Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XIII:Things looking Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Sieds was way better, have you seen him play lately?

Yes, and the fact that he is still so much better than Franson is a huge knock on Franson. He's just a pretty garbage defensive player. Hits and can create some offense but the defense is worse than Kaberle ever was.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Although I don't watch the Leafs a tonne, I do feel like he's gotten better this year. Check out his shot block rate. He's sacrificing the body a lot more for the sake of D.

Perhaps... but anyone can block shots if they have the guts for it and can risk being injured (Bergeron/Krejci should not be blocking slapshots, for example). His positioning is just bad. Even with the new coach's supposed defensively minded system.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Would anyone be willing to take another flyer on Jags? I know he didnt do much last time.

People say Jagr wasn't a good fit here, but I don't agree with that. He brought good skill, poise and made some important plays in the playoffs despite his goal scoring slump. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back if he is still the same player and there are no better options.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Although I don't watch the Leafs a tonne, I do feel like he's gotten better this year. Check out his shot block rate. He's sacrificing the body a lot more for the sake of D.

Franson is an imbecile. Check out his assist on Bartkowski's only NHL goal.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
I don't do this often but this was tossed out by some buddies the other day at work and thought I'd run it by here.

Taylor Hall
Darnell Nurse

for

Dougie Hamilton

We fill our right wing spot with Hall and allow Pastrnak to come along properly. In bringing in Nurse you replace Hamilton..yes not the same offensive minded guys but Nurse is very good and brings a snarl to his game. He has the ability to skate the puck out and can pass also.

Edmonton wouldn't do that.

I heard that they love Lucic however.

How about:

Boston gives -
Milan Lucic LW
Seidenberg D
Spooner C
1st rounder

Edmonton gives -
Hall LW
Nurse D

Overpay, or close to fair?

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
edmonton wont move nurse, they love him. he is more of what they need than hamilton. nurse is way better defensively than hamilton and is twice as strong. of course hamilton is further along in his development but he is also due for a raise. lucic has 1 year left on his contract.

lucic, hamilton, spooner, 2nd for hall and nurse might get them thinking but even then i doubt it. in other words, it aint happening. lucic walks in 1 year and they are left with hamilton making 5 million a year when they could have had nurse making 950k. figure it out from their standpoint. not even close.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011

How about:

Boston gives -
Milan Lucic LW
Seidenberg D
Spooner C
1st rounder

Edmonton gives -
Hall LW
Nurse D

Huge overpayment by Boston. Lucic is someone you build your team around if your starting fresh.
See Suegin but in a slightly different role and his extreme explosion since the ball and chain was removed from his back and his role clearly defined to him by the coaching staff.

Hockey is 90% confidence.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
edmonton wont move nurse, they love him. he is more of what they need than hamilton. nurse is way better defensively than hamilton and is twice as strong. of course hamilton is further along in his development but he is also due for a raise. lucic has 1 year left on his contract.

lucic, hamilton, spooner, 2nd for hall and nurse might get them thinking but even then i doubt it. in other words, it aint happening. lucic walks in 1 year and they are left with hamilton making 5 million a year when they could have had nurse making 950k. figure it out from their standpoint. not even close.

Wrong! It's not always about money. There are many tangible factors that come in to play.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

How about:

Boston gives -
Milan Lucic LW
Seidenberg D
Spooner C
1st rounder

Edmonton gives -
Hall LW
Nurse D

Make that draft pick a 2015 2nd or 2016 1st and I'd do that deal.

Would be a off-season type of deal. Nurse can't help Boston this season and the Bruins need more quality D for a run this year not less.

Either way it would never happen though. If Hall ends up in Boston it's only cause Chiarelli severely overpays as he has a habit of doing.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Wrong! It's not always about money. There are many tangible factors that come in to play.
i never said it was all about money. the fact that nurse could be better than hamilton in the future also has something to do with it. the fact that hall is much much better than hall has a lot to do with it. it makes no sense from an edmonton perspective. go ask their fans. i will be shocked if any of them say they would make that deal.

Kranium

Mar 9, 2014
Arvika, Sweden
Why are you even having a trade discussion about Lucic? He is what this team needs....why look to trade for what we aleady have? He just needs to wake up.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Why are you even having a trade discussion about Lucic? He is what this team needs....why look to trade for what we aleady have? He just needs to wake up.
for what we already have? we have no real goal scorers. we have nobody close to hall's skillset. but i also never mentioned lately to trade him, was just responding to a terrible offer for edmonton. at least if we make offers, they should be realistic for the other team too.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
and just to add for people who have never clearly watched hall play, the guy has an assload of grit. he plays hard and goes to all the dirty areas. and he has more skill than any bruin player. he would cost a fortune.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I have a lot of resentment toward the idea that there was even an option for such a thing as a "bridge year" this season. Bridging from a devastating loss in the playoffs to an inferior team, to next year where the cap problems are just as significant as we see THIS year. The only reason this comes up now, is due to the inactivity of our management crew. It looks like a bridge year because doing nothing affords the Bruins no other solace.

Well then, unless they pull a rabbit out of a hat, you're possibly looking at two seasons of mediocre play. Or, a management shake up.

If they pick up a couple spare parts & tinker around the edges, the Bruins are going nowhere. Unfortunately, that's probably what will happen.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Well then, unless they pull a rabbit out of a hat, you're possibly looking at two seasons of mediocre play. Or, a management shake up.

If they pick up a couple spare parts & tinker around the edges, the Bruins are going nowhere. Unfortunately, that's probably what will happen.
agreed, i dont see this team being a legitimate contender this year or next. and after that, chara will be taking up 7 per year on some old legs. i think to really become relevant again, this team needs a couple big moves. that said, i think getting sekera in and 2 solid forwards would be a big help and if healthy, the team could contend. i would hope to see stafford and kassian. i have watched kassian enough to know he does have skill and obviously he has size. he can start on the 4th line an work his way up and if he sucks, not like it hurts the 4th line any more.

lucic krejci pastrnak
marchand bergeron stafford
smith soderberg eriksson
paille kelly kassian
campbell

chara hamilton
sekera seidenberg
krug mcquaid

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Can we rename this to redbeards fantasy trade thread please :laugh: new trades everyday that I check in here
i responded to someone trying to **** the oilers. then i said what would be realistic. sorry, thought i was in the proposal thread. guess not, i apologise.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
agreed, i dont see this team being a legitimate contender this year or next. and after that, chara will be taking up 7 per year on some old legs. i think to really become relevant again, this team needs a couple big moves. that said, i think getting sekera in and 2 solid forwards would be a big help and if healthy, the team could contend. i would hope to see stafford and kassian. i have watched kassian enough to know he does have skill and obviously he has size. he can start on the 4th line an work his way up and if he sucks, not like it hurts the 4th line any more.

lucic krejci pastrnak
marchand bergeron stafford
smith soderberg eriksson
paille kelly kassian
campbell

chara hamilton
sekera seidenberg
krug mcquaid

I don't see them making 3 trades, would be fantastic but i just don't see it. Could they afford this?

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I don't see them making 3 trades, would be fantastic but i just don't see it. Could they afford this?
if buffalo retained half of staffords salary, they could. kassian and sekera both make very little. and i agree, doubt they will make the moves but just saying that for them to really be considered a threat to win the cup, they will need to do at least that much. even with those moves, i doubt they beat the habs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad