Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
We are not getting Anderson, that is a pipe dream, I would love it but come on ppl be realistic. Why would they trade him? What is the benefit to them to do that? = NONE

Reactions: Estlin

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Give me Anderson for the next five years. He’s big, fast, hits, and can put the puck in the net.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
It was rumored the Senators wanted Vaakanainen to be the main piece in a return for Stone. Anderson is nowhere near Stone's level to return Vaakanainen let alone Vaakanainen + Bjork + Cehlarik/Khulman + 2nd. If that is what Columbus wants, then the Bruins should look elsewhere.
Stone UFA Anderson isn’t Ya it would be a lot to give up. But we get the best player in the trade and I would keep the second

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Well that makes no sense
what doesn't make sense about it?

One guy shoots & scores a bit more, has impressive straight line speed for his size, hits more & fights a bit. he doesn't bring much else to the table.

The other guy puts up more assists and points overall, is not a hitter or a big guy, but has impressive defensive numbers and has shown an ability to play well with top offensive talent.

Maybe you think the slight goal scoring edge, size & hitting make up for the drop off in defensive play & overall point production (especially factoring in TOI). I personally think it's close to a wash. It's like trying to compare a prius to a pickup truck. Both certainly have their value, just depends on your needs. Heinen overall has been the more productive player thus far in their careers, especially factoring in age. You better be sure the intangibles Anderson brings make up for the production difference if you swap them.

Personally I'd prefer to have both. I like that when Anderson is scoring goals they are mostly at even strength. That bodes well for him playing with Krejci. He also hasn't had a long-term center as good as Krejci. I think they'd be a really good fit together, but I also think Heinen is a versatile guy who is underrated here.

A lot of people are talking about trading Heinen for Anderson as if we'd be trading an unproven prospect for a proven guy in his prime, but the reality is that both guys still have a lot left to prove and have each had about 1.5 seasons total of playing up to their potential.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Midd6 was/has been/is the killer for this team and I'd rather spend money there than millions for the press box.

K.Miller doesn't fill a big need for this team and takes money away from adding players who could make an impact.

I hope Sweeney lands a real top6 player for this team and goes for a run again.
Well I think we need some toughness and immediate response so Bergeron and Marchand don’t have to fight. I’m not interested in seeing Pasta runned or griz getting green lighted like the other night. Toughness adds some space, and accountability to the other team (makes them think twice about targeting these guys) and hopefully wears opposition down. We know this core can go deep but they need to be healthy. A healthy miller would have had in impact in the finals. He was a rock back there and at times our most consistent defenseman. So for 2.5M a year I don’t see how that’s a minus and could have more of impact if it means guys like pasta and Marchand and Krug don’t get run as much and are healthy for a Game 7? We need more toughness up front too.

Reactions: Fenian24

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
what doesn't make sense about it?

One guy shoots & scores a bit more, has impressive straight line speed for his size, hits more & fights a bit. he doesn't bring much else to the table.

The other guy puts up more assists and points overall, is not a hitter or a big guy, but has impressive defensive numbers and has shown an ability to play well with top offensive talent.

Maybe you think the slight goal scoring edge, size & hitting make up for the drop off in defensive play & overall point production (especially factoring in TOI). I personally think it's close to a wash. It's like trying to compare a prius to a pickup truck. Both certainly have their value, just depends on your needs. Heinen overall has been the more productive player thus far in their careers, especially factoring in age. You better be sure the intangibles Anderson brings make up for the production difference if you swap them.

Personally I'd prefer to have both. I like that when Anderson is scoring goals they are mostly at even strength. That bodes well for him playing with Krejci. He also hasn't had a long-term center as good as Krejci. I think they'd be a really good fit together, but I also think Heinen is a versatile guy who is underrated here.

A lot of people are talking about trading Heinen for Anderson as if we'd be trading an unproven prospect for a proven guy in his prime, but the reality is that both guys still have a lot left to prove and have each had about 1.5 seasons total of playing up to their potential.
I understand what you are saying but I totally disagree.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
JP Pageau is this years Marcus Johansson. Right shot forward who can plan on either line 2 or 3.
yeah but he's a center, not a winger, so he's not playing on line 2 and he's only playing on line 3 if you move Coyle up with Krejci (which I'm not necessarily opposed to).

Our best hope is for the Panthers to drop by February and be sellers, because Hoffman or Dadanov would be great options.

edit: As @PlayMakers pointed out recently, Kreider is really good at Even Strength. He's another good option for the Bruins.

BruinsNetwork

yeah but he's a center, not a winger, so he's not playing on line 2 and he's only playing on line 3 if you move Coyle up with Krejci (which I'm not necessarily opposed to).

Our best hope is for the Panthers to drop by February and be sellers, because Hoffman or Dadanov would be great options.

edit: As @PlayMakers pointed out recently, Kreider is really good at Even Strength. He's another good option for the Bruins.

Logistics aside, man, JG Pageau would be such a good Bruin.

Always been a big fan of Hoffman, but not sure the Bruins would even look to add him given the whole locker room distraction thing in Ottawa.

*peaks head back out before leaving the thread*
(I probably wouldn't trade Heinen for Anderson straight up)
*peaks head back around corner and leaves thread*

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
JP Pageau is this years Marcus Johansson. Right shot forward who can plan on either line 2 or 3.

Pageau doesn't have half the skill that MoJo does. Pageau is a decent player and it would be interesting to see him on the Bruins, but he would top out as a 3C. What you're seeing this year is a mirage. He's on a PDO bender and its no surprise its a contract year for him. This year is not representative of who he is as a player.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Heinen +Celharik+2nd for Josh Anderson.
Heinen + Celharik +Zboril + Backes+ 1st for Anderson and Foligno

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Anderson
Bjork-Coyle-Foligno
Wagner-Kuraly-Ritchie

That is a crazy mix of talent, toughness, and size.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Anderson
Bjork-Coyle-Foligno
Wagner-Kuraly-Ritchie

nice...give up the best player in the deal and throw in a 2nd

Reactions: UncleRico

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Well he’s probably gonna be broken down and overpaid by year 3 because that’s just what power forwards do...
Which is why you get a young one and sign him for 3-5 years. Anderson, Wood to a lessor extent. Hopefully Frederic and Beecher can fill the roll in house but Frederic does not look like a top 9 forward so give me the guy who has scored 27 and brings physicality and make Frederic your 4th line LW.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
nice...give up the best player in the deal and throw in a 2nd
Who is the best player in the deal? Heinen? C'mon, Foligno is better and so is Anderson. It would be nice to keep Heinen as a 3rd line LW but if he gets you Anderson I'll drive him to Columbus.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Anderson
Bjork-Coyle-Foligno
Wagner-Kuraly-Ritchie

Love this line up, not sure about cap implications.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
not sure why heinen is in every proposal .. the only guy thats proven to be moved anywhere in the lineup and look good doing it.. we have plenty of decent prospects to move . lets not take away from our starting lineup if we dont have to . i would like to have sam bennet .. vak + cehlarik, . im on the short list of thinking vak is a lil overated

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
not sure why heinen is in every proposal .. the only guy thats proven to be moved anywhere in the lineup and look good doing it.. we have plenty of decent prospects to move . lets not take away from our starting lineup if we dont have to . i would like to have sam bennet .. vak + cehlarik, . im on the short list of thinking vak is a lil overated

Because he doesn't hit or show emotion and fans that want to trade him don't find him exciting to watch.

^These are the common things that get brought up about Heinen by the people that don't like him.

Reactions: Estlin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad