Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XIII:Things looking Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

trudatman*

is this where I propose Pastrnak, Krug, Eriksson, Soderberg, Miller, Marchand, McQuaid and a second for Yandle?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
If we keep Pasta up, and he keeps contributing, our lines look pretty good... Obviously not banking on him to score 2, let alone a goal a game, but if he scores at a 30-40 point pace that's much more than we can ask of him. Another 3rd line RW might give us some added depth that could prove valuable. If we could get a guy like Stafford for a 2nd or a prospect, I'd do it.

Lucic-Krejci-Pastrnak
Marchand-Bergeron-Stafford
Smith-Soderberg-Eriksson
Campbell-Kelly-Paille
Cunningham

Swap Lucic/Marchand/etc. however Claude wants... Works either way.

I really like Sekera but his asking price is huge. Don't want to part with our 1st round pick, it's a terrific draft. In a top-heavy draft like last year, we stole Pasta. Could steal another great piece there, even mid-late round. There's probably going to be a bidding war for him, too. We do need help on D, though. Hopefully someone will become available. Not sold on Yandle. We have Krug, who is our offensive game changer on the backend, and Hamilton, who will end up being a better Yandle. Really like him as well, but his price will be too high and we don't really need a player like him. Would rather invest the assets it would cost to get him in something we need.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
If we do deal , dealing from strength is preferable so nice we got the team winning again.

That said we arent cup caliber without a couple upgades.

Ive thought all along a second pairing dman that can partner with seidenberg for some defensive assignments is a must. To me, seidenberg is still struggling and we should try to fix him. It seems certain edmonton is moving petry. He plays soft in edmonton but with support i think this guy has game. For a second and some prospect not in our plans, id take the plunge

As for the forward move...eriksson is finally showing some offensive life. We cant really bring in salary without moving salary. If pastrnak stays healthy im ok leaving him with krejci/lucic

I might be inclined to drop smith down with soderberg/eriksson

Drop kelly to fourth line....

Makes one of campbell/paille available to deal for cap relief... hopefully it clears enough room to bring in a chris stewart or michael ryder type with some salary retained

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
If we keep Pasta up, and he keeps contributing, our lines look pretty good... Obviously not banking on him to score 2, let alone a goal a game, but if he scores at a 30-40 point pace that's much more than we can ask of him. Another 3rd line RW might give us some added depth that could prove valuable. If we could get a guy like Stafford for a 2nd or a prospect, I'd do it.

Lucic-Krejci-Pastrnak
Smith-Soderberg-Eriksson
Campbell-Kelly-Paille
Cunningham

I really like Sekera but his asking price is huge. Don't want to part with our 1st round pick, it's a terrific draft. In a top-heavy draft like last year, we stole Pasta. Could steal another great piece there, even mid-late round. There's probably going to be a bidding war for him, too. We do need help on D, though. Hopefully someone will become available. Not sold on Yandle. We have Krug, who is our offensive game changer on the backend, and Hamilton, who will end up being a better Yandle. Really like him as well, but his price will be too high and we don't really need a player like him. Would rather invest the assets it would cost to get him in something we need.

If we could push Kelly to the 4th I wonder if Claude would ever go Paille-Kelly-Cunningham with Soupy as the 13th.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If the prices on Sekara and Petry get too high, as in say a 2015 1st must be included, a poster from the previous thread suggested Z. Michalek.

Could probably be had for much less. Arizona fans have been saying his wheels are gone and he has slowed down a lot this year.

That being said he fits the profile of a D-man who would fit into Claude's system, good size, shut-down guy, good shot-blocker. Wouldn't be a bad option. Hopefully if Chia went this route he could convince Arizona to pick up some of his salary, he's UFA this summer.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Chris Neil if the Sens aren't making the Playoffs please

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
very clear to everyone this team needs a top 6 winger and a top 4 dman. sekera and stafford please and add scottie upshall as well. move campbell.

sekera for 2nd, spooner, bartkowski
stafford for 2nd, 3rd 50% retained
upshall for campbell, 4th, 50% retained
z. michalek for 2nd at 50% for depth

lucic krejci pastrnak
marchand bergeron stafford
smith soderberg eriksson
paille kelly upshall
cunningham

chara hamilton
sekera seidenberg
krug mcquaid
michalek

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
very clear to everyone this team needs a top 6 winger and a top 4 dman. sekera and stafford please and add scottie upshall as well. move campbell.

lucic krejci pastrnak
smith soderberg eriksson
paille kelly upshall
cunningham

chara hamilton
sekera seidenberg
krug mcquaid
michalek

Florida's in the hunt, I don't see them doing a deal like this. I like the way you're thinking though.

I'd like to see Sekera, Stafford, and another depth player.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Florida's in the hunt, I don't see them doing a deal like this. I like the way you're thinking though.

I'd like to see Sekera, Stafford, and another depth player.
ya not sure florida would move him while they are in the hunt, might take overpayment. we still need some decent talent added to be a true contender. i cant stand thinking of losing to the habs again so i really hope chiarelli still adds to the roster. chara is not getting any younger.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

lucic krejci pastrnak
smith soderberg eriksson
paille kelly upshall
cunningham

chara hamilton
sekera seidenberg
krug mcquaid
michalek

I have to ask Red, what is with the push for Stafford? One season in his career scoring more than 20 and I see him and think Chuck Kobasew each time. What is it about his game that you see top 6 worth those picks? Is there something you are seeing in his game that you like?

Cheers

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012

lucic krejci pastrnak
smith soderberg eriksson
paille kelly upshall
cunningham

chara hamilton
sekera seidenberg
krug mcquaid
michalek

Trade away 5 draft picks for a middle 6 winger, #4 dman, #7 DMan, and a 4th liner? Oh and giving away Bart and Spooner too?

If we are being so generous with our picks, we better have someone willing to take on a Chris Kelly like contract.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
well I dont know who the heck he is but I guess I like to think I know a lot about hockey because I have followed it my whole life and have been a scout for several years of my life. Anyways, whatever, none of that matters. All I am saying is trust me on this one little thing. Beleskey is not better than anyone in our top 9 so it would be a waste of money to get him.

lucic krejci pastrnak
smith soderberg eriksson
paille kelly upshall
cunningham

chara hamilton
sekera seidenberg
krug mcquaid
michalek

Once again, Chia is having trouble making one trade, but 4 trades is a possibility?? Get over yourself.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Lucic-Krejci-Pastrnak
Smith-Soderberg-Eriksson
Campbell-Kelly-Paille
Cunningham

I am thinking about if Bruins cannot lock down Soderberg..When is right time to move him?I like Sekera.I have to wonder if Chiarelli can make any moves he so tight against cap.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Something along the lines of Trotman, Spooner and a 3rd for Chris Stewart.
That's about it.

my gawd, the Sabres would have to sweeten the pot for this fan to be enticed by the 5 goal, 12pt player who has displayed some attitude and commitment issues in Buffalo

It`s easy to be a good teammate when things are rolling, character shows when a team is struggling and Stewart has little of it as far as I can tell, about the polar opposite of the kind of player that Chia and Neely "typically" look at as possible players to join this team

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I am thinking about if Bruins cannot lock down Soderberg..When is right time to move him?I like Sekera.I have to wonder if Chiarelli can make any moves he so tight against cap.

Thinking it has to be a money out for money in situation or a team he deals with retaining some of the money

Not worried about Soderberg, to be 3 deep at the centerman position is something most teams dream about and no way am I all in on either a Spooner or Koko being able to come in and fill the role Sods does so well, he`ll be re-signed

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
seems to be a disconnect between HF posters and NHL personnel on Kassian

no thanks

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
seems to be a disconnect between HF posters and NHL personnel on Kassian

no thanks

I suspect there is a lot of that going on.

Oddly on this board it seems more a grass is always greener club. All the underperforming guys from all over the league are much better than our guys who may be underperfoming a bit, but still having a better year

Good grief I think if Reilly Smith were on Phoenix, we'd be talking about a Spooner, 2 #2's, and maybe another prospect package to get him here, but instead we get people who want to get older, more expensive, less productive players from other organization and pay a motherlode to get them

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I have to ask Red, what is with the push for Stafford? One season in his career scoring more than 20 and I see him and think Chuck Kobasew each time. What is it about his game that you see top 6 worth those picks? Is there something you are seeing in his game that you like?

Cheers

Chuckie Kobasew put up 20+ goals playing alongside of Bergeron a few years back, and Stafford is bigger, and has always been a better producer than Kobasew. Even this year on the worst team in the league he is on target to put up about 15 goals and 40 points. Paired with the right partner here I think he could produce at a 20 goals pace for the rest of the year.

Considering most proposals I have seen have him replacing Campbell or Cunningham, that's a big upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad