Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
the bruins know what there going to get from bergy, marchy, pasta, rask, krejci, most nights.
krejci and rask especially were real good, actually rask was great in last seasons playoffs, is he capable of a repeat performance to get them
to the finals again, i doubt that thus trading for a RW this season will be irrelevant. Sweeney should stand pat and hope that the goaltending
will be as good as last playoff because if it is not adding a RW will not put them there.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
kuhlman>Heinen and it doesnt even have the slightest thing to do with performance

Heinen isnt better than marchand/debrusk and its debatable hes better than Bjork or has a better future than lauko. so... that pegs him 3rd line lw… and then we look at cap hit

kuhlman has only pastrnak above him in the depth chart for right shot wingers... and is on an elc contract

need plus value = fit

welcome to the new math boys and girls

of course... neither guy might be a fixture here in 2 years time... im not going overboard to say either one is completely untradable

nor am I saying that we should just get rid of either for free... i do think both guys are good options for a 3rd line in this 2020 nhl

in order to manage the cap... the smart plan is shop Heinen for a right wing that can contribute now... put kuhlman on the back burner for next year

Reactions: Strafer

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Something to think about....Bruins are 6th overall in the NHL this year in goals for and 4th in goals against.
Last year ( at the end of the year) we were 11th in goals for and 4th in goals against.
So, our offense is better.

St Louis, last year was 6th in GA and 15th in GF and won the Cup.
My point being that yes it would be nice to get another 20 ++ goal scoring winger, but not if it means our goals against will suffer.
A good defense will always beat a good offense. Goaltending and defense, especially depth on defense is critical for a Stanley Cup playoff run.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Something to think about....Bruins are 6th overall in the NHL this year in goals for and 4th in goals against.
Last year ( at the end of the year) we were 11th in goals for and 4th in goals against.
So, our offense is better.

St Louis, last year was 6th in GA and 15th in GF and won the Cup.
My point being that yes it would be nice to get another 20 ++ goal scoring winger, but not if it means our goals against will suffer.
A good defense will always beat a good offense. Goaltending and defense, especially depth on defense is critical for a Stanley Cup playoff run.

That midd6 won’t survive the East

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
That midd6 won’t survive the East

The only difference from last season is Marcus Johansson. Was he really what pushed the Bruins over the top? He was a good player and contributed, but they got through the east last season with basically that same middle 6, and could do so again.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The only difference from last season is Marcus Johansson. Was he really what pushed the Bruins over the top? He was a good player and contributed, but they got through the east last season with basically that same middle 6, and could do so again.

1 player can be key, with more players playing where they should be and contributing more.
1 line teams don’t get far.

I also highly doubt this team could run through East without meeting either Tampa or Washington again

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
1 player can be key, with more players playing where they should be and contributing more.

I also highly doubt this team could run through East without meeting either Tampa or Washington again

I think Bjork is going to be a key contributor down the stretch and will give us something like Mojo did. Hopefully. If not, there is the TDL in play :D. I don't dislike the team's chances as currently constructed vs. either of those two clubs. They will be tough matchups for sure, but there aren't many easy ones in the playoffs.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think Bjork is going to be a key contributor down the stretch and will give us something like Mojo did. Hopefully. If not, there is the TDL in play :D. I don't dislike the team's chances as currently constructed vs. either of those two clubs. They will be tough matchups for sure, but there aren't many easy ones in the playoffs.

With Bjork/Heinen/Senyshyn company we’ve heard this for years now.
In the playoffs we need consistency of quality play, Coyle & Johanson(16&11 playoff points) provided that last season, but this year they need to aim even higher to really give them a shot

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
the bruins know what there going to get from bergy, marchy, pasta, rask, krejci, most nights.
krejci and rask especially were real good, actually rask was great in last seasons playoffs, is he capable of a repeat performance to get them
to the finals again, i doubt that thus trading for a RW this season will be irrelevant. Sweeney should stand pat and hope that the goaltending
will be as good as last playoff because if it is not adding a RW will not put them there.
Sooo what you’re suggesting is that if the goaltending doesn’t stand tall, the team won’t win the Cup? Ground breaking analysis

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Sooo what you’re suggesting is that if the goaltending doesn’t stand tall, the team won’t win the Cup? Ground breaking analysis

Here's an interesting exercise (though maybe I shouldn't clutter up the trade thread): what was the last team to win a cup with mediocre goaltending? Or, the last team to play in the SCF for that matter?

easton117

Nov 11, 2017

Washington could dress Ovechkin, Holtby and 18 helmet wearing pigeons and I still might take the caps in 6.

Not sure who the solution is to give Boston the edge against that club but I’ve yet to see it in house

Reactions: Lo97 and Strafer

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
But Binnington wasn't mediocre in the playoffs, was he? He might not be a Vezina guy overall, but tell me the last team that got mediocre goaltending in the playoffs and made it to the SCF.

Definitely not. His overall stats weren't eye popping, but he was absolutely unbeatable in big games. Look at the finals, he had some performances where he was STL's best player (including G7), but he was awful in G6. So the average wasn't really high, but STL fans thought he was spectacular.

I think Fleury is the same way. He has mind bending games followed by games where he probably shouldn't be playing. The result isn't the highest sv pct in the league but if you had to win 1 game and he was on, you wouldn't bet against him.

I actually felt similarly about Tim Thomas in 2011. His swings were less extreme, but he'd still go from completely unbeatable to just good, and then back to completely unbeatable.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Washington could dress Ovechkin, Holtby and 18 helmet wearing pigeons and I still might take the caps in 6.

Not sure who the solution is to give Boston the edge against that club but I’ve yet to see it in house

It's go to time for this team.

& They could go for it without killing the near future if they are smart and target only guys who could stay in Boston for years.

Not saying it quarantees them anything but gives a better shot.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Here's an interesting exercise (though maybe I shouldn't clutter up the trade thread): what was the last team to win a cup with mediocre goaltending? Or, the last team to play in the SCF for that matter?

wasnt that long ago Chicago won with niemi and suddenly everyone said goaltending wasnt important

Chicago actually let him go... and Crawford wasnt much better when it comes right down to it

going back aways… cam ward made an entire career out of winning a cup... was clearly mediocre. honestly id probably say matt murry is rather a mediocre goalie too

but i am not sure if you mean... good goalies playing mediocre crappy? because that might be harder to find. you could have martin brodeau or dominek hasek in net and if they play crappy you wont be winning anything

but almost any goalie in todays nhl can get hot for awhile.

wasnt too long ago Andrew Hammond was a legend in Ottawa. and I think brian boucher still has the record for shutout time. one of my favorite bruin goalies of all time was the lach nets monster blain lacher

what did harry sinden say about him?

either the luckiest goalie ever in year 1 or... unluckiest one ever in year 2?

Reactions: Dr Hook and HustleB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

I wouldn't say the only difference last year was Johansson.

The Bruins a year ago were able to avoid the Caps and the Bolts, add in the addition of Johansson and the Bruins came within one game of winning the cup.

I don't think they will be as fortunate this year and there's no Johansson on top of that. The Bruins need to add and maybe add again if they have any plans on making it back to the finals and hopefully win a Cup.

Reactions: Lo97

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
But Binnington wasn't mediocre in the playoffs, was he? He might not be a Vezina guy overall, but tell me the last team that got mediocre goaltending in the playoffs and made it to the SCF.
Binnington. He had some putrid stats in the playoffs.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Kase would be a homerun trade but I think it would take a lot more than Lebrun proposed.

Toffoli would be a good rental. Has playoff experience and has played in a very similar role to the one he would play in Boston.

Kreider has always seemed like a really streaky player so I could see some risk but you could do much worse than him in your top-6.

Not sure I've seen any other names that really interest me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad