Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I will just point out that Tampa is making themselves a far more competitive playoff team than last years, learning from their experience with Columbus. Since last year they have added Maroon and now Coleman, two of the more physical players in the league. They are getting ready for a tough playoff run, the Bruins still have Danton Heinen, Sweeney needs to make some moves before he sounds like Chiarelli at the post trade deadline press conference.
1) Trade deadline is next Monday not today.
2) Last TDL B’s got Coyle and Mojo. One before that Sweeney got Nash. The Bruins sit on their hands narrative is old, lame, and lazy.
3) OK..... you’re now GM. It sounds like B’s were interested in Coleman and rightly so. However, given the Bruins needs and assets what would YOU have given for Coleman to beat/match Tampa offer?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
2) Last TDL B’s got Coyle and Mojo. One before that Sweeney got Nash. The Bruins sit on their hands narrative is old, lame, and lazy.
3) OK..... you’re now GM. It sounds like B’s were interested in Coleman and rightly so. However, given the Bruins needs and assets what would YOU have given for Coleman to beat/match Tampa offer?
Vaak and a first. Coleman shoots left but has played RW, he is an upgrade over any RW in the org except Pasta. They want a forward prospect Beecher and a first. You still have cap space and can move Heinen and Moore to improve the size and grit on your bottom 6

Reactions: Strafer

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Not directed at me, but the Devils got great value for one of the best AAV in the league. Palmieri has a nice cap number but it's still close to five mil, so the price should be about the same, maybe an add to make up for the difference in #1 pos. Beecher, 1st and Zboril/Senny/Andersson. Something like that. If you see Palmieri go elsewhere, Toffoli too, then I will be seriously concerned that Sweeney is rating his draft picks and prospects higher than he is his aging core.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Vaak and a first. Coleman shoots left but has played RW, he is an upgrade over any RW in the org except Pasta. They want a forward prospect Beecher and a first. You still have cap space and can move Heinen and Moore to improve the size and grit on your bottom 6
Our biggest need is a 2RW and you are willing to give up a first and one of our better prospects (Beecher or Vaak — out of a prospect pool that isn’t that deep) for a guy who is a LW?

I like Coleman, and think he’d be a good add, but not at that price. I get it that he’s played RW, but he isn’t a RW.

Either way, Sweeney either didn’t or couldn’t make an offer that high. Still doesn’t mean the tired old B’s do nothing while others get better narrative isn’t old and lame.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I don't think those offers though beat what TB gave, the 1st is from VAN which will be a better pick than the B's most likely and Foote is a much better prospect than Vaak or Beecher.

Last edited:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
How Sharks can benefit from injuries at NHL trade deadline

The Bruins would love to trade David Backes, but he won't become a free agent until 2022 and can't be placed on LTIR after Bruins general manager Don Sweeney admitted Backes was "fit and able to play" after being waived. Wilson said he wants the Sharks to contend in 2021, and they can't afford to have another $5 million against the cap considering how many players have signed long-term contracts in the last few years.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Been busy so have not been posting or even watched the Rangers game yet.

HOLY OVERPAYMENTS Batman!

That is pure desperation for TB to a 1st rounder in a deep draft plus one of their top forwards for a 3rd liner who is having a career year and is still inconsistent.

Thank you for not paying for that, Donny. I would have been more pissed if we got Coleman for a 1st and Vaak than him going to TB.

Yes, this makes TB better, but so did their purchase of the entire NY Rangers. Where did that get them? Nowhere so far.
I'm happy that TB is now down a 1st and one of their top prospects.
Good luck to them.

Stop with the Donny is evaluating crap. He has been reported to be in negotiations with pretty much every name out there for awhile now as has been for years.

That's not evaluating, that's dealing.
And I am quite happy he is reluctant to sell the farm for magic beans. Sometimes the best deals you make are the ones you choose not to overpay for.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I don't think those offers though beat what TB gave, the 1st is from VAN which will be a better pick than the B's most likely and Foote is a much better prospects than Vaak or Beecher.
Fair enough, I wouldn't have put Studnicka in for Coleman. My point was Tampa realized that they did not have enough size or grit to win last year and has taken steps to remedy that for this years playoffs. The Bruins first priority is 2RW but they need some size and grit up front as well as on D. I would like to think Miller would address that internally but you can't count on him with his injury history, Lauzon is a great step in the right direction. I like Dillon and if the cap numbers work he would be a nice fit as your 6/7 in the playoffs

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't understand this laughing at Tampa, it's not like Boston makes the finals every year.

Pens/Tampa atleat make moves and try to push for a Cup.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Fair enough, I wouldn't have put Studnicka in for Coleman. My point was Tampa realized that they did not have enough size or grit to win last year and has taken steps to remedy that for this years playoffs. The Bruins first priority is 2RW but they need some size and grit up front as well as on D. I would like to think Miller would address that internally but you can't count on him with his injury history, Lauzon is a great step in the right direction. I like Dillon and if the cap numbers work he would be a nice fit as your 6/7 in the playoffs

Blake Coleman basically replaces JT Miller from last years squad

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I don't understand this laughing at Tampa, it's not like Boston makes the finals every year.

Pens/Tampa atleat make moves and try to push for a Cup.

Yea people keep beating the tired drum that they lost in the first round last year so any move they make somehow doesn't matter.

That teams present is looking just as solid as Bostons, and their future looks better.

Reactions: Lo97 and Spooner st

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Been busy so have not been posting or even watched the Rangers game yet.

HOLY OVERPAYMENTS Batman!

That is pure desperation for TB to a 1st rounder in a deep draft plus one of their top forwards for a 3rd liner who is having a career year and is still inconsistent.

Thank you for not paying for that, Donny. I would have been more pissed if we got Coleman for a 1st and Vaak than him going to TB.

Yes, this makes TB better, but so did their purchase of the entire NY Rangers. Where did that get them? Nowhere so far.
I'm happy that TB is now down a 1st and one of their top prospects.
Good luck to them.

Stop with the Donny is evaluating crap. He has been reported to be in negotiations with pretty much every name out there for awhile now as has been for years.

That's not evaluating, that's dealing.
And I am quite happy he is reluctant to sell the farm for magic beans. Sometimes the best deals you make are the ones you choose not to overpay for.

The Rangers deal got them to the ECF. They also reupped McDonagh to a nice deal. Traded Miller to VAN for a pick that helped them get Coleman for a year and a half. They did got short and long term.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Coleman is a good young player with room to improve but wow is he being overrated here. He didn’t just turn Tampa into a juggernaut.

The need is 2nd line RW. Save your assets for that move. Palmeiri. Add a physical 3rd/ 4th line wing. MAYBE a vet physical dman. However I feel comfortable with the current defense as constructed.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
How Sharks can benefit from injuries at NHL trade deadline

The Bruins would love to trade David Backes, but he won't become a free agent until 2022 and can't be placed on LTIR after Bruins general manager Don Sweeney admitted Backes was "fit and able to play" after being waived. Wilson said he wants the Sharks to contend in 2021, and they can't afford to have another $5 million against the cap considering how many players have signed long-term contracts in the last few years.

That first sentence is blatantly false. Backes is up in the summer of 2021.

Reactions: 13Hockey

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Tampa knows they can make it to the big dance. I can't say I blame them for taking a big swing to get there.

Boston caught some lucky breaks last year, not having to deal with them or Washington. I do not envy the thought of having to play either of those teams this year, but it's gonna happen. Probably. Boston needs to upgrade their top 6, no question about it. They got some real good workhorses on this team, but not enough finishers still.

With that said, I really am glad Sweeney's being careful about what proposals he makes. I don't know, even if this team got Kreider or Palmier or Toffoli, if they have enough to win a cup. I don't want to see Sweeney oversell and hurt this team down the road because they stayed in on a hand where one of the other teams has a Royal Flush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille