All Alfredsson Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
It's all a big scam to save the club money. He wrote into his contract that he gets to go back to Ottawa at trade deadl-line, if the teams are neck & neck, or if Ottawa looks like a bigger threat.

Wait for it.

TheOriginalSilf*

It's all a big scam to save the club money. He wrote into his contract that he gets to go back to Ottawa at trade deadl-line, if the teams are neck & neck, or if Ottawa looks like a bigger threat.

Wait for it.

39483403.jpg

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
I honestly don't even care that Alfie has gone, no word of a lie.

(I also never go on my PC, hence he's still my avatar)

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
What pisses me off the ****ing most is how he constantly said he will never leave Ottawa. Even at the thought of traded to another team.

Then he pulls this off. If he said he wanted a cup so bad from before I wouldn't mind but to say you'll stick by something then **** it over at the end, **** man it hurts so much more.

Also, can you imagine anyone for the past 7 years hosting the cup not named Alfredsson for us? I can't, and it hurts to think he gave up on that.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
meh

I'm over it. The pieces we have in place and character in the room will be tons of fun to watch next year. Now we see why the Sens have been drafting for character and work ethic the past few seasons. I can definitely see a Cup in Ottawa in 5-6 years.

But the idea of Alfredsson on the first line in Detroit? Come on, the Wings didn't even have the legs to survive a half season and gave away a 3-1 series lead. Do they honestly think a year older and a full schedule later they'll do better?

Add all the players you want, Wings. You are not a Cup contender.

So the team that was a lucky bounce away from removing the SC winners from the post season are no contender next year while adding two good pieces and losing nothing. Let's be honest here... he's playing one more season and he decides to do it in a team with a better shot at it than the Sens. Because I dont think anyone of you actually believe the Sens have a better shot at the cup than the Wings next year.

--

So many of you guys acts like he owes everything to you and when he goes to do one thing for himself you say he's dead to you. Jeez. It could have been handled in a better way and I'm sure all the cards are not out there yet but to go from that to being the scum of the earth.. woowsa.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
So the team that was a lucky bounce away from removing the SC winners from the post season are no contender next year while adding two good pieces and losing nothing. Let's be honest here... he's playing one more season and he decides to do it in a team with a better shot at it than the Sens. Because I dont think anyone of you actually believe the Sens have a better shot at the cup than the Wings next year.

--

So many of you guys acts like he owes everything to you and when he goes to do one thing for himself you say he's dead to you. Jeez. It could have been handled in a better way and I'm sure all the cards are not out there yet but to go from that to being the scum of the earth.. woowsa.

Hahahaha, I don't know what's more amusing, the fact that you don't know the full story or you trying to take the role of an annoying girl talking to her friend minutes after she just broke up from a long relationship.

First of all, Alfredsson for the past 2 years shot any chance that he would leave the Sens. He said he would win a cup with Ottawa or no team at all. To see him do this now after all that false hope is what fuels our anger more than anything. I do not care he left, I wish he wins the cup next year if we do not but for him to change allegiances after lying just like that is the worst.

You're right Detroit added 2 good pieces but they DID lose 2 huge pieces in Filppula and Brunner who contributed a lot. Heck, Clearly isn't signed yet who played big role in the playoffs.

Ottawa added top 3 winger, a potential 40 goal man. They also added another 45-50 point player and we could have retained Alfredsson at that.

Had Alfredsson stayed, Detroit would have only got Weiss or whatever and lost Cleary, Brunner and Filppula, Ottawa is just as likely to go far as Detroit is.

If we were a bad team then I wouldn't care what Alfie did anyway. Him leaving when we have a good team is like saying you guys suck you'd expect him to at least sign with us and request a trade later.

Honestly, just gtfo.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

--

A team that's up 3 games to 1 and then loses 3 straight to lose a series isn't close to anything but the golf course. Weiss is not a clutch performer, and Alfredsson, god love 'em, isn't an impact player anymore.

Most of the core players on the Wings are old, and getting older. Next year we're going back to an 82 game schedule + playoffs. No way the core group of the Wings has the legs to go past round 2 next year.

Neither Ottawa or Detroit are contenders next season.

Take a good look at the East. Pittsburgh, Boston, and the New York Rangers are easily superior to Detroit.

If a team is, at absolute best, 4th place in the conference, you can not consider them a "contender" in any way, shape or form.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Plus, if Alfredsson really wanted a cup, he would/should have signed with Boston. I don't wtf he is doing in Detroit, and I'm saying this as a huge Wings fan, 2nd fav after Sens.

I believe Sens fans would have taken it much more lightly, if negatively at all, had he went to Boston; but Detroit? A team we can challenge with? Yea ok.

StittsvilleJames

Apr 17, 2012
Ottawa
I'm not upset that he's leaving the Senators, from a hockey standpoint. His production isn't what it was, and the addition of Ryan and MacArthur make us much better.

The only think that bothers me is that he's not just going to play for Detroit, but he's moving his whole family, doesn't know if he'll even come back to Ottawa, and in his own words, doesn't care about his legacy here.

That's not just leaving the them for a shot at a cup. It's leaving a city that embraced him and treated him like royalty. To me it shows he doesn't actually care about the city and fans, and has no emotional ties to us at all. If he did, he'd want to come back and live here.

It's a great city, Alfie, with or without you in it.

Goodbye.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Plus, if Alfredsson really wanted a cup, he would/should have signed with Boston. I don't wtf he is doing in Detroit, and I'm saying this as a huge Wings fan, 2nd fav after Sens.

I believe Sens fans would have taken it much more lightly, if negatively at all, had he went to Boston; but Detroit? A team we can challenge with? Yea ok.

Agreed.

After the kinship we had with the Bruins this year, I'd love (in a manner of speaking) to see him in a Boston jersey. I could see him in Chicago, New York, maybe even LA or Vancouver...or even (yuck!) Pittsburgh now that Cooke is gone.

Hell, I've even entertained the possibility that he has post-concussion syndrome (actually, that charity pic a few weeks back showing him at that boxing match is what did that - his eyes were so far gone...creepy) and suffering the typical personality change. (How's that for a wack job conspiracy theory?) :laugh:

Fearless Leaf*

Seriouslu guys, this must be hard for u but please bear with it( Alfredsson).

I know you guys are heart-broken and devasted but i hope you can forget about all this and just look forward to the season.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Thank you sir.

I somewhat understand the hate the Devils fans have towards Parise. Alfie will always be our captain and I hope he wins if the Sens don't.

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
k The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I have no problem with alfie ,my biggest beef is with our dammed cheap owner.And how Alfie just uprooted and left with his kids just like that my guess is he did too

WhiteLight*

Thank you sir.

I somewhat understand the hate the Devils fans have towards Parise. Alfie will always be our captain and I hope he wins if the Sens don't.

**** no. **** Alfie.

He doesn't want to be here, and he left when we need him. **** him.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Alfred who? He's dead to me. If he wanted to be here he had every chance. Shows a lack of character in my books, maybe this is just what we need. Many have said we'll never win with him as our captain, I believe that now as his true colours and lack of leadership came out in full. I hope he enjoys dodging bullets and Neil, Kassian, Smith, etc in Detroit. He made his bed

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I'll always appreciate what he did in Ottawa, but the manner in which he left the team has left with me with a terrible taste in my mouth. I hope we get further than the red wings in the playoffs and if we have to play them, I hope Bobby, Spezza, and Karlsson light their crappy defense up. Be nice to see Neil level Alfredsson too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad