Waived: Alexei Bereglazov

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Did we ever get any more info on Borgman?

Hot commodity, Heard as Many as six teams are now seriously in the mix. Will be tough for NYR to sign I think. Not impossible but his stock has risen since he was first mentioned. Not NHL ready as is, will need a While in the AHL first. Detroit wants him. Devils too.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

So... Bereglazov signed a 2-year deal, for $925k a year, with $850 in performance bonuses each year. That makes his AAV $1,775,000.

The performance bonuses are as follows:

Schedule A bonuses cannot exceed $212,500 per individual bonus and $850,000 in aggregate. Following is a run down.

- Top 6 FW in Ice Time (min. 42 reg. season games)
- 10 goals
- 25 assists
- 40 points
- 0.49 points per game
- Top3 +/- rating (min. 42 GP)
- Top2 defensemen in blocked shots
- NHL All-Rookie Team
- NHL All-Star Game
- NHL All-Star Game MVP

I wonder what the bonus structure will be

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Perhaps. But we have landed guys like Hayes and Vesey when everyone had a shot at them. In a perfect world we would still have all our draft picks to go with them...but they do make up for moving some of the other assets.

1 Step forward and 1 & 1/5 back is what i keep seeing the last 4 or 5 years. I don't know anything about this player but it seems like a good, good move.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
A New Challenge for Bereglazov
The native of Magnitogorsk, Russia, is a defensive-minded defenseman with good size (6’4″, 205 lbs., according to his profile on the KHL official website), a great reach and a very good defensive awareness. His checking, positioning and ability to read plays are at a very good level, and he is a player with all the tools to play in the NHL. He can also play on both sides (he mostly played on the right in Russia), and his versatility can mean more options for the Rangers. He has also a good eye for the opening pass, knows how to move the puck and is very good at blocking shots.

His presence can be heard on the boards, although he’s not a classic physical defenseman and isn’t an open-ice hitter as some other players of his size are. His size also somewhat hinders his skating a bit, although this shouldn’t be too much of a problem on the smaller ice surface of the National Hockey League. At this point, he is ready to play in the NHL and the Rangers have a great option for a cheap third-pairing defenseman with the potential to climb the team’s depth chart in the next few years.

In spite of his young age, Bereglazov is a very experienced player. He showed excellent play against men in the KHL in 2014 and has since become a key player for one of the best KHL teams. In his career, he played 165 regular season (33 points) and 45 playoff (14 points) games in the KHL.

http://thehockeywriters.com/alexei-bereglazov-rangers-defenseman/

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Basically a 2nd Brendan Smith. I just hope he gets to play on the right side, where he belongs.

McDonagh-Girardi
Skjei-Smith
Graves-Bereglazov
Holden

Trade Klein
Buy out Staal

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What's the Staal buyout ? Same as eating 50 percent and trading ?

dsYbpnt.png

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Basically a 2nd Brendan Smith. I just hope he gets to play on the right side, where he belongs.

McDonagh-Girardi
Skjei-Smith
Graves-Bereglazov
Holden

Trade Klein
Buy out Staal

If the Rangers can keep Smith and Bereglazov becomes a 2nd version of him along with McDonagh and Skjei that's a very nice defensive core right there. They're missing that offensive punch from the backend but maybe Gorton can find a player like Vatanen to help fill that hole.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
If the Rangers can keep Smith and Bereglazov becomes a 2nd version of him along with McDonagh and Skjei that's a very nice defensive core right there. They're missing that offensive punch from the backend but maybe Gorton can find a player like Vatanen to help fill that hole.

Hayes for Vatanen. You heard it here

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
1 Step forward and 1 & 1/5 back is what i keep seeing the last 4 or 5 years. I don't know anything about this player but it seems like a good, good move.

You aren't wrong. But the last 4 or 5 years this team has been in win now mode...so while we might not like it, the reality is the organization has moved picks and prospects to try to put us over the top. Sadly it usually doesn't work, but that doesn't stop teams from doing it every year.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Sounds like a Sauer type?

No, he's alot like Alexei Semenov if anyone remembers him. Sather wanted him and he spurned us to be closer to family in Russia.

Perhaps an indication that the Rangers are letting the obsession with handedness take a back seat.

LOL, they have no choice ! When you don't draft any RH dmen your most likely gonna have to play LH guys on the right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad