goals than Anderson's point pace.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I disagree, goals scored are way more important than you’re making them out to be.

Where would they have been last a June with one more guy who was a reliable goal scorer?

Lastly, what does this team need right now?

They would have been great with a reliable goal scorer! I don’t know if I’d call the guy w 1 secondary assist, a -4, and multiple penalties taken to put the best PP in the unit on the ice a reliable anything though. That’s what he did when all the chips were on the table

He has 1 goal in his last 21 games. That’s far from reliable and a little troubling when taking his style of play into account. Is it possible he peaked? If Heinen did that boy oh boy people would be ornery

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Anderson is currently on pace this year to score 7 goals, 14 points.

Heinen is currently on pace to score 18 goals, 36 points.

We’re what 1/5 of the season in?

Maybe playing with Krejci and away from that whack job Tortorella will make a difference.

I guarantee that if Anderson played here and Heinen was there Anderson would out score him noticeably

Reactions: Tbaybruin

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
We’re what 1/5 of the season in?

Maybe playing with Krejci and away from that whack job Tortorella will make a difference.

I guarantee that if Anderson played here and Heinen was there Anderson would out score him noticeably

This is what if's. All I can do is look at the facts, and the facts have shown Heinen is a more productive hockey player. Also, you're ignoring TOI, which is a massive factor. Heinen outproduces Anderson, despite averaging 3-5 minutes LESS per game.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Also blue jackets fans make excuses for him by saying his linemates Jenner and Foligno are holding him back......but they’re outproducing him

I’d avoid him like the plague for the price jackets fans put on him

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
They would have been great with a reliable goal scorer! I don’t know if I’d call the guy w 1 secondary assist, a -4, and multiple penalties taken to put the best PP in the unit on the ice a reliable anything though

He has 1 goal in his last 21 games. That’s far from reliable and a little troubling when taking his style of play into account. Is it possible he peaked? If Heinen did that boy oh boy people would be ornery

People weren’t ornery when Heinen produced nothing in the playoffs last year...why would that change?

My only point is this......27 goals is a lot.

You don’t score 27 by accident.

Maybe he’d come here and score 30....maybe he’d bust.

Either way, when Anderson is at his best, he’s exactly what this team needs,

When Heinen is at his best, he’s just about the same as about 4 other guys already on this roster, maybe more.

Reactions: Tbaybruin and CDJ

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Would Anderson really fit with Krejci? He doesn't really seem like the type of winger that works with Krejci. He's a straight-line fast guy. Yes, he's a big body, but I feel he'd fit like DeBrusk does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia