Waived: Alexei Bereglazov

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Irishguy42, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich AV AND GORTON OUT

Student
    So you are trying to say other posters disagreeing with me means I'm wrong but other posters disagreeing with him didn't mean he was wrecked? Which is it?

I've seen a few other posters voice similar opinions to me that he got essentially no chance in preseason. You'd have to ignore the evidence to argue otherwise, so I guess only some, not all, people here want to do that. I don't really care if others disagree. What they are arguing is illogical and can't be backed up. I believe this is a way to protect Gorton from any criticism. It's a fair criticism that this guy never got a chance, we don't know how he'd do if he got a chance. But that can't be said, so let's distort what getting a chance is and argue that the team is definitely right, their decision is infallible because they watched him in training camp and practice, fans didn't. If it worked that way, Vigneault should've got no criticism. But it doesn't and those are weak attempts at defending Gorton.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    egelband likes this.
  2. Tawnos

Tawnos A guy with a bass

PB, players aren't given chances. Their chances are earned. So, while I would've liked to see more of Bereglazov in the preseason last year, I also can't say that he earned it. Pretty much from every report that came out, he didn't earn it. He was starting to earn a shot down in Hartford before deciding to go home.

I don't believe in a player being given anything. Even when I badly want that player to succeed so the nickname I gave him (Bear Gloves) would become part of everyday Rangers life.

Hunter Gathers and egelband like this.
  3. nyr2k2

nyr2k2 Can't Beat Him

Awards:
    You really, clearly do care if other people disagree. You take time to respond to every single post that disagrees with yours or critiques you or your opinions (which, let's be real, is a lot). One of the keys to enjoying this site to its fullest is actually learning not to care, and learning to just say, "OK whatever dude, if you say so" and walking away. Or you can debate 10 people for 35 pages. I don't have the energy for that.

4. haohmaru

haohmaru boomshakalaka

Real Estate Sales
    What's the evidence? That he was one of the first cuts out of camp? Where's the evidence that that wasn't merited? He also had a month in Hartford to show the staff something and obviously didn't. It was also known from early on that if wasn't playing in the NHL that he'd prefer to play in the KHL - the Rangers accommodated that. He's probably not in the top 10 on the Rangers D depth chart at this point. What's the big deal? It's not like he's starting next season in the NHL either.

Miamipuck and Hunter Gathers like this.
  5. Dr Chin Richalds

Dr Chin Richalds RIP John Amirante

I'm sadder for the loss of the nickname bear gloves than I am about the player

Hunter Gathers likes this.
  6. Ratelleitlikeitis

Ratelleitlikeitis Registered User

Maybe he should have played baseball...everyone knows that bears hibernate during the winter.

RoarLionRoar likes this.
  7. emodwarf

emodwarf Registered User

You came up with Bear Gloves? I feel like I just had a brush with royalty. To me, Bear Gloves is right up there with Pool Party for hockey nicknames that make me laugh every time.

8. Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Brooklyn Rangers Fan Change is good.

OK, whatever dude, if you say so.

;)

nyr2k2 likes this.
  9. nyr2k2

nyr2k2 Can't Beat Him

Awards:
    In all honesty if I had a dime for every time I've said that exact sentence on this site, I'd have at least 20 bucks. LOL.

10. Made Dan

Made Dan Registered User

PB pretty much wrecked himself with his ardent defense of a garbage defenseman.

Richard Banger likes this.
  11. Tawnos

Tawnos A guy with a bass

Yeah. Happened when we were trying to figure out how to pronounce his name.

12. Phoicon

Phoicon Take these broken wings and learn to fly again.

Marketing Director, Craftsman
    KHL has a huge problem with the defensive side of the game, making it very difficult to predict who will be a successful defender in the NHL. Doesn´t mean that there are no NHL ready prospects or players in Russia. Just a defender from there needs to work and refocus on his game.