Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Eriksson, Smith, Morrow, and a pick for Seguin

lines next year

Lucic-Krejci-Pastrnak

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin

young, fast, scorers on the wing- do it Chia

Oh man this trade is going to look worse and worse as the years go by.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I meant a combination of the top two lines.

Maybe only Chicago (with Kane on 2nd) or Pittsburgh (with Malkin on 2nd) could offer a second line to contend against a Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin line (Seguin, the 2014-2015 version).
oh sorry, misunderstood. yes the top 2 lines would be great. kelly and soderberg have good chemistry too and grabbing a cheap rw would give 3 solid lines, but all dreaming. seguin is going nowhere. imagine his pricetag now? lol

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
oh sorry, misunderstood. yes the top 2 lines would be great. kelly and soderberg have good chemistry too and grabbing a cheap rw would give 3 solid lines, but all dreaming. seguin is going nowhere. imagine his pricetag now? lol

No worries. And you're right-- never to be. So, I guess it's back to debating Stewart, Stafford, Vermette. :facepalm:

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
i think stafford is better than smith and a good fit on the 2nd line. to me he is an upgrade there and moving kelly to the 4th line upgrades the 4th line.

Based on what evidence? There is no evidence that Stafford does anything better on the ice than Smith. Now you can make the argument that there is no evidence Smith is better as well, but at least Smith is 6 years younger and a big part of the Bruins future.

And then on top of that you want to break up the Bruins best line this season. Why would we drop Kelly from the 3rd line when that group has awesome chemistry

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Based on what evidence? There is no evidence that Stafford does anything better on the ice than Smith. Now you can make the argument that there is no evidence Smith is better as well, but at least Smith is 6 years younger and a big part of the Bruins future.

And then on top of that you want to break up the Bruins best line this season. Why would we drop Kelly from the 3rd line when that group has awesome chemistry

Smith is a better option on the third line than Kelly, although Kelly has played admirably there. He has also shown chemistry in the past with Soderberg.

Kelly is playing very good hockey and would help the fourth unit out a lot.

Not sure Stafford is the answer, but the strategy is fine.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Stewart is not actually slow. When he decides to skate, the guy can skate.

Do you realize that those defenders are Allen , who was waived after being on the team for only a few weeks, and Weaver who has played only half of the Habs games this year?

I'm in for aquiring Stewart but it's not for his speed.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Do you realize that those defenders are Allen , who was waived after being on the team for only a few weeks, and Weaver who has played only half of the Habs games this year?

I'm in for aquiring Stewart but it's not for his speed.

Then it must be for the goal scoring?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Honestly his price would probably only be behind Crosby, Malkin, and Stamkos... That's why you don't sell low and buy high.

He's not even 23 yet and he's better than all three of those this season. Only going to get worse. A lot of players with great talent aren't even NHL caliber at 23.

You can find videos of Chara skating like that, but they wouldn't be from a game against the Habs last November (like that video). They'd be from years ago. That's the difference.

Edit: I actually don't think they should give away the farm to get Stewart, either. But I think the price will inevitably come down somewhat. I could see Bartkowski or Spooner plus a second.

That's not my point. I'm saying one shift out of a player who has a massive reputation for being lazy and slow from every single fanbase he's played for doesn't show anything.

Pouliot isnt slow at all, and is having another really good year in Edm.

I liked Pouliot, thought he really got his unfair share here. Showed flashes of talent that proved why he was taken so early in his draft year... But a barn burner he is not. He is having a good year but he's not known for his skating skills. He also has one of the worst contracts in the NHL, but you can't really blame him for that. You can't blame him at all, actually. :laugh: I'd freeze my ass off in Edmonton for 4.5m. I already do here for a lot less, what's a little more cold? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad