Waived: Alexei Bereglazov

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
No, he's alot like Alexei Semenov if anyone remembers him. Sather wanted him and he spurned us to be closer to family in Russia.

LOL, they have no choice ! When you don't draft any RH dmen your most likely gonna have to play LH guys on the right.

I thought it was Semenov's wife that wanted nothing to do with New York?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Can someone translate?

Google can.

"Over the proposal" Rangers "I was thinking six months"

- Long thought over the offer, "Rangers"?

- Within six months mulling over concrete proposal.

- whether the proposals were from other clubs in the KHL?

- No. At least, to me anything like that never came.

- Why in the end accepted the offer of "Rangers", but did not remain in his native Magnitogorsk, where you'd have offered a new contract?

- Because of the NHL club was interested in me, they see me specifically composed. It bribed. Still, it's a chance to try their hand in the NHL. The dream of every hockey player.

Club of the NHL was interested in me, they see me specifically composed. It bribed.
- When are you going to move? You will carry the family?

- In summer, go on dates do not exactly know yet. My wife and I go together.

- Follow all the time for the performance of "New York Rangers"?

- If possible, I watch. Live game is not possible to see all the same night, go and get acquainted with the results forever.

"In the final," MMK "has not used his chance"

- Players NHL, probably will not go to the Olympic Games in South Korea. For the games had no desire to abandon America?

- Of course, the Olympics - a very important event for me. I do not know how everything goes. Let's see what the final decision will be. I hope still retain the fact that I could go to the Olympics.

- If you still ban will remain in force, whether it will be a blow for you?

- Of course, it will be very disappointing. I love my country, I am a patriot. I'd love to play for the national team at the Olympics. I just leaned to the choice to go to America, even before the NHL announced its decision.

- How would appreciate this season for yourself?

- Average. There is something to strive for both me and the team as a whole.

- What "Metallurg" did not have enough in the final with the SKA?

- First of all, strength. Plus I do not have luck. I do not know what we lacked. From the outside, perhaps, know better. Apparently, at that time we were weaker and did not use their chances. At the end of tired.

Apparently, at that time we were weaker and did not use their chances. At the end of tired.
- During the final series of the much discussed work of judges. You talk about judicial error affected?

- Of course, the news reached me. All of this information is reached, read the news. But this does not affect the "Magnitogorsk" players. Until recently, we tried, we trusted and fought.

- What do you think it was something to complain about the referees?

- I do not know, it is better to ask the journalists about it.

- Gennady Velichkin announced that you are invited to the national team. The remaining forces to the World Cup?

- To join the national team just two days later. Forces, of course, exist. I will try to get a part.

- We managed to move away from defeat in the series with SKA?

- Restore already. But where to go? It is a sport competition. Night slept, and has become better.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
I'd like to address those who criticize his lack of 'mobility'. Let's assume he really has a problem with this, one detail you are overlooking is that NHL rinks are generally speaking smaller and requires you to be less mobile than on euro ice surfaces. So, even if that would be an issue with Bereglazov in the KHL, it would be less an issue in the NHL if his positioning is good.

He could translate very well into the NHL, or very well be a major bust. But as others have pointed out, he's 'free', so you won't see me complain if he never even makes the team.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
A lot of comments (especially negative ones) I read on the internet remind me of the way people talked about Panarin and Zaitsev. Bereglazov was a top-4 D-man on the top team in the KHL. He was part of a team that won the GC in 2016 and lost the final this year. He wasn't exactly a passenger on the team. That is huge!

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I thought it was Semenov's wife that wanted nothing to do with New York?

His wife wanted to be back in Russia, I don't think she was looking to trash NY, but Sather was fuming at the time so maybe he added that extra flare to it.

What an obscure reference, unless you were trying to make a point that I missed.

Not obscure, he was an NHL dman that was almost part of this team, went back to Russia.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
McDonagh Shattenkirk
Skjei Smith
Holden Bereglazov
Graves (AV won't play him full time over Holden)

Or Staal in Holden's spot if he isn't gone

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
McDonagh Shattenkirk
Skjei Smith
Holden Bereglazov
Graves (AV won't play him full time over Holden)

Or Staal in Holden's spot if he isn't gone

I actually would not mind a potential Holden-Bereglazov pairing.

The Staal-Holden pairing is terrible, but I feel that's more to do with how bad Staal is now than Holden.

Holden being on the 3rd pair on his left handed natural side without next to Staal is the ideal spot for him. He was good there during the regular season.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Apparently his contract has a "No AHL" clause in it.

Anyone able to speak on that? Is it really that straight forward?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Apparently his contract has a "No AHL" clause in it.

Anyone able to speak on that? Is it really that straight forward?

Think it's an agreement that he can return to the KHL instead of getting sent down to the AHL.

Think it shows how high we are on him, we expect him to play right away.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He has a European out clause. That isn't the same as a no-AHL clause. A clause that prohibits a player from being sent down is called a no-move clause and those can only be applied to UFA years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad