Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
You take out Vaaks you take out the entire defensive prospect pool.

As I said above signing Coyle longterm and having a better prospect in Stud makes it tough for Trent.

vaak is the top guy, and he's expansion exempt so i agree that's a tough one. we'll see.

maybe. frederic can also move to the wing if they choose.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Here's a list of trades and free agent signings Peter Chiarelli made to win the Stanley Cup in 2011. It's really impressive and I can't remember anything comparable. After the Cup win the list wasn't that impressive.

2006-06-24 - Tuukka Rask G Acquired from Toronto for Andrew Raycroft.
2006 -07-01 - Zdeno Chara D Signed as free agent.
2007-07-01 - Shawn Thornton RW Signed as free agent.
2007-02-10 - Andrew Ference D Acquired from Calgary with Chuck Kobasew for Brad Stuart, Wayne Primeau, 4th rnd in 2008.
2007-05-16 - Adam McQuaid D Acquired from Columbus for 2007 5th round pick (BOS - #129 - Jamie Benn).
2008-01-02 - Shane Hnidy D Acquired from Anaheim with 2008 6th rnd pick for Brandon Bochenski.
2008-06-24 - Johnny Boychuk D Acquired from Colorado for Matt Hendricks.
2008-07-01 - Michael Ryder RW FA 2008 Signed as free agent.
2009-03-04 - Mark Recchi RW Traded from Tampa with 2nd rnd pick in 2010 for Matt Lashoff, Martins Karsum.
2009-09-18 - Boston Bruins traded Phil Kessell to Toronto for a 1st rnd pick, in 2010 (Tyler Seguin), a 2nd rnd pick in 2010, (Jared Knight) and a 1st rnd pick in 2011.(Dougie Hamilton).
2009-10-20 - Daniel Paille LW Acquired from Buffalo for 2010 3rd round pick (BOS - #75 - Kevin Sundher).
2010-03-03 - Dennis Seidenberg D Acquired from Florida with Matt Barkowski for 2nd rnd pick in 2010, Craig Weller and Byron Bitz.
2010-06-22 - Nathan Horton RW Acquired from Florida with Greg Campbell for Dennis Wideman, 1st rnd pick in 2010, 3rd pick in 2011.
2011-02-15 - Chris Kelly C Acquired from Ottawa for 2011 2nd rnd pick (BOS - #61 - Shane Prince).
2011-02-18 - Tomas Kaberle D Acquired from Toronto for Joe Colborne, 1st rnd pick in 2011 and 2nd rnd pick in 2012.
2011-02-18 - Rich Peverley RW Acquired from Atlanta with Boris Valabik for Blake Wheeler and Mark Stuart.
2011-02-28 - Anton Khudobin G Acquired from Minnesota for Mikko Lehtonen and Jeff Penner

One can assume PC was also involved in this NHL draft in 2006
2006-06-24 - Phil Kessell RW NHL Draft - 1st rnd 5th overall by Boston Bruins
2006-06-24 - Milan Lucic LW NHL Draft - 2nd rnd 60th overall by Boston Bruins.
2006-06-24 - Brad Marchand LW NHL Draft - Drafted 2006 3rd rnd 71st overall by Boston Bruins.
(Pick acquired on draft day from Phoenix for 4th rnd - 5th rnd in 2006).
No idea why anyone gives 2 s***s what trades Chiarelli made after the Stanley Cup. I mean yes, he did screw up badly but until then he was right on the money with just about every trade that he made leading up to the Cup. The only trade that I didn't care for previous to the Cup was Versteeg for Bochenski. Otherwise he did his job, won the Cup, had a HUUUUUUUUGE brain fart and screwed up for the next few years until he was fired. Anyhow, it's the trades that lead up to the Cup that I judge him on when all is said and done and I thank him for it.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Out of the top prospects Trent should be easiest to give up on.

Stud is needed to give a shot at Krejci replacement and Vaaks is the top D-prospect, and pretty much the only good one now that Lauzon has upgraded.

They also have Coyle locked up for the next 5.5 years.

Is Heinen really the difference between Coleman and Palmieri?

Trent+1st+Heinen I can live with but somehow doubt they'd go for it.
If you look at Colemans hits and takeaways etc. and his contract his value is close to Palmieri’s

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
If Coleman went for a 1st round pick and nolan foote who himself was a first round pick. What would kreider go for? Looks to me 3 first round picks. This is getting ridiculous.
Thats not how trade value works. Coleman went for that return because of his contract and because multiple teams were bidding for him and Tampa is desperate.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If you look at Colemans hits and takeaways etc. and his contract his value is close to Palmieri’s

Palmieri is a proven consistent 50+ player, 1st line talent, Coleman has hit 30 points twice.
More like quality 3rd line addition.
As much as his cap hit is elite for 3rd line guy Palmieri’s is for 1st line.

There's a clear difference, points are expensive.

vaak is the top guy, and he's expansion exempt so i agree that's a tough one. we'll see.

maybe. frederic can also move to the wing if they choose.

Where he still wouldn't be as much of a need if they land that winger.

Potential 3rd line guy shouldn't be untouchable when it comes to fixing a multi year issue.

Reactions: Strafer

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I’d move Kuhlman, Heinen before Frederic. Frederic has the tools to be a decent power forward.

The last thing I want to trade is a guy who shows promise of toughness in an organization that severely lacks it.
And if they require ALL 3 plus our first round pick? Because it's feeling like it's going to take a LOT. Furthermore, every time a deal for a guy who the Bruins could really use gets done with another team, the price for the remaining guys on the market goes up. The shelves are getting bare of RH/RW's, trader Donnie had better put on his big boy pants, take some Mylanta, have a cup of coffee, converse one LAST time with his pro-scouts, pickup the phone and make an essential deal. Kuhlman is inexperienced, Heinen (is Heinen, nuff said) and Frederic is a potential monster but isn't there yet.
It's time to sack-up Donnie!

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
If Coleman went for a 1st round pick and nolan foote who himself was a first round pick. What would kreider go for? Looks to me 3 first round picks. This is getting ridiculous.

I don't think so.

Tampa gave a whole lot up, no doubt but I don't think that will affect other players, mainly because each team have certain needs and unless there becomes a huge bidding war on a player, I don't think this trade will affect the market.

Reports were out-there that Boston was also in on Coleman, maybe that's why he went for so much and Tampa targeted him and really wanted him and wasn't going to let one of their fieriest rivals get him.

I can remember a year ago the same thing happen when the Devils dealt Boyle to the Preds for a 2nd and everyone thought that had set the market, but it wasn't the case.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I mean Toffoli has been in his “back pocket” for months now.
Yeah, kinda reminds me of Schenn and the evaluating of him and that deal that didn't happen. NOTHING is a sure thing even if someone said that he's in Donnie's "back pocket." Until and unless a trade is done it's only a rumor.

Reactions: Spooner st

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Wouldn't the Coleman trade set Palmieri for 2 1st's and Stud?

I don't think so. You could make a solid case that Coleman has been better than Palmieri this year. I think NJ fans would make that case. Coleman is a serious two-way presence. The folks here that are downplaying him are badly misinformed.

Last edited:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Potential 3rd line guy shouldn't be untouchable when it comes to fixing a multi year issue.

well yeah, nobody is untouchable. studnicka i would trade, but it'd have to be a hell of
a return. not saying frederic is a dealbreaker but usually guys of his level can be exchanged
for other prospects. i don't think NJ would demand frederic as part of a deal - they may
like him, but am sure another prospect can be used in his place. i'm saying i would steer
them in another direction.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I don't think so. You could make a solid case that Coleman has been better than Palmieri this year. I think NJ fans would make that case. Coleman is a serious two-way presence.

I think the price tag is similar if the devils retain on palms, but yeah, there's something to be said for Coleman's Superior all around game and balls to the wall energy over palms.

Palms is probably a better fit on some teams, Coleman a better fit on others

Reactions: PlayMakers

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
We are clearly in a seller's market ladies and gentlemen.

Isn't that the case every year at the trade deadline?
Plus, every year there are the top guys and then the next tier.
Funny, some people thought that Coleman would come cheaper than Palmieri.
This 2nd line hole has been here for 4+ years now. People kept saying
"wait until the off-season" but those came and went and Donnie didn't fix his mistakes (Backes and the 2RW hole).
4+ years of signing guys who basically are blocking kids who could've been getting experience (like Seny).
Now we're watching another TD come and hopefully Sweeney has an answer that isn't a rental but I expect it will come at a VERY high cost.
I just hope that if/when they pay it they win a Cup.

Reactions: The don godfather
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad