Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
god it's infuriating how polarized these debates are. somehow this has become a purely heinen vs. anderson discussion. anyone who states heinen's positive value to the team is labeled as overrating him when for the most part we're simply stating facts. nobody is claiming he's Kucherov. We're just saying that while he & Anderson are vastly different players, the net value they bring to their teams is at best equal and in most measurable ways actually favors Heinen, who is also 2 years younger so upside is a factor here too.

The point is that trading them 1 for 1 is at best a wash, but in terms of actual evidence, Heinen is the better player thus far in their careers. He's more productive, more versatile, wildly better defensively, all while being 2 years younger.

And I don't think guys like me & @BruinsFanSince94 are even saying that Anderson is bad or that we wouldn't trade for him. I just wouldn't trade Heinen for him (and I'm not even a huge Heinen fan; that's the hilarious thing here). Anderson is being massively overrated here by people who desperately want more bangers on the team.

This sums it up perfectly. Would I take Anderson for the right deal? Hell ya I would. Do I think Hienen for Anderson is "the right deal"....Nope

BruinsNetwork

This sums it up perfectly. Would I take Anderson for the right deal? Hell ya I would. Do I think Hienen for Anderson is "the right deal"....Nope

Yeah, Josh Anderson isn't a bad player by any means, but he is criminally overrated around these parts– just like @RussellmaniaKW was saying. He's the same guy who has 1G-1A-2PTS in 12GP this season. Both of his points came from the same game. I like watching players of all variety on all different teams because I love hockey and have no life. With that said, Anderson hasn't done much besides skate in a straight-line and bash into people here and there so far this season.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Believe it or not I agree that moving Heinen creates another hole that needs to be filled, I just believe they have options to fill it internally which they don't in Anderson. Ideally I would move prospects and picks for Anderson but I don't know if Columbus does that.

Where we differ is not being able to afford DeBrusk, Krug, Coyle and Anderson. Backes will be bought out next season, Siedenberg and Belesky come off the books entirely, Miller is off the books and you move Moore you have over 10M from those contracts, cap should also go up. Krug and Coyle will get raises but are not bargain basement deals now. DeBrusk and Anderson would be in for the biggest raises.

There are other options besides Anderson to fill that spot, you can do it with two players and have one in house already in Frederic and then go get a Krieder or similar player. Bottom line is they need size and scoring in the top 9 and Sweeney needs to make a move soon to get it.

Buying out Backes only saves $2m next year.

That would give Boston roughly $25m to sign...

UFA’s: Coyle, Krug, Chara (?), Halak (or Repl), Nordstrom, Wagner

RFA’s: DeBrusk, Grizz, Anderson, Bjork

I only included RFA’s that are currently on the NHL roster. Doesn’t take into account guys like Senyshyn, Zboril, Lauzon, etc.

Krug: $6.5m
Coyle: $5.5m
Halak: $3m

$15m

DeBrusk: $4m
Grizz: $2.5m
Anderson: $4m

$10.5m

That’s bare minimum projections and all your money is gone, without accounting for 4 players currently in the lineup.

I also don’t agree that the Bruins have a bunch of spare parts lying around that can easily plug right in for Heinen. Bjork is the only prospect that’s shown he can hang in the NHL and he has a spot already in my lineup. Studnicka, Cehlarik, Frederic, Hughes, Fitz...none of these kids have proven a thing yet.

I don’t think adding a Kreider, Toffoli, Anderson, whomever for Heinen and then filling his spot with one of the above players makes the B’s any better.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
That’s bare minimum projections and all your money is gone, without accounting for 4 players currently in the lineup.
Also doesn't take into account exactly how screwed they're going to be with Chara's bonus money if they continue to be so close to the cap this entire season, causing the bonus penalty to roll over to next season.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Also doesn't take into account exactly how screwed they're going to be with Chara's bonus money if they continue to be so close to the cap this entire season, causing the bonus penalty to roll over to next season.

Chara’s bonuses are only $1.75m max:

$1.25m for 10 games (met)
$250k if they qualify for the playoffs
$250k if they win the Cup

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

I only included RFA’s that are currently on the NHL roster. Doesn’t take into account guys like Senyshyn, Zboril, Lauzon, etc.

$15m

$10.5m

I also don’t agree that the Bruins have a bunch of spare parts lying around that can easily plug right in for Heinen. Bjork is the only prospect that’s shown he can hang in the NHL and he has a spot already in my lineup. Studnicka, Cehlarik, Frederic, Hughes, Fitz...none of these kids have proven a thing yet.

I don’t think adding a Kreider, Toffoli, Anderson, whomever for Heinen and then filling his spot with one of the above players makes the B’s any better.

If I may add to this please Joe....

And I don't expect to see the cap climb much if at all even with the escalator.

The year after? Yes. With betting revenue and the year after with the new US TV deal.

Reactions: LouJersey

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Chara’s bonuses are only $1.75m max:

$1.25m for 10 games (met)
$250k if they qualify for the playoffs
$250k if they win the Cup
Right, which they currently do not project to be able to fit on the cap for this season. Figured if you were going to paint a pessimistic picture of next season's cap..

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

$15m

$10.5m

Halak is a goner IMO. Would love to keep him obviously, but I think he has played himself out of Boston's price range. I also think with how much they like to play their backup that they might want to get Keyser up to Boston & start the long road torwards him replacing Rask (in the same way that Rask backed up Thomas for years).

I'm also really skeptical that they can keep both Krug AND Coyle. I don't think it'll happen without Backes' entire cap hit being gone and Chara retiring.

Sweeney has done well managing the cap so far overall (missteps like Beleskey & Backes aside), but it's about to get really difficult. They really, really need a couple guys like Bjork & Senyshyn to step up because that would give them a lot more options.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Grizz can go, I would use him this year as part of a bigger trade, I like Wagner and Nordstrom but they should be replaceable for minimum deals with Senyshyn and Frederic or a veteran minimum deal like this year with Gaunce or Ritchie. I do not want future fourth liners hindering the teams ability to add a top 9 talent. All we have heard regarding prospects is we need to make space for them and we have a lot of good depth type prospects but no stars, well let them learn on the fourth line with a veteran at league minimum.

Sweeney is paid to manage the cap and add talent. The core is old, not getting old they are old in hockey years, so make moves to make a run this year, if you can add a younger player to your top 6 who is under 26 that is a bonus. Back up goalies, fourth liners and depth defensemen for next year should not stop moves from being made for this year.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Halak is a goner IMO. Would love to keep him obviously, but I think he has played himself out of Boston's price range. I also think with how much they like to play their backup that they might want to get Keyser up to Boston & start the long road torwards him replacing Rask (in the same way that Rask backed up Thomas for years).

I'm also really skeptical that they can keep both Krug AND Coyle. I don't think it'll happen without Backes' entire cap hit being gone and Chara retiring.

Sweeney has done well managing the cap so far overall (missteps like Beleskey & Backes aside), but it's about to get really difficult. They really, really need a couple guys like Bjork & Senyshyn to step up because that would give them a lot more options.

I think having Keyser up next year is very aggressive and IDK that it's the best thing for his development. Rask also had over 100GP in the AHL before coming up full-time.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Grizz can go, I would use him this year as part of a bigger trade, I like Wagner and Nordstrom but they should be replaceable for minimum deals with Senyshyn and Frederic or a veteran minimum deal like this year with Gaunce or Ritchie. I do not want future fourth liners hindering the teams ability to add a top 9 talent. All we have heard regarding prospects is we need to make space for them and we have a lot of good depth type prospects but no stars, well let them learn on the fourth line with a veteran at league minimum.

Sweeney is paid to manage the cap and add talent. The core is old, not getting old they are old in hockey years, so make moves to make a run this year, if you can add a younger player to your top 6 who is under 26 that is a bonus. Back up goalies, fourth liners and depth defensemen for next year should not stop moves from being made for this year.

I agree with the 4th liners, but I think you are underestimating the role a good backup goalie plays. I don’t think Keyser or Swayman will be ready for the NHL next year.

It would surprise me if Halak is back on a 1-2 year deal. He’s on a good team and will get roughly 30+ games.

Also, I don’t consider Grizz a depth D. He’s a good NHL 3rd pair and much more proven than the kids in the pipeline.

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I agree with the 4th liners, but I think you are underestimating the role a good backup goalie plays. I don’t think Keyser or Swayman will be ready for the NHL next year.

It would surprise me if Halak is back on a 1-2 year deal. He’s on a good team and will get roughly 30+ games.

I don't know that we see Swayman even sign until he finishes he career at Maine, which is one more year.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Can’t be filled by Bjork because we are at a point where losing him creates a hole in the lineup too, would just be opening up one hole to plug another.

I get that some don’t like Heinen but the comparisons earlier in the thread to Kuraly, Wagner, and Nordstrom were incredibly disingenuous.

In fairness, I've admitted that Heinen is a better player than they are.

Where we differ is that to me, the difference between Nordstrom and Heinen is nowhere near as vast as the difference between what Heinen can produce and what they need to win a cup.

Again, I'd 10000x rather see someone not on this roster be moved for the goal scorer that I'm convinced that they need, allowing Heinen and Bjork to play on line 3, where they are best suited. I just can't see it happening because of the cap.

Reactions: CDJ

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

Well said.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
I would not. He's signed for more money, and the guy clearly has issues. I don't want this guy anywhere near the Bruins, and they dodged a serious bullet with him choosing LA.
Surely 250k won't kill us?

As for his "issues", I think the only legitimate gripe with Kovi is he's passive on a losing team. I would hope we are not that.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If we are gonna trade for a king in the doghouse I’d prefer Kempe

I like Kempe. He can move and has some grit. Showed some offense a few years ago but has struggled to reproduce. Acquiring Kempe would mean what, Coyle to 2nd line RW full time? 3rd line RW?

Not sure he really fills a need unless other moves don't work out. He's not a top 6 forward and is a risk at this point as a productive top 9 guy.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
He's also putrid defensively and does most of damage on the PP in the Pastrnak role. He won't get #1 PP time here. Not sure he fits.
It would be nice to know they had a backup plan if Pastrnak gets hurt. Having another guy who can pound the puck isn’t the worst thing.

but ya I agree. Not sure Kovalchuk is that guy anymore

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I like Kempe. He can move and has some grit. Showed some offense a few years ago but has struggled to reproduce. Acquiring Kempe would mean what, Coyle to 2nd line RW full time? 3rd line RW?

Not sure he really fills a need unless other moves don't work out. He's not a top 6 forward and is a risk at this point as a productive top 9 guy.

Probably Coyle to wing. Imo it’s not ideal but it’s outside the box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad