Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Something to think about....Bruins are 6th overall in the NHL this year in goals for and 4th in goals against.
Last year ( at the end of the year) we were 11th in goals for and 4th in goals against.
So, our offense is better.

St Louis, last year was 6th in GA and 15th in GF and won the Cup.
My point being that yes it would be nice to get another 20 ++ goal scoring winger, but not if it means our goals against will suffer.
A good defense will always beat a good offense. Goaltending and defense, especially depth on defense is critical for a Stanley Cup playoff run.

Bruins lost cause Blues defence won battles in trenches vs Bruins forwards.ps missed call on Acciari trip helped too.

Reactions: CDJ

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Who’s the best RW we can get for Zboril Senny Moore Heinen? Would Ottawa give us a second(they have 3) for Zboril and a 5th? They are ahead of schedule on a rebuild and Zboril can play now.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I wouldn't say the only difference last year was Johansson.

The Bruins a year ago were able to avoid the Caps and the Bolts, add in the addition of Johansson and the Bruins came within one game of winning the cup.

I don't think they will be as fortunate this year and there's no Johansson on top of that. The Bruins need to add and maybe add again if they have any plans on making it back to the finals and hopefully win a Cup.

I just meant players- the comment was "we aren't winning a cup with that middle 6" or something like, and the only different player was Mojo. They probably do need to add, but it isn't like the middle 6 is crap, just needs one addition OR someone already on the roster to break out.

Last edited:
Reactions: TCB

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Tired of hearing lucky avoiding Caps and Bolts.Bruins beat the team that beat Bolts and beat the team that beat Caps.

I agree, there is no reason to think the Bruins could not have beaten either team, or both, in a series. Tough series' for sure, but not these impossible hills to climb like some say.

Reactions: bbfan419

lucic27

proposal trade
Jul 7, 2014
QUÉBEC CITY
Having ,Heinen , Kuhlaman and Bojrk all in you top 9 is not a Stanley cup champion team, in my opinion one should be traded with a+ for a better asset. I think when you consider all things Heinen is the one to trade.
Bojrk : my preference to keep
Heinen has more trade value than Kuhlaman and a higher cap hit
Very right

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Tired of hearing lucky avoiding Caps and Bolts.Bruins beat the team that beat Bolts and beat the team that beat Caps.

Boston always has trouble with Washington.

It doesn’t mean they couldn’t have beaten them but you just match up differently against certain teams

Reactions: Lo97 and Estlin

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Who’s the best RW we can get for Zboril Senny Moore Heinen? Would Ottawa give us a second(they have 3) for Zboril and a 5th? They are ahead of schedule on a rebuild and Zboril can play now.

Zero chance.

Zboril's trade value is practically nothing. He has to be qualified this and has to clear waivers next October. If I'm Dorion and I have my eyes on Zboril, I'm just waiting for him to not make the Boston roster next October and claim him on waivers.

Reactions: Lo97

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

There's such a thing as match ups. To pretend it works the way you are implying is disingenuous. Would the Bruins have physically imposed their will on the bolts like the Blue Jackets did? Doubt it. It clearly tooks its toll on the CBJs because they weren't nearly as physical in their matchup with the Bruins.

Reactions: Lo97 and Strafer

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Kuhlman has really impressed in this second stint this season. Still think he's playing a little out of place on the second line. But has shown that hes a top 9 guy.

Blidh has also shown he can be both responsible and effective. Like what he has shown thus far.

If they keeps it up, this opens more options for Sweeney as we approach Feb 24th IMO. And even next season in terms of fourth line personnel.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Agreed. they would win the cup for sure.

also last night

Watched some goal highlights of Palmeri from last season.

He scores quite a bit on the power play. 11 PPGs the last two seasons. This season he already has 10!

Makes playing with Krejci all that more interesting as they'd probably be on the same PP unit together as well.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

He scores quite a bit on the power play. 11 PPGs the last two seasons. This season he already has 10!

Makes playing with Krejci all that more interesting as they'd probably be on the same PP unit together as well.

Krejci - Palmieri - Coyle - McAvoy - Grz

^Solid PP2 unit

Reactions: JCRO

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

yeah he has never played with an elite passing center in NJ. He’s 30 goals easy played next to 46 and his 5v5 would be way better

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
I'm starting to get the feeling that because everyone thinks Kreider is the perfect fit for Boston, the Bruins are going to go off the board simply for that reason.

I have hopes that bcbruin's info points to them targeting a bigger fish and maybe one not talked about much if at all. Maybe for once they surprise us in a good way.

Reactions: Lo97 and Estlin

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
i'm honestly not sure what kind of package it'll take, but:

palmieri and wood for 2020 1st, vaakanainen OR beecher, heinen, moore, backes

seems a little too NHL20 trade wise. it's a lot of moving parts :propeller

Donnie needs to pull off a trade like this great one -- channel your inner Pat Quinn!

March 5, 1991
Trade: Geoff Courtnall, Robert Dirk, Sergio Momesso, Cliff Ronning and future considerations traded from St. Louis to Vancouver for Dan Quinn and Garth Butcher.
Result: As the Canucks ramp up to an (expected) extended playoff run this season, this deal laid the groundwork for their last dominant team, in the early ’90s. Ronning was a huge part of Vancouver’s success the next six seasons, culminating in a Stanley Cup final appearance against the eventual champion New York Rangers in ’94. Momesso provided toughness and goals through five seasons. Ditto for Courtnall.
Quinn played another year-and-a-half in the NHL before taking his game overseas. Butcher’s best hockey was left on the West Coast.

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad