Alexandre Burrows Appreciation Thread

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Definitely got a little choked up reading that. Obviously don't know him on any personal level, but Burrows is an inspiration.

Loved the guy. Not deserving of a retired jersey, I'm not even sure he's on Ring of Honour, but I'd have no problem if they put him there... eventually they're going to run out of space though... then what?

Three years ago I would have said Kesler before Burrows... not anymore.

There are 5, maybe 6 players in franchise history who have meant more than Burrows. Three of those 5 have their number in the rafters. Two of those 5 are the Sedins.

The franchise should just dissolve and move to Mexico City if Burrows doesn't get into the ROH.

TacitEndorsement

Jul 2, 2009
Definitely got a little choked up reading that. Obviously don't know him on any personal level, but Burrows is an inspiration.

There are 5, maybe 6 players in franchise history who have meant more than Burrows. Three of those 5 have their number in the rafters. Two of those 5 are the Sedins.

The franchise should just dissolve and move to Mexico City if Burrows doesn't get into the ROH.

To me the top guys are all on the same level in my heart.

Linden, Sedins, Naslund, Luongo, Burrows

Couldn't put any one over the other.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
Hard to read that and not get a bit teared up. Amazing player for us and I look forward to seeing him in the ROH one day. Guy bleeds blue and green.

The Canuck

Feb 22, 2017
Was on my way to school and read this. Man, not gonna lie. This guy is a true professional on and off the ice. I don't care what other people say about him. I consider him an adopted Vancouverite.

I hope when he's set to retire we sign him to a one day PTO just to do him right. He deserves to retire a Vancouver Canuck.

Can we do tradebacks? I don't want Dahlen any more LOL.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad