Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Ok let's go for it . I'm in only because this bergy krec and Z last chance for cup. Here it is . Hurts me to do this but no choice since Tampa and pens are all in at the dealers table.
Vaak federic and 1st round pick for kreider. Ouch I know.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Not at all. I assume the real cost would be close to that but with Gryz instead of Vaakanainen.
And lose him in the expansion draft? In my opinion, unless San Jose plans on exposing one of Karlsson, Vlasic, or Burns, Vaakanainen makes sense especially for the rebuild and cap wise.
Not very painful.
Probably could add a goalie prospect and maybe another prospect. Maybe a conditional 1st instead of one of those options.

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
And lose him in the expansion draft? In my opinion, unless San Jose plans on exposing one of Karlsson, Vlasic, or Burns, Vaakanainen makes sense especially for the rebuild and cap wise.

Probably could add a goalie prospect and maybe another prospect. Maybe a conditional 1st instead of one of those options.

Yeah, you're right.

One could make a point that given his current level of play, exposing Vlasic would be desirable. But according to capfriendly, he has a nmc. Burns will be 36 by the time of the draft, his contract goes until he is 40 at a 8m cap hit. He has a m-ntc, so maybe he could be exposed.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
True, but it makes us feel a bit better.
Anyway, not knowing what the Bruins are willing to give up but
if they did get Coleman maybe they would've have had what they need to get their RW target?

Personally I think Bruins need 2 top 6 guys to compete for the cup. Injuries will take some skilled players out of the game. More minutes on the ice equals higher chance to get injured. Nevertheless IF Sweeney's eyes are on Meier than those assets spent on Coleman would be gone. My prime target back in December was Hertl. Him getting injured means Bruins dodged a bullet.
Looking at the track record of Sweeney my gut feeling is he will bring in somebody like Tatar or Palmieri who score a lot of goals/points on PP but are not 2 way wingers nor physical enough to be a difference makers during the playoffs.

Reactions: bbfan419

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
can we throw Kuhlman into some of these trade rumors. if we get a legit 2rw im not sure where he fits on this team other the 13 or 14 forward

Reactions: BigBear83

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
What's the most pain and price you'd pay for Meier?

Depends what else happening....I’d think griz is gone in expansion. Is Krug resigning or not? Id think we certainly are losing one of griz/lauzon/Clifton in expansion so we have one year of them. Heinen can go and ok with 1st as long as stud stays. Krug stays along with other kids emergeing (lauzon,Clifton) we could afford to lose vaak. So Heinen, Griz, 1st, Backes, vaak for Meier + ( Dillon, Thornton) ... we likely retain a couple mil on Backes. Is that enough?

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
There will be injuries in the playoffs. Other than that he absolutely deserves to be on this team
i guess i just dont see it with Kuhlman. he works hard but i see him as an ahl/nhl tweener that is easily replaceable. he has been given a much longer look then many others while not showing the production.

Reactions: Scruffy and bme44

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Tom Fitzgerald: ""My plan, if I'm to continue at this position, is to grow around [Hughes] and [Hischier] in that age frame and have a group of kids around that same type of age group, grow together."

That means Palmieri is for sale. Guys 21 and under wanted.

I said months age that NJ would be more interested in guys in that 18-21 range, not guys like Bjork or Heinen who are approaching 24-25.

The price for Palmeiri to me is more like Beecher and a 1st rounder.

member 96824

Teams that are missing a 2nd line winger do not trade away the only 2nd line winger they do have.

I 100% agree. I’m just responding to the part of your post I bolded.

I think you’re forgetting that there are two parties in a trade and the other side also asks for things.

Reactions: Strafer

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I keep hearing Coleman would be 3rd liner for Bruins but today when I watched the game I saw Karson Khulman on 2nd line.Coleman scores more then DeBrusk.

Kuhlman’s a RW and Coleman plays the left. That would have been a lot to pay to then ask a guy to come in and play a position he never plays.

DeBrusk is on pace for 47 points, Coleman is on pace for 43. You could make a good case that Coleman is the better all around player but I'm not sure I'd be sold that he's the better offensive player. They're close in goals, Jake has him on points and Jakes's 5 years younger. DeBrusk is really starting to put it together this year, balancing passing and shooting.

Plus, DeBrusk owns the 2nd line as far as Cassidy is concerned. Heinen had more points than JDB as rookies but that 2nd line job was Jake’s from start to finish that year. They really believe in Jake's upside and see him as their 2LW now and into the future. It would take someone clearly superior to push Jake down the lineup, and then they’d still have to get a RW... I just don't see them turning the roster over to that degree when the roster they have got them into 1st place.

Last edited:

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
And three of the previous four seasons they went to a cup and two ECF...upsets happen, but it's not the norm is it? One could say the Bruins are due for a slip up.
At the end of day what separates 1st in conference to 8th? 7-10 wins maybe? That’s a couple of key injuries for a month. League has soo much parity Im just not sure there is such a thing as a upset anymore. You got to be good, but health some puck luck and right matches and every team in playoffs is capable of a cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad