Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Coleman was a left shot Center, Palmieri is a RW. They need to add a RW for Krech. Kuhlman is a bottom 6 player, time to get him off that line.

Reactions: bbfan419

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Isn't that the case every year at the trade deadline?
Plus, every year there are the top guys and then the next tier.
Funny, some people thought that Coleman would come cheaper than Palmieri.
This 2nd line hole has been here for 4+ years now. People kept saying
"wait until the off-season" but those came and went and Donnie didn't fix his mistakes (Backes and the 2RW hole).
4+ years of signing guys who basically are blocking kids who could've been getting experience (like Seny).
Now we're watching another TD come and hopefully Sweeney has an answer that isn't a rental but I expect it will come at a VERY high cost.
I just hope that if/when they pay it they win a Cup.
I want donny to make the move for that cup but I cringe when I hear the names of debrusk studnicka beecher. This is gonna be some nervous type days for us bruins fans . Let's hope it all works out .

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Major fail by Sweeney not being able to land Coleman. It's even worse that a divisional rival got him.

I disagree. It's a major win for Tampa, but not a major fail for Sweeney. Coleman would have been a 3rd liner for us and the Bruins couldn't afford to pay that much for a 3rd liner when they need those assets to fix the 2nd line.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
I disagree. It's a major win for Tampa, but not a major fail for Sweeney. Coleman would have been a 3rd liner for us and the Bruins couldn't afford to pay that much for a 3rd liner when they need those assets to fix the 2nd line.
but, but people like the neighbors yard.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

This is really what it's all about. Finding that player who complements Krejci as 2RW.

I will say, though, that I think Tampa used assets that would have been better utilized in acquiring another defenseman. Maybe they go out and get that defenseman, but I don't think they needed Coleman.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I will just point out that Tampa is making themselves a far more competitive playoff team than last years, learning from their experience with Columbus. Since last year they have added Maroon and now Coleman, two of the more physical players in the league. They are getting ready for a tough playoff run, the Bruins still have Danton Heinen, Sweeney needs to make some moves before he sounds like Chiarelli at the post trade deadline press conference.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Would think Fitzgerald would love Studnicka or Frederic after watching his sons games. could use a big center for the 3rd line in the future. defensively they have smith, bahl and Walsh coming soon, plus they drafted a bunch of them this past June

Isn't Zacha that guy? Big, strong, two-way center. 22 years old, right in that sweet spot Fitz talked about.

Reactions: Lo97

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Okay that's a whole other story!!
I didn't realize that he's a LH/LW. So yeah, he would end up being a 3rd line player and even if on a cheap deal, the cost to acquire was high and also it would've left us $1.8 million less to work with.

Reactions: Lo97 and PlayMakers

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
This is really what it's all about. Finding that player who complements Krejci as 2RW.

I will say, though, that I think Tampa used assets that would have been better utilized in acquiring another defenseman. Maybe they go out and get that defenseman, but I don't think they needed Coleman.

I don't know. Hedman, McDonagh, Cernek, Sergachev, Shattenkirk... They've got some good players 1-5. I don't think they'll need a 1st or A-level prospect to get a solid #6.

Coleman gives them a top9 that is arguably the best in the league right now. A first line with Stamkos, Point and Kucherov, then 6 guys in their middle 9 who will have 50 points, including two potential 30 goal scorers. Coleman helps with their PK too, he's an elite penalty killer.

IMO, it's a great move by Tampa. I'm looking forward to seeing Sweeney's counter move.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
I want donny to make the move for that cup but I cringe when I hear the names of debrusk studnicka beecher. This is gonna be some nervous type days for us bruins fans . Let's hope it all works out .
The only people bringing up Debrusk are people on this board who don’t know what the hell they are talking about. Players like Studnicka and Beecher get moved every deadline.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Isn't that the case every year at the trade deadline?
Plus, every year there are the top guys and then the next tier.
Funny, some people thought that Coleman would come cheaper than Palmieri.
This 2nd line hole has been here for 4+ years now. People kept saying
"wait until the off-season" but those came and went and Donnie didn't fix his mistakes (Backes and the 2RW hole).
4+ years of signing guys who basically are blocking kids who could've been getting experience (like Seny).
Now we're watching another TD come and hopefully Sweeney has an answer that isn't a rental but I expect it will come at a VERY high cost.
I just hope that if/when they pay it they win a Cup.
Noone was blocking kids at 2RW because we don’t have any kids capable of playing 2RW.

“Seny” can’t even work his way off AHL 4th line.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008

I respect your opinion. The difference for me was how Coleman played against the Bruins this season. He was arguably the best of all possible players that has been considered to be traded I saw in the last 2 months. The guy scored 20 goals on a lousy Jersey team either at even strength or shorthanded. His only weakness is that he is not 2 or 3 inches taller. Apart from that he would fit the type Bruins look for perfectly. Playing with Krejci requires some grit and skill so Krejci can be useful dishing his passes.
Also saying Coleman is on the same level as Heinen is undervaluing him. He is not a 3rd liner.

Reactions: Strafer

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Tampa not farking around.Sweeney behind the 8 ball now.Teams know he needs help for sure now and price just went up.

It's no secret the Bruins 2nd line RW hole. It's three+ years old and counting and the price tag has always been steep for Boston's taste. I still say they were one RW away from the Cup last year and possibly this year as well.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Noone was blocking kids at 2RW because we don’t have any kids capable of playing 2RW.

“Seny” can’t even work his way off AHL 4th line.
And that's a pitiful thing.
I really think though that DS has dropped the ball on this for far too long.
In regards to the kids in the farm, it's a very telling (thing) that for these 4-5 years that
he's been at the helm he can't find his a$$ (RW) with both hands.
When "you're" terrible at evaluating a certain thing/position you figure out who
is good at it and put it on them to produce. Sweeney is a good-great defense evaluator
but when it comes to forwards: C
And I only give me a C because he saved his hide with the Coyle addition.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
[QUOTE="elMatador, post: 170381259
Also saying Coleman is on the same level as Heinen is undervaluing him. He is not a 3rd liner.[/QUOTE]
True, but it makes us feel a bit better.
Anyway, not knowing what the Bruins are willing to give up but
if they did get Coleman maybe they would've have had what they need to get their RW target?

member 96824

The only people bringing up Debrusk are people on this board who don’t know what the hell they are talking about. Players like Studnicka and Beecher get moved every deadline.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that, but it doesn’t mean he gets moved. Highly unlikely.

Reactions: Pia8988

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I don't know. Hedman, McDonagh, Cernek, Sergachev, Shattenkirk.
IMO, it's a great move by Tampa. I'm looking forward to seeing Sweeney's counter move.
It better be a damn good one....
Although as (I believe) G Wally said, and I very loosely quote
"The Bruins played X amount of weeks more than Tampa and Washington so ...."
Even though I want them to be all in,
I don't know if they have it in them for another long 4 rounds of
playoff hockey.

Reactions: Estlin

member 96824

It better be a damn good one....
Although as (I believe) G Wally said, and I very loosely quote
"The Bruins played X amount of weeks more than Tampa and Washington so ...."
Even though I want them to be all in,
I don't know if they have it in them for another long 4 rounds of
playoff hockey.

They have it in them...they’re the best team in the league

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
N. Foote + 1st and the called Colorado trade before on twitter definitely sounds bidding war for me. Tampa really wanted that guy and good for them. Coleman is a valuable trade deadline addition in the mold of Peverley or Kelly for me.

Prices are definitely high this year but the Bruins have roster players of value they could give up for an rw upgrade. Gryz and Heinen. I personally would trade Gryz if Krug is resigning. If not keep him but don't go on with both of them on the team. Heinen is kind of redundant if you can fill that second line hole. Kuhlman could play as the third line rw. I would like him more on the fourth line but they showed some comittment to Wagner with his extension. Kuhlman could grow into this but in no case you go on with him as the right wing for Krejci to play in the playoffs.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

I keep hearing Coleman would be 3rd liner for Bruins but today when I watched the game I saw Karson Khulman on 2nd line.Coleman scores more then DeBrusk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia